Islanders Fans Appreciation Thread

guam64

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's supposed to get classier in Brooklyn?

HEY! Don't insult my borough. We're not Staten Island.

Rational hatred of Crosby will be so accepted and mainstream amongst rational hockey fans with dignity that by the time they move to Brooklyn the hipsters will want nothing to do with that.

whambulance.jpg

What do I need that for?

Rational hatred of Crosby will be so accepted and mainstream amongst rational hockey fans with dignity that by the time they move to Brooklyn the hipsters will want nothing to do with that.

hahahahahahahahaha

LOL the Islanders traded for Timmy Thomas! A guy who isn't even playing.

Phantom cap hit. Cap floor circumvention. Wang was going to get hit with a penalty if he didnt add salary

So they're paying $7.2 million collectively for a guy that's in Russia and a guy that's hiding in the woods. Stellar.

Thomas has a 35+ contract, so his salary counts towards the cap, but the Isles don't have to pay it while Thomas is suspended.

Visnovksy's suspension was just lifted because he apparently reported to the Isles.

Thomas has a 35+ contract, so his salary counts towards the cap, but the Isles don't have to pay it while Thomas is suspended.

Visnovksy's suspension was just lifted because he apparently reported to the Isles.

Yup

Yup. He passed his physical and started practicing with the team today. A couple of Isles fans think he is going to be traded before tomorrow's game though (which is why Snow needed to pick up the $5m phantom cap hit).

Red Wings desperately need defensemen and bunch a ton of forwards lying around. Wonder if they would give up Nyquist or Tatar for him, would hate to see either of them go but if they aren't going to get a chance this year then maybe it's for the best. I don't really know what the Isles really need though, if they don't need forwards and just want to get a younger D-man then I doubt that would work.

Red Wings desperately need defensemen and bunch a ton of forwards lying around. Wonder if they would give up Nyquist or Tatar for him, would hate to see either of them go but if they aren't going to get a chance this year then maybe it's for the best. I don't really know what the Isles really need though, if they don't need forwards and just want to get a younger D-man then I doubt that would work.

We need the following, in no particular order:

1) Forwards (specifically wingers and centers)

2) Defensemen

3) Goalie

4) Head Coach

5) Owner

6) GM

7) Head Trainer

8) Goalie coach

To be fair, the Isles really do not "need" forwards unless it is a top line RW or an above average RW. I'd love to trade Okposo ++ to Anaheim and try to get Perry (if the Isles can sign him to an extension). I'd be open to anything for Streit or Visnovsky. At this point, if the Isles can get a tangible asset, then I'd be happy

I expect the following players to be traded soon if they don't start winning (definitely at the deadline if they are not batling for a spot):

-Visnovsky

-Streit

-Okposo

We have water fountains! It's cheaper than buying Gatorade bottles

Do you really want to drink anything coming out of the sewers at Nassau? :lol: