EDGE and Starter Replicas

Cygnus X-1

2 things I've noticed and was looking for answers.

1. My wife has a bunch of EDGE Premiers- all letters and numbers look sewn on. I was under the impression the replicas had heat-pressed letters and numbers (our WC ones do)

2. Why do I see what look like double elbow stitching on Starter replicas (they have the S and star on the sleeve)?

Starter and pro player replicas came with double elbows. As for the premiers, most factory customized replicas are heat pressed with plastic like numbers/letters.

Like Edge authentics, Premiers come blank too, and there's nothing to stop you from getting it customized with stitched lettering. Some customizers (like Staples Center in LA) used heat-pressed lettering, but each character has a stitched border even before it's pressed on. But if you look from the inside of the jersey, there's obviously no stitching visible.

She got most of them at MSG so maybe they (Arena Wear?) sew everything on

The Rangers team store has always sold replicas with stitched twill customization. I'm only guessing they come in from Arena Wear, because the only jerseys I've ever seen with heat pressed customization for sale at the Garden are the ones they make up themselves.

I've seen premiers in stores with the vinyl pressed numbers around town (they really look sh####y). The Pepsi Center sells premiers with layered, stitched twill numbering. Not sure who does the customization, but I do know by the font and materials used that it is not Denver Athletic, unless they use factory customization font rather than their on-ice font (which I find highly unlikely). Starter used to factory-customize their replicas with stacked, stitched twill. I just assumed Reebok offered 3 levels of premiers: Blank, factory customized with vinyl #s and lettering, and factory customized with stitched twill. The numbered premiers at the stadium run about $200, which is a cryin' shame since you can get a new blank premier very cheap and very easily, send it in to get lettered, and put out the same or even less money with on-ice customization.

Figure i'll put this here instead of a new topic.

I have found out the 6100 is authentic, but was there a certain model name for a RBK Replica?

Specifically I am looking for a Red Wings RBK replica without the NHL shield on the collar. Is there a certain search term I could use to identify this?

And may as well ask, any hints outside of eBay on where to find one?

The replica during the 6100 era was the 550. Even when the authentic 6100 was tagged RBK, the replicas were still tagged CCM.

2000-2004
CCM 6100 authentic - CCM 550 replica (white jerseys)
Koho 6100 authentic - Koho 550 replica (color/3rd jerseys)

2005-2007
RBK 6100 authentic - CCM 550 replica (all styles)

There are some places that still may have CCM 550 replicas. They were still produced for a while after the 2007 switch to the Edge jerseys and marketed as CCM "Classic" jerseys.

HockeyJerseysDirect says they still have limited quantities of CCM 550s for $78 a pop. They're a legit retailer, a number of folks have bought from them.

That's correct. There weren't any Reebok-branded replicas until the Edge jersey came out in 2007/08, but of course that's a differently-shaped jersey with the NHL shield on the front collar.