Bringing Back The Hobbit

Cygnus X-1

Rangers may be bringing back Zuccarello when his season in Europe is over. Good news for all those who ran out and grabbed his sweater.

I liked him. Bring it on- can't hurt!

No knock on Zuccarello, but I doubt he'll make a difference. Not because he's not talented, or even because I think he's too small for the NHL, but because our system simply stifles any and all offensive creativity and teaches players, especially those who, like Zucc would most likely be, are on a short leash to play afraid of making a mistake, taking a risk or, heaven forbid, taking a penalty, for fear of landing on the bench for 20 minutes at a clip, in Torts' dog house. Zuccarello may slightly help our horrific PP, but he's not going to outright fix it, and I doubt he'll product a great amount playing 3rd line minutes in our dump, chase and grind gameplan.

All good points. I agree that they may be afraid of making mistakes with Torts' system. Maybe he's learning/willing to adapt somewhat as this whole season hasn't worked out as he had planned. Yes, players need to play your style but you've hit to allow for some wiggle room.

I am very happy about this but it sucks he might not play for Norway at the WHC as I will be in attendance. All the same, it is good for Norwegian hockey as his presence in the NHL raises the profile of hockey here.

Torts is getting on my nerves with his almost obsessive benching of players. You don't bench your top scorers and your top line center because they took a penalty or turned the puck over. He's as much of a part of this losing streak as the players themselves. They can't make up for a turnover or a penalty if they're on the bench for the entire game, and they certainly can't help you get to overtime to at least pick up a point.

What losing streak? :D

And yes I'm aware one game doesn't fix all the problems the team has had this season, but dangit if it wasn't fun to watch.

Zuccarello's team was eliminated from the KHL playoffs yesterday. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants (NJ Record) said that his agent is already discussing with Glen Sather about returning to the Rangers.

I don't think it's the magic catalyst we need, but I don't think he can hurt things. Plus just having an extra forward to lessen the chances of Stu Bickel ever touching the ice again, is a plus.

just having an extra forward to lessen the chances of Stu Bickel ever touching the ice again, is a plus.

Yes!!!