Stompin' Tom Conners

pastadutchie

This is a little late but recently a man I admire passed away at the age of 77. Stompin' Tom Conners, most famous for his "Hockey Song", was an icon in Canada. His passing leaves a hole in Canadian patriotism and nationalism.

I saw him live once in my hometown Hamilton, and he did not disappoint. This man had no easy life and has hitchhiked across the Canada a few times, and I have also been lucky enough to travel extensively across Canada and can relate to his stories. He is not only a Canadian patriot he is a poet and icon that will be missed from coast to coast to coast. He was a man of true conviction and of strong morals that has made me appreciate our land and culture.

So many of his lyrics mean so much to me. Some of his songs are timeless. What does everyone else think about Stompin' Tom Conners? What are your favourite songs/lyrics?

stompintomconnors.jpg?w=298&h=299

Truly f*ckin awesome. Will be missed.

RIP Stompin' Tom. :unsure:

If you haven't heard this song then you haven't been to a hockey game in the last 5 years.