Taylor Hall's Hit On Clutterbuck

00xtremeninja

not a fan of his game , he has been compared to Messier but he couldn't tie Mooses skates in my opinion. He's become a perimiter guy and now seems to be doing a lot lame stuff like this hit. Kid has talent hopefully he can develop into a franchise player but as of right now i don't see it.

Deserved suspension. If the shoe were on the other foot and it were Clutterbuck hitting Hall, it would have been a longer suspension. I don't whine too much about that, losing a bottom six guy for five games is pretty similar to losing a top six guy for two.

I was never a huge Hall fan, thought there was a handful of better forwards in that same draft. That said, he is stronger and more athletic than just about all of them, I think he'll be a consistent 60-65 point player.

Deserved suspension. If the shoe were on the other foot and it were Clutterbuck hitting Hall, it would have been a longer suspension. I don't whine too much about that, losing a bottom six guy for five games is pretty similar to losing a top six guy for two.

I was never a huge Hall fan, thought there was a handful of better forwards in that same draft. That said, he is stronger and more athletic than just about all of them, I think he'll be a consistent 60-65 point player.

A #1 pick 60-65 points is hardly a franchise player. He has become a little bit of a cheap shot artist as well, i just don't like his game. I think the Oilers would be best suited to trade Hall because people are still high on him. RNH is a solid player needs to beef up a little but he will be fine.

Problem is neither one is a "franchise" player. All world talent yes. But neither has shown yet that they can be that type of player. RNH needs to really bulk up and stay away from the injury bug. That team needs a true leader and veteran and doesn't have it.

They need more bridge players, guys that teach the young guys and are dependable. Those guys win games for you. The only one they have is Ryan Smyth. That's a good start, but not enough.

Also, regarding Hall, RNH, Yakupov, whomever, let's not get too impatient lol. These guys came into the NHL as 18 year olds. How many guys come in as franchise players at that age? No one is saying they are Sid and Gino, just that they are huge talents. RNH and Yakupov both had questions about whether or not they'd play in their draft year, I think in a lot of organizations they would not have.

I agree the hit was definitely suspension worthy. IMO Hall could have avoided contact on Clutterbuck with his knee. Had he hit him with his body instead, I don't think the hit would have been an issue. Of course Hall is going to come out and say he had no intent or it was an accident...