Morons at hockey games

DropkickMurphy8

What is it with stupid people at hockey games lately? I was at the Ranger game tonight (this team is a clusterfuck btw), section 211, up where the old 423 was. Anyway, couple Ranger fans got into it with a couple Canadian dudes in 210, and then over in 215 there was a moron in a Devils jersey who got kicked out for starting s*** with the crowd. The "a/s/shole" chant wrapped around the entire building after a while. THEN comes the fun part. 13 seconds left in the game, some sasquatch-lookin dude 3 rows up starts yelling at the guy in the row in front of me to sit down.

They go back and forth talking s***, and out of nowhere the monster sized dude who started it comes down, walks up to the guy in the row in front of me, grabs him by the shirt with both hands, yells "sit the down a******" and starts POUNDING on the guys face. The two cute girls next to me that I was talking to all night just happened to be sitting directly behind this crap and freaked out when the guy who got hit came flying into their laps. I swear it literally took 20 people to pull the other dude off the guy, and security was nowhere to be found.

Can't even go to a hockey game anymore...

Sounds like the JETS FLYERS in Winnipeg that I went to last year.....The flyers fan next to me got booted for being a . He spilled some beer on the girl in front of him and she went nuts. Her boyfriend did nothing, which was the best part...what a loser. Some fans get a little carried away.....

Tonight was fun (if any of you heard us on NBC Sports). There were a couple of ranger fans that tried starting the "Let's Go Rangers" chant, so we did our usual "That guy has the *clap*" or our other one that is not appropriate to post here.

The crowd at the Garden was dead tonight, no life at all until we got our 2nd goal, and promptly gave it right back. I at least pretended to be a gentleman and pulled the two cuties out of the way when the punchee came flying over the back of his chair. It wasn't even funny, the guy looked like he had a concussion and about got knocked out for no reason at all.

We were alive until Boston started beating us. But it was fun. We sang a couple of songs, chants, etc. Not much you can do when you are trailing 3-1 in the second period.

It's unfortunate that these things happen. It's even more idiotic when it happens off the ice. There was a story a few years ago, that a woman who was wearing a Kärpät jersey while walking outside was beat up by some Jokerit fans. Just because they saw the rival team's jersey...

My 1st NHL experience at the old Chicago Stadium (late 80's / early 90's) I reacll there were fights in the stands just about every game.

It got to the point that if you saw a guy wearing a divisional opposing jersey and spouting off - you knew he was gonna get his lunch early.

Then there was the Chicago 10 year slump starting around 98' allowing opposing fans to walk around picking fights with local fans.

I'm 6 foot tall, about 2.5 bills and no slouch - I got called out by a bunch of Red Wings fans in the United Center.

I never acted on it because they were just yapping and I was with a girlfriend but to this day I still can see that dudes face and I want to drop him,

It really helped drive my haterd for that team.

I don't understand how wanting to see your team play a game in another city means you have to be on edge the whole game.

We all love the same sport right??

People are so stupid it amazes me. I mean, the jackass wearing the Devils jersey deserved whatever he got, which unfortunately was just being kicked out of the building. The Devils weren't even involved in the game, he had no business being there with that crap on. That's just an idiot looking for a fight. But the guy in the row in front of me didn't do anything, he was standing up with his buddies at the end of the game and the moron up top felt he needed to come down and start a fight.

Unbelievable.

I pretty much only go to games in Pittsburgh and Raleigh, where the fans are great without being a-holes...I'll probably add Columbus and DC to the list once this realignment thing goes through. I've long wanted to see a game in MSG or Newark, but there's no way I'm paying a hundred clams to deal with this garbage. I wouldn't go to Philly if you PAID me a hundred clams.

I liken it to any religion, the majority are fantastic people but there is always one jackwagon who had a few to many beers trying to ruin it for everyone.

Next time you are in the House of Messier (or whoever is the pope of your faith) do a couple hail Mary's and join forces to expel the Devil(s) fans!

Bah you're too quick CJ/other Matt ... after I posted the video I went back to add the PuckDaddy link but you already beat me to it

Watching the TSN broadcast of the Rangers game last night I could hear some nut screaming like crazy trying to coach the team for like 5 minutes straight. I'm sure anyone sitting around him wanted to drop kick him in the nuts. For it to make it picked up on the broadcast mics he must have been sitting fairly high up.

Since we are on the topic of "Morons at Hockey games" can we put up an electric fence on the fans side of the glass.

Nothing drives me nuts like seeing some idiot slapping the glass for 30 seconds, they always look like rabid monkeys trapped under glass.

Since we are on the topic of "Morons at Hockey games" can we put up an electric fence on the fans side of the glass.

Nothing drives me nuts like seeing some idiot slapping the glass for 30 seconds, they always look like rabid monkeys trapped under glass.

I agree. Plus, I can't stand idiots who sit their phones, drinks, etc. behind the glass. What makes it worse is if there's a hit, it falls down. They laugh like brain dead morons then they sit it back in the same place.

Dropkick is this video of what you were talking about? Saw this on PuckDaddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h83xM8NPap8

That was the first fight in the section to my left (I was in 211, so 210?) - Everybody turned to watch that, but the fight at the end of the game was brutal and happened right in front of me. I don't know if anybody got video of that, I wasn't the least bit interested in doing it myself although I probably should have. That video actually picks up before anybody in 211 realized what was going on, so we missed the faceplant.

Morons at hockey games is the worst part of going to Caps games at The Phone Booth. A whole bunch of them don't even show up before the first period ends, and when they do most of them look hungover. When the team is down most of them just give up and stop caring. Then there is always that one guy that gets out of his seat when he isn't supposed to and stand in the wrong place. Of course there is the occasional fight with someone wearing the opposing team's jersey. But by far the most annoying thing is that it's obvious that most of them are completely clueless about hockey. :angry:

And don't even get me started on the fans in the stands.

I was at the Rangers game last night and saw a group of three morons clearly looking for some trouble - one wearing a flyers jersey, another with a devils jersey, and the third wearing a Isles Potvin jersey. Never understood the appeal of going to a rival team's home game when it's not against your team.