custom NHL jersey from Hockey monkey are the numbers right?

hbombkid

So I wanted to get a custom authentic penguins road jersey with my name on it so I was looking around and saw hockey monkey had them on sale for 129 with an extra 20% They also had said they could make it custom. I saw it was the 7187 so I did some research and found out they stopped making that jersey a couple years ago which was fine guess they were having a close out and that is why the cost was so cheap. Well I had them customize it for me. $24 for the twill numbers and $48 for the last name with namebar. I got it two days ago and it looks great other than I noticed the numbers in the back look bigger than normal. Specifically the 7 is going past the shoulder into the gold a little (please see attached pic). I am not to concerned about it but I have never seen it look like that and paid a good amount of money. I have just always seen the numbers fit right into the white. Did they not put the numbers on correctly? Did they use the wrong set of numbers? Is it because the jersey was an older style from a few years ago? Should I complain and ask for it to be done right if it is wrong? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

post-5495-0-26401900-1358780855_thumb.jp

I'm not sure on Penguins stuff at all, I believe they use glaciar twill and semi-kiss cut (or it could have just been for the winter classic jersey not sure), either way post a close up of the numbers/letters. What size is the jersey? Keep in mind they don't scale down the size of letters/numbers with the jersey and typically in 1.0 jerseys the smallest players wore is a 56, so if it's say a 46 then that would explain a lot as well

I cant speak about the accuracy of the customization, but the size of the jersey plays a large role. The smaller the jersey, the the less space there will be for the numbers

And for what its worth, here is an Orpik gamer with the numbers overlapping onto the gold

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2008_09_Brooks_Orpik_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_Stanley_Cup_Season-3475-102.html

They did a Coyotes for me a few months back. I sent them detailed instructions up front, but when I received the jersey the back number were 10 inch numbers rather than the correct 12 inch numbers.

I sent them an email complaining, and the said that they would fix it at no charge. They paid shipping both ways and the fix was correct and I was satisfied.

Definitely complain.

Do you have better pictures? What size is the jersey? Those are two wide numbers in general, so if the jersey is on the smaller side, they have to do their best to make it fit, even if they go over the seams.

I agree about the jersey size issue. If the numbers are the correct size on a small jersey, not much that you can do.

Look through my photo album for my size 56 Malkin 2.0 jersey. The 7 doesn't go over because the 1 is the narrowest number. Against a 9, it will on a smaller jersey.

thanks for all the answers and makes sense on the size. It is a size 50. Thanks for showing the Brooks jersey and all your comments make sense I am thinking its just the size. I am still happy and for 175 shipped cant beat that deal.

PS this site is really awesome just stumbled on it through Google. Really like the threads and I am thinking I am going to look for an old school pens jersey from the 80's Like the winter classic jersey but wish they would use the ones from the 80s as the 3rd jersey.

• 1 year later...