Islanders Fans Appreciation Thread

guam64

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you. Moulson is fantastic!

If you removed everyone's nameplates and numbers, the only players anyone would suggest keeping would be Tavares, Bailey, Grabner, Okposo, and Frans.

If you removed everyone's nameplates and numbers, the only players anyone would suggest keeping would be Tavares, Bailey, Grabner, Okposo, and Frans.

Well at this point it doesn't matter who you get rid of because the Isles are in good shape to make the playoffs. Would be their first appearance since '06-'07, correct?

Well at this point it doesn't matter who you get rid of because the Isles are in good shape to make the playoffs. Would be their first appearance since '06-'07, correct?

Yup! If they come out of this week with 5 of 8 points, I'll buy playoff tickets from Stubhub.,.I refuse to get excited because I know I will be let down :(

Yup! If they come out of this week with 5 of 8 points, I'll buy playoff tickets from Stubhub.,.I refuse to get excited because I know I will be let down :(

I know you're a die-hard fan and will stick by them no matter what. I remember '06-'07, that was back when the Isles had Trent Hunter. If I recall correctly they were the #8 seed and drew Buffalo in the first round. I remember that because I was back in school then. The guy across the hall from me in the dorm was an Islanders fan, from Long Island. I remember I put a bunch of Penguins signs on my door and he had a "Let's Go Islanders!" on his.

@NHL Mike Green (@GreenLife52) scores GWG for @washcaps, his first game-winner since opener of 2011-12 season. bit.ly/12R4PM6

Trolololo

Meanwhile, Isles beat the B's in Beantown! Ottawa won and Winnipeg is up 6-2 on Florida too... Rangers AND Devils might miss the playoffs this year.

Pens and Isles in the first round! :thumbsup: At least I hope so.

Like every lower seed, I want the SE division winner! Or Montréal. No Boston. No Pittsburgh :)

Like every lower seed, I want the SE division winner! Or Montréal. No Boston. No Pittsburgh :)

I'd want Winnipeg from the SE, but not the Caps. They're playing their best hockey of the year.

What, you don't trust Nabokov in the playoffs? :doh:

@NHL Mike Green (@GreenLife52) scores GWG for @washcaps, his first game-winner since opener of 2011-12 season. bit.ly/12R4PM6

Trolololo

oad_towelie_jpgtowlie20232x262-vi.jpg

HuMANgous big night tonight. A loss in regulation for either team can really send them in a downwards spiral. It is going to be loud in the Coliseum. Playoff atmosphere. Can't wait.

HuMANgous big night tonight. A loss in regulation for either team can really send them in a downwards spiral. It is going to be loud in the Coliseum. Playoff atmosphere. Can't wait.

Pretty good chance you can buy playoff tickets now. :thumbsup:

Pretty good chance you can buy playoff tickets now. :thumbsup:

Thanks! As soon as I can, I will. We can clinch Saturday against Winnipeg (if we beat Toronto and Winnipeg this week, or lose to Toronto, Winnipeg looses in regulation, and the Isles beat Winnipeg on Sat).

Thanks! As soon as I can, I will. We can clinch Saturday against Winnipeg (if we beat Toronto and Winnipeg this week, or lose to Toronto, Winnipeg looses in regulation, and the Isles beat Winnipeg on Sat).

I hope Winnipeg sneaks in as the #8 seed. Would be a GREAT first round matchup for the Penguins. This would be your first Isles playoff experience?

DevLOLs.

Send the Devils BACK TO HELL!!! :lol: They're headed in the right direction.

I hope Winnipeg sneaks in as the #8 seed. Would be a GREAT first round matchup for the Penguins. This would be your first Isles playoff experience?

Send the Devils BACK TO HELL!!! :lol: They're headed in the right direction.

I have been going to games regularly since the 1997-98 season (first game was in 96-97 season). I remember the Toronto (02), Ottawa (03), and Tampa Bay (04) series very well. I remember the Sabres series (07) extremely well. I actually rode the zamboni prior to Game 4 of the Isles-Leafs game! That was the game where Bates scored his penalty shot goal. I also think there was a double OT game against Ottawa that I attended (and the Isles obviously lost).

Yup! Well they are already in Hell (New Jersey). :thumbsup:

I have been going to games regularly since the 1997-98 season (first game was in 96-97 season). I remember the Toronto (02), Ottawa (03), and Tampa Bay (04) series very well. I remember the Sabres series (07) extremely well. I actually rode the zamboni prior to Game 4 of the Isles-Leafs game! That was the game where Bates scored his penalty shot goal. I also think there was a double OT game against Ottawa that I attended (and the Isles obviously lost).

Yup! Well they are already in Hell (New Jersey). :thumbsup:

I knew you have been a fan all your life. I just wasn't sure if you attended any previous playoff series. But that's awesome you got to ride the zamboni! :thumbsup: Do you have season tickets?