eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any report available yet for 2011-12, is there one? The few black Finals set 1's that I've seen seem to have MeiGray numbers from around I 5000's to I 5040's. So this Carter jersey (I 5037) could very well be a set 2, as I'm pretty sure his set 1 has been sold.

The 2011-12 population report won't be out for a while. If I recall correctly they don't tend to come out until a couple months after the cup.

You can call Meigray and ask. They specifically state that they provide this service to document what any jersey with one of their tags on it really is.

That would quickly settle the issue.

I can't possibly see those being their Cup-clinching jerseys. That would mean that nobody on the team actually got to keep their uniforms from Game 6? No way. They're probably just an extra set of media-event type jerseys that were tagged and given to the players to get autographed and wear during the celebrations.

I am now quite certain that those jerseys (including Carter's) worn in the media events were indeed the 2nd home set used in Games 4 and 6, which the players were allowed to keep.

Well boys LAK74 is 100% right. I just spoke with Dustin Brown and he confirmed that the jerseys they wore during the rally were the SCF clinching jerseys. Sad to see that Carter jersey go for $1900. I'm going to find Carter and kick his a##.

https://twitter.com/...231403778617344

My question to Brown: @ic0dex

Screen%2520Shot%25202012-06-22%2520at%252011.19.10%2520AM.png

His answer: @DustinBrown23

Screen%2520Shot%25202012-06-22%2520at%252011.19.36%2520AM.png

Saw that come across my Twitter feed ic0dex... can't believe that Carter's jersey went for less than $2000... Holy eff.

But I don't think Carter sold it maybe he gave it to someone.

Guess I should've bought it when I had the chance! It didnt even last overnight.

I didn't even search for something like this, but I would've bought it if I would've known!

The money from the jersey should buy enough booze to last Carter and Richards until training camp.

So they wrecked those excellent jerseys that held the Stanley Cup over their heads with all those awful autographs? What a shame.

So they wrecked those excellent jerseys that held the Stanley Cup over their heads with all those awful autographs? What a shame.

If they did it to keep them as momentos, I could maybe understand. But to do that and then sell or give them away.....

Guess I should've bought it when I had the chance! It didnt even last overnight.

So I just got word that the jersey is being returned to Carter. I'm guessing it was sold without his premision. As soon as I get more info on what happened I'll post it up.

UPDATE:

So as usual he was at a party and left the jersey there. The LA Kings contacted the seller and told them to return the jersey.

They're a personal reminder jersey. You now have autographs of everyone you played with, battled with, and won a Cup with.

I honestly don't get the hate that people have for autographed jerseys, but even more so when it's supposed to be a personal accomplishment.

It's not like these players intend on selling these. They're personal memoirs of this Cup run. Geez.

The money from the jersey should buy enough booze to last Carter and Richards until training camp.

You were almost right :lol:

Are people that dumb? Guess so

What am I missing? It just looks like a bad customization job to me. That's certainly not illegal. Or am I missing something.

What am I missing? It just looks like a bad customization job to me. That's certainly not illegal. Or am I missing something.

He changed the picture he had on before. It was a better customized jersey that had had a paper that said "property of BurnabyJoeSakic"

Haha what a tool

He used one of burnaby's authentic forsberg pics before changing it

I told him he was going to get a strike against his account for using other peoples pictures . he snobbishly called me a nerd and said he was " just a college kid with a bad camera". I called him a lazy college kid using other peoples pictures.

Lol, I told him he's a ###### for stealing pictures, especially when the pictures he used were of an authentic jersey when he's really selling a replica. That's a good way to get banned from eBay.

So I just got word that the jersey is being returned to Carter. I'm guessing it was sold without his premision. As soon as I get more info on what happened I'll post it up.

UPDATE:

So as usual he was at a party and left the jersey there. The LA Kings contacted the seller and told them to return the jersey.

are you F(&^*** kidding......... :wacko: ........Carter really is an idiot................