Ottawa, ONT

sec

For any of you in the Ottawa area, about how long would it take to drive from SBP Arena to Nepean Sportsplex? Google maps tells me about 22 minutes but Mapquest puts it at 58. Also, how far between the arenas and downtown Ottawa? The map makes it look like a long way.

Any suggestions on where to stay in the area? I'll be in Ottawa for the world championships in April. All the early round Sweden games are at Nepean, but I have tickets for all the SBP games as well. Not sure where the best place to stay would be. The map makes it look like a long drive between the two arenas.

My friends and I went to a Sens game a number of years ago. We stayed downtown at some hotel that I can't recall. It's supposedly around 22 km away, which is about 13 1/2 miles. We took a bus from downtown to the game. From what I recall there's a really good bus service to get you back and forth for real cheap. I don't remember it being much more than 20-25 minutes to get there. I'd consider looking into the bus route and just staying somewhere affordable in the downtown area.

Edit: Just realized I didn't really answer your question. Looking at the map, the arenas don't look very far away. 22 minutes tops.

When I went we got lost taking a bus and ended up at Filthy McNasty's. Ended up taking a cab to SBP. Turns out it was right around the corner. Filthy's was cool as all heck though. I suggest getting the bus routes down and giving yourself some extra time if taking public transportation. SBP is a little ways away from DT. I did enjoy staying DT quite a bit though. Been there a few times.

Thanks guys.