Buffalo Sabres Poll

Mach_9

Sabres Poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will this year's Buffalo Sabres tie (or break) the NHL's record for best star?

• Yes, they will tie the all-time record.
    • Yes, they will break the all-time record.
    • No, they will not tie the all-time record.

So what do you guys think? The NHL's longest winning streak from the start of the season was 10 games, set by the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Sabres look for their 8th straight in Boston tonight. As most of you know, I'm a Sabres fan, and I would love to see them do it, but I don't think they will. At best, I say they'll tie it.

Edit: I just noticed that I wrote "star" in the poll question. Obviously, I meant start.

Gonna be tough to tie with 3 straight road games to go from 8 to 10. Boston, Montreal, Islanders all on the road. Then Atlanta at home to break it. I think they will tie it but fall in the 11th game.

Gonna be tough to tie with 3 straight road games to go from 8 to 10. Boston, Montreal, Islanders all on the road. Then Atlanta at home to break it. I think they will tie it but fall in the 11th game.

I think Montreal is the biggest test actually. I think we can handle the Islanders and Thrashers if we can clear Montreal, but I have a feeling Montreal is going to be one hell of a game.

Up 4-2 so far tonight. Afinogenov took over the league lead in points tonight (Havlat plays also though). Finny should be happy about that.

Up 4-2 so far tonight. Afinogenov took over the league lead in points tonight (Havlat plays also though). Finny should be happy about that.

Makes me so glad that they agreed to terms with Finny before his arbitration hearing. Might have lost him had he gone to arbitration.

I remember one game I saw him in Atlanta's expansion season. Saw him score 2 goals that game for the Sabres.

Makes me so glad that they agreed to terms with Finny before his arbitration hearing. Might have lost him had he gone to arbitration.

I remember one game I saw him in Atlanta's expansion season. Saw him score 2 goals that game for the Sabres.

He's showing all the signs of a breakout season. He's never truly stepped it up to his potential (last year was nice with 52 assists, but he can have better overall production). It looks like he might really be coming into his own this year now. He's got the right intensity and all the tools to be a marquee player - here's hoping.

6-2 win tonight. Outscored our opponents 27-10 in the last four games. Two more to tie the record. :lol:

I've always been behind Finny, number 1 in my books has and always will be.

Number one in the NHL books right now too. He looks amazing this season. They put Afinogenov with Vanek and the two of them have just exploded. Vanek looks 200% better than last season and Afinogenov is the force on this team right now. With Derek Roy between them, they're the top line in the NHL so far this month. I hope they can keep it up.

Number one in the NHL books right now too. He looks amazing this season. They put Afinogenov with Vanek and the two of them have just exploded. Vanek looks 200% better than last season and Afinogenov is the force on this team right now. With Derek Roy between them, they're the top line in the NHL so far this month. I hope they can keep it up.

One game shy of the record now. The Islanders are the team with the chance to stop them... I'm tempted to laugh, but no team should be over looked. I almost got tickets to this game today - I was so tempted, but being a week night doesn't help any and we just decided we couldn't make it. I'll be seeing them the first Sunday in November though :lol:

If they beat the Isles the play Atlanta with a chance to break the record... I can barely wait to see what happens.