eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

are you F(&^*** kidding......... :wacko: ........Carter really is an idiot................

Yup that's the story. Also Brown held a singing by my house a few days ago and my friend asked him about it and Brown rolled his eyes back said "Just so stupid".

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to thank you guys for having my back. I hadn't seen that he was using one of my pictures or else I would have obviously contacted him. The bad part is this isn't the first or the last time this has/will happen. People really do have some guts. That's a terrible jersey and trying to fleece someone isn't cool. I can't imagine being a buyer, winning the jersey pictured, and then receiving that. I would be so pissed.

From the item description:

"I always portray my items as accurately and honestly as possible." --- Okay.

"Almost all the products I sell are in used condition and for this reason I do not accept returns or exchanges. All items are basically sold “As is”." --- Translation: I reserve the right to rip you off.

Thanks again fellas. Kind of cool to know that you guys recoginize my jerseys with my "watermark" when you see them.

I know it's a SCF jersey and it's their first Stanley Cup but I feel like know one will get more then what they payed for whenever they do decide to sell their jerseys. That is why I'm sticking with Chevy logo jerseys.

Yikes. Rare, sure, but almost $700 for a Cosby retail jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...nc#ht_500wt_922

Then the buyer will have the jersey examined and it turns out to be game worn... but WOW!!! I'd love to have that jersey.

I doubt they're game-worn. If they were, there would be some sort of wear on them...especially the JD one worn in the net. They're most likely very nice jerseys that found their way out of Cosby's at some point. Not worth those prices though. I could only find evidence of that style used in mesh during the pre-season of 1978-79 and that's it. Everything else was durene. THAT'S the one I'd go after...even though they sucked for that time period.

The other thing that makes me believe they're NOT game-worn is the size. 52 was fairly rare back then as players and pads were still fairly small. Maloney most likely would have worn a 46 or 48.

I doubt they're game-worn. If they were, there would be some sort of wear on them...especially the JD one worn in the net. They're most likely very nice jerseys that found their way out of Cosby's at some point. Not worth those prices though. I could only find evidence of that style used in mesh during the pre-season of 1978-79 and that's it. Everything else was durene. THAT'S the one I'd go after...even though they sucked for that time period.

The other thing that makes me believe they're NOT game-worn is the size. 52 was fairly rare back then as players and pads were still fairly small. Maloney most likely would have worn a 46 or 48.

The fact that there are no board burns on the Maloney makes me doubt that they are game worn. I would also think if the seller had any idea that they even might be game worn they would have mentioned it.

I definitely didn't think they were game worn, and the mesh and size kind of baffled me too. But I did find this example of one of the pre-season with a fairly large size for the day.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=7&lotid=282

I can't access that at work but is it the Esposito one? If so, that size is mostly justified because of how big he was when he played. There weren't many other guys his size or larger back then.

I can't access that at work but is it the Esposito one? If so, that size is mostly justified because of how big he was when he played. There weren't many other guys his size or larger back then.

Yes, it is the Esposito

Monarchs organization: do we have any kits of quicks? Perfect! Slap them on some blanks and sell them for $500!

That can't be a 2006/07 jersey, I don't think Quick even played for them until 2007/08, when they switched to the Edges. The jersey doesn't have the CMC patch on it either.

With regards to fakes on eBay, can't anyone report sellers with fake product to eBay before even purchasing and have the item taken down?

That can't be a 2006/07 jersey, I don't think Quick even played for them until 2007/08, when they switched to the Edges. The jersey doesn't have the CMC patch on it either.

Quick was still at U Mass in 06/07.

I have purchased from the Monarchs before. Advertised as game issued, but when my Martinez jersey arrived it was obviously game used.

They were nice enough to send out a new LOA for me.

Point being they aren't always accurate in their descriptions.

With regards to fakes on eBay, can't anyone report sellers with fake product to eBay before even purchasing and have the item taken down?

You can report any listing you see. However, eBay normally doesn't take actions unless you are the property rights holder that's being infringed upon - in this case that would be Reebok, the NHL, or possibly the team themsevles.

Has anybody bought anything from 20_west (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/20_west/) on eBay? Just checking the quality/legitamacy.

20 West isn't accurate with some of their kits (wrong colors, wrong fonts). I ordered some Rangers kits from them a few years back, in addition to the font/color issues, they got my order wrong and it was fuse to a twill nameplate when it shouldn't have been on a nameplate at all. They did give me a refund but only after I sent the kits back and they swore their kits were still accurate.

A couple people here said they got good stuff from them, but just looking at their auctions in the link you provided I spotted some lingering font issues. Personally I'd stay away.

Never order liberty ranger kits from them. They use that shinny glossy silver that la kings kits use as they proclaim that's accurate, which is laughable.

20 West isn't accurate with some of their kits (wrong colors, wrong fonts). I ordered some Rangers kits from them a few years back, in addition to the font/color issues, they got my order wrong and it was fuse to a twill nameplate when it shouldn't have been on a nameplate at all. They did give me a refund but only after I sent the kits back and they swore their kits were still accurate.

A couple people here said they got good stuff from them, but just looking at their auctions in the link you provided I spotted some lingering font issues. Personally I'd stay away.

Never order liberty ranger kits from them. They use that shinny glossy silver that la kings kits use as they proclaim that's accurate, which is laughable.

Cheers folks, duly noted. :thumbsup: I'll only use if I fancy a bargain on replicas only.

In the past 6 days I've missed out on two jerseys that had authentic 41st ASG patches...boo.

Guy had a '89-90 Lemieux customized (slightly inaccurately) by Century Sports on BIN for $99 last Sunday. I missed it by a few hours. Then yesterday I miss-bid and lost out on a blank authentic '90 ASG jersey. :(