eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

In the past 6 days I've missed out on two jerseys that had authentic 41st ASG patches...boo.

Guy had a '89-90 Lemieux customized (slightly inaccurately) by Century Sports on BIN for $99 last Sunday. I missed it by a few hours. Then yesterday I miss-bid and lost out on a blank authentic '90 ASG jersey. :(

I just got this one off ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280903564741?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that one before you bought it, but it really had me confused. That one looks screen-printed?

It was purshased from a seller who is know a member here and in the description it says its an authentic patch purshased with all the other items from cutting edge if its not I will return

That's a retail jersey from Gerry Cosby's in Manhattan. The Canucks never wore the Cosby's stamp on their hem. Actually, that looks like a Maska jersey that was branded as a CCM one with the addition of the larger CCM patch on the hem. The tag in the collar looks like a Maska Superfil one. The squared out areas on the arm almost looks like where any vinyl heat-pressing would have peeled off. Maybe that's what it is.

That seller has a really sharp looking Los Angeles Angels flannel jersey available too. I can't tell if it's a Mitchell and Ness jersey though since there's no tags in the collar. Interesting...

The Canucks jersey is an old stock 1983 Maska without the branding embroidered on the hem. They were used as the 84-85 CCM branded Flying V's as a one year style. The arm Panelling is fabric, not heat press, so it has been cut. The only saving grace is that the yellow and red stripes where the swatches were cut are actually sewn ontop of a completely black arm material, instead of being a panel. So you could strip the fabric and have black material underneath, find a fabric match, recut the complete "V" shape and resew them down.

Alot of work, but if the jersey stays cheap enough, maybe worth it...

It also needs a nameplate for the SMYL, which is actually incorrect font, so it's a complete strip job really.

Plus you would want to acetone the Cosby hem logo off. And the Team didn't use the loop style strap in 84 either.

At $70 it's already overpriced for the couple hundred bucks of work it needs.

I asked about the arm defects, and this was the reply I got -

Yes , material samples were taken by Mitchell & Ness to make their replica jerseys from this one. This is an original! We are listing this for a friend and didn't realize it was like that! Questions about that are posted on the listing to reflect this! Sorry!

Looked on eBay for the following but could only find a small. :unsure: Looking for two jerseys: New York Rangers Home and Road early '90s replicas with the sewn CCM and logo on the tail like so...

2nvulgn.jpg

Mainly after the colour jersey just now. Preferably size Medium, if not Large will do. If you happen to spot one or have either and are willing to sell, drop us a pm. Cheers.

Anyone else hate when improperly customized Gilmours go for

$177

and

$208?

Leafs jerseys pop up often enough and normally only go for around $100...buy something blank and have it done right for less than those are going for, for chrissake!

Oh god...I'm just a ranting old man, aren't I?

2320797310105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Leafs jerseys pop up often enough and normally only go for around $100...buy something blank and have it done right for less than those are going for, for chrissake!

Even worse when they buy a replica for next to nothing, slap a patch and a number / name kit on it and try to re-sell it with a $200 price tag. Even more so when they can't even get the brand right, e.g. a '94 Messier Rangers Stanley Cup finals home jersey that's a Starter.

$177

and

$208?

Welp, at least I didn't bother trying to bid on those ones...

$177

and

$208?

I've done that about 4 times so far but all of the ones I've sold were done properly. Like you said it's so easy to find blank ultrafils for less then $80, slap on a kit for another $25 and your good to go.

Me,

Is this asking price real ? 10 thousand dollars ?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I was offered $10,000 for it at a sports memorabilia convention two years ago. The guy couldn't find another one like it. I played hardball and I lost! haha

- mudcat24

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230809610546&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

the dude seriously thinks that jersey is worth 10k.. I think its just a framed replica... please educate him boys..

Me,

Is this asking price real ? 10 thousand dollars ?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I was offered $10,000 for it at a sports memorabilia convention two years ago. The guy couldn't find another one like it. I played hardball and I lost! haha

- mudcat24

Was this person making the offer recovering from serious head trauma or five? There should be an idiots of eBay hall of fame or league table.

Oofah. That one hurts. A 48 wouldn't have fit me but for that price? I'd have bit the bullet and gotten it.