Good dek hockey stick to buy

Hey all,

Thinking about joining an over 30 :( dek/ball hockey league and I need a decent stick. Any recommendations?

Not really looking to spend a fortune. I will most likely play D like I did when I was younger. I dont know if my height is a factor but I am close to 6'3".

I will probably also need a good oxygen mask...lol.

Thanks guys,

Rob

I'm far from an expert, play ball hockey twice a week at a local church (fairly competetive, slapshots allowed just no checking). I used to use full composite sticks but the blades would get chewed up so quicky with the hard surface. Recently switched to a 2 piece (composite Reebok 6k shaft & easton Hall curve ABS blade) and found it was almost the same feel as the full compsite just a bit heavier

Thanks Rage. I have a Hockey Giant store fairly close by. Is there anything I can buy off the rack?

Thanks Rage. I have a Hockey Giant store fairly close by. Is there anything I can buy off the rack?

Rob i assume your talking about the Cherry Hill one? Thats literally 3 minutes from me, helluva selection. They literally have every stick currently on the market in just about every curve. I've played my entire life, if im playing outside for fun i use a Warrior shaft with an ABS blade. Your best bet, especially for Hockey Giant, is to go with what's cheapest. Im not sure if they carry street hockey ABS sticks but if so they should be $15-19 for the entire stick. It will be un-cut and should be suitable for your height. If not buy a shaft and a $20 ABS blade and your set up. Also, try Play It Again Sports on RT 73 in Marlton, they carry a lot of used sticks and you can find some great twigs in there for cheap. A lot of 1 piece pro stock sticks too.

Where I live (in Canada) there is no hockey giant so I can't say what they carry for stock. ABS blades will run ya $20 per and the composite shaft about $60. They don't have much variety here so that was really my only 2 piece options, heck they didn't even have any one piece abs options, just wood or composite.