What was your first jersey?

enzo269

Here's mine.. 1981-82 New York Rangers Ron Duguay.. Bought for me by my mom at Gerry Cosby's in the winter of 1982 for my birthday.. I wore it to school like 4 days in a row.. LOL!
Post your first or most memorable jersey.. I'd love to see them!

photoqen.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic. It is pretty cool that you actually still have it. My first jersey was a maska/ccm mesh Flyers Tim Kerr home jersey. But the one I usually wore while playing street hockey during the late 80's and early 90's was a ccm airknit Cam Neely home jersey. When I moved out of the parents house, I forgot to snag them out of the attic. Now they have moved on to jersey heaven. I would pay anything to get those back.

same story here bro, like I discussed in our little reminiscing thread... mine was a starter replica white messier rangers jersey. I wore that thing to school every day and to play roller hockey in after! if I still had that it would be more prized than my messier tbtc.

Got this Sharks CCM replica for my birthday the summer before that F(&^*** moron Dean Lombardi just gave Larionov to the Red Wings for Ray F(&^*** useless Shepperd. Still wear it whenever I'm in town to go to a Sharks game.

you, Dean Lombardi.

IMG_1189-vi.jpgIMG_1188-vi.jpg

Back when I was a kid (around 10 years old, mid 90's) my parents got me a replica Mighty Ducks jersey. Sadly I don't have that any more. For the next decade or so I flip flopped in and out of watching hockey (took it hard when we lost in the finals in 2003 watching it on a 13" TV in my basement). Started getting into jersey collecting a couple years ago when my gf bought me a factory customized Pronger Ducks jersey (only replica I'll keep), it's been a whirlwind of jerseys since.

My first was a NYR home CCM Robitaille bought at Cosby's right before the playoffs but it was a 48- I got it b/c they didn't think they would be getting in anymore in 44's or 46's and I didn't want to wait until the next season for fear of him being traded.....wore it to my classes that spring and the season after but then put it in the closet as it was a tad too big. Had it signed last year then framed. Interesting to really scrutinize the letter sizes on the back as his name is longer than say, Graves or Noonan.

I was probably 7 or 8 years old or so. Still remember. It was Easter morning and I did the whole basket thing etc and took the basket out to the kitchen to dump the Easter grass in the trash. As Im dumping it out a Maple Leafs jersey appears, the grandparents hid it under the grass. I was had! A blue ccm replica Leafs jersey. Definitely one of my favorite memories ever growing up.

My first jersey would have been in middle school for me when I was given my first Blackhawks jersey (92 I think?). My second & third would have been a LIghtning and Mighty Ducks jersey both from inaugural years because in middle school it was cool to rep the expansion teams. None of them were authentics, and all three were gifts for birthday/Christmas.

I still have my first jersey.

I was 14 years old in 1991 when I got real interested in hockey. I was born in MI but lived in MN and I always rooted for all teams in Detroit because that was where I was from (and all the teams my dad rooted for, probably more importantly). In the 1991 playoffs the North Stars somehow upset the Hawks who had won the Presidents Trophy and the Wings were up 3-1 against the Blues....so I was all excited that the Wings might be playing the North Stars in the Norris Finals. Well the Wings blew the 3-1 lead and the Stars ended up playing the Blues. I didn't beg my dad to take us to a game anymore, but after the Stars knocked off the Oilers I did beg my mom to get me a Stars jersey. That jersey probably wasn't very lucky because the Stars got destroyed by Mario and the Pens. It's just a replica dark jersey but I still have it, the vinyl logo on the front is all cracked now and I'd love to get an authentic to replace it some day.

Parents bought me a blue Potvin Leafs ultrafil replica when I was 11. Still sitting in my closet as we speak. Once my kids are old enough to fit into it they will be wearing it.

In 1985 my mom brought me to forum for a skate along got to meet Chris Chelios, Mats Naslund , Chris Nilan and many other my mom got me a replica habs home jersey, which in high school i decided to get it "customized" with a #66 and my last name on it in heat press glory lol.

I still have it maybe ill take some pics for you guys lol

maybe slim can fix it?

This was my first jersey. I bought it sometime between '82 and '85. It still hangs in the closet but hasn't fit in years. It's a CCM size L replica.

http://www.fotki.com'>Hosted on Fotki

I'm not positive what mine was... It's either my Flyers black replica customized with my name and number from my grandparents that I got for Christmas one year, or it was a Mighty Ducks (hey, I grew up on the movies, give me a break! haha)

My first jersey wasn't hockey, it was a mid to late 90s New York Knicks jersey. It was either Patrick Ewing or Larry Johnson. Might have gotten both at the same time. Still have the LJ, along with other jerseys from my childhood (Starks, Mason, Houston, Spreewell). I think I gave my sister the Ewing over 10 years ago.

I got my first jersey was when the Isles switched over to the new design for the 98-99 season. My uncle bought it for me and had the home white customized to my last name #16 (Palffy was my favorite player). I was 7 and still have the jersey. It was customized by Cosby's and is 3 layer heat pressed vinyl numbers.

I picked up my first jersey around 1967, to play in. Our neighborhood team all had Blackhawks home (red) jerseys, so I got one. I went to a local sporting goods store that made them up. Back then, you could go to a store, pick out an uncrested blank jersey, and choose whatever you wanted to be sewed onto it. They had boxes of the indian heads, the shoulder patches, and numbers on hand. So I got the whole package, except for the name, and left it for them to sew, for a total of about $20. I recall the patches being good, and the jersey OK, though I would be surprised if it were pro quality. All in all, we were pretty happy with our jerseys.

My first. I was about 5 years old. Can't say I acquired it to collect it, but it has always stayed in my collection.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG