eBay Sellers To Avoid

flyhighguys94

My mail lady is GREAT. She rang the door bell and it was in between my doors. I got it. Walked it up to my room. Never thinking to put the tape under a microscope and just slit the tape with a knife and opened it. Stuffed with bags and empty.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) When I saw that listing I figured you were going to be all over that one

B) Tough to say on the Paypal dispute. Dealings with paypal are not very friendly. They are very balck and white......they will see that it was delivered via the tracking # and may decide in the seller's favour

By all means, go ahead an file a dispute ASAP. I would suggest though getting on the phone with PayPal as opposed to settling this online.

You may make more traction that way for sure.

Hope this works out well for you as you are a nice guy and I am sure you paid quite the pretty penny for that jersey.

a) When I saw that listing I figured you were going to be all over that one

B) Tough to say on the Paypal dispute. Dealings with paypal are not very friendly. They are very balck and white......they will see that it was delivered via the tracking # and may decide in the seller's favour

By all means, go ahead an file a dispute ASAP. I would suggest though getting on the phone with PayPal as opposed to settling this online.

Hope this works out well for you as you are a nice guy and I am sure you paid quite the pretty penny for that jersey.

I immediately opened a PayPal dispute but I will take your advice and call them in the morning to let them know everything etc-thanks for that advice.

PayPal ALWAYS says the buyer is covered and if you look at the dispute form you fill out-one of the selections is "box is empty/missing items"...So, with me filing immediately...

Everyone on the forum always says when they see a Hawks Gunzo's they think of me and that I snagged it ;-) I wonder why...;-)

Thank you for the advice and compliments!!

Well I hope I am synonymous with Lindros jerseys around here as you are with Hawks jerseys

read: Please don't bid on the two up in the latest gamewornauctions.net auction

Back on topic.....if you paid as a gift you I do not think you have much recourse.

Message the guy and we go back and forth with me explaining to him what he has and what the jersey is. We agree on a price-AWESOME!!!

I get an email with tracking # and hear nothing else.

I contact the seller and he says "Oh well, I did my part and shipped it-talk to your mailman and ends it. Nothing else sense.

I opened a dispute with PayPal.

How did you contact him initially, through ebay? Did you ask to buy it outside of ebay via ebay messages? How did you communicate with him afterwards? How did you make your paypal payment?

His ebay (954 feeback, 100%) is still active/selling.

Good suggestion. Be as proactive and agressive with paypal as possible. But make sure you know what you're getting into first, ei the questions above. If you tell them it was an ebay listing that you convinced the seller to sell outside of ebay, and/or you made your payment as a gift, you may be screwed.

Paypal payment was sent as "paying for goods"...I sent him a message via Ebay only asking him to contact me to discuss the jersey-no mention of selling/buying outside of ebay-just questions about the jersey year etc...

I IMMEDIATELY contacted PayPal to open a dispute...

To HockeyMusic-which jerseys are you asking not to bid on GameWorn??

I always inspect anything with tape before I open it. I'd report it to your post office also, and the postmaster general, and maybe even his local police. Looking at the price he had it listed for, I'm guessing you paid $300 minimum. If he's got the jersey anywhere in any property he owns, not only is it grand larceny but it's also fraud across state lines. I'd just pursue all avenues until you know for sure what happened. Cover yourself entirely, if there's a police report and a pending investigation Paypal may be inclined to side with you since a police report wouldn't be filed for no reason.

I have been dealing with d_g.o.a.t on a jersey and he has been pretty great with communication. I just bought a jersey from him though. He sent it to my customizer so I don't know if it got there yet. I can also say he told me he is going away for the weekend so communicating with him this weekend is not possible. I do not have any indication he is trying to scam so hopefully you can work something out and figure out the problem.

Well I hope I am synonymous with Lindros jerseys around here as you are with Hawks jerseys

read: Please don't bid on the two up in the latest gamewornauctions.net auction

To HockeyMusic-which jerseys are you asking not to bid on GameWorn??

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1995_96_Eric_Lindros_Philadelphia_Flyers_Game_Worn_Jersey-6660-0.html

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1990_91_Eric_Lindros_Oshawa_Generals_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-6488-0.html

The Generals is awesome! ...do you really need two?

The only seller I avoid is theforce1727. All jerseys smell like broccoli and bratwurst.

Plus once in a while he includes suggestive photos of himself with farm animals.

Thats cold

Has anyone ever bought a jersey and got an empty box?? If so, what was your outcome with PayPal...?? Will I get my money back??? Any input would be appreciated!! Thanks all

A little late to this convo, but I have experience exactly what you're talking about. Back in 2009 a seller had a "too good to be true" deal up on eBay, 3 blank 56-R Pens jerseys for $125 BIN. I jumped on it - got a USPS tracking number. When it said "delivered" but I hadn't received the package, I checked with my neighbors and one of them had gotten an envelope with my name on it, but an address that was incorrect:

33f9qc1.jpg

Apparently the seller purposely typo'd the address to delay me getting the package. He also did this to atleast 5 other people on eBay in a short period of time, including fellow forum member Cupcake Jesus.

Since my transaction was through an eBay auction, I filed a "item not as described" claim and got my money back rather quickly. Cupcake had unfortunately settled on it outside of eBay, but in time he was also able to get a refund (possibly due to the large number of complaints about the same issue).

Here are the original posts on this: mine, CC's followup, CC's resolution.

The big difference in your case Tazer is that the seller doesn't seem to be pulling this with other people. I'm fairly certain I've bought from him before with no problems. It very well may be an issue of theft by a postal employee etc.

Let me say this about the seller of the Hawks Gunzo's jersey. He was easy to deal with. Worked out a price with me. He was very down to earth and fine with me from start through now.

I am NOT accusing him of sending me an empty box. I checked out his feedback, read what others said and then I sent him a message to try and obtain the jersey.

All I did was email him immediately and state the facts-never once accusing him of wrong doing. He responded very defensive and seemed like he was telling Oh well, take it up with your mail carrier.

Do I believe it was done AFTER he shipped it? between sitting in a post office storage area and my home? YES!!! I am not out to smear the guy at all. I just want what I am due. A refund because as we all know the jersey is gone :-(

I think the plus here is that if it was stolen, its going to surface again. Something like this is so unique (a size 44 gunzos, come on!) that literally the next one found for sale has a 99.9% chance of being the stolen one. And youve got the army here to find it, wherever its sold.

Yes, that's true, but there's really nothing to suggest that the seller wouldn't respond in this case.

From my experience with paypal if you open a dispute and the accused doesn't respond you automatically get your money back

Well to update everyone on the case-after I opened up a dispute saying the box was empty etc...the seller escalated it to a claim...Now, why he can do that I don't understand!!! and I was NEVER asked by PayPal my complete side of the story and I got an email from PayPal stating the next time I hear from them it will be a decision...?!?!?!

I was kind of taken back by this as I did not get to explain everything...and this guys gives a complete statement saying he upheld his end by shipping it....Yeah, shipping an empty box!!!! So all I do is get to open the dispute and now he gets to give a statement AND escalate it!!!! That should be my choice...

Just at a loss....

Call PayPal. There's no way that should be allowed to happen like that, and that definitely makes the seller look like shady that he didn't even discuss it, he just escalated it.

Well to update everyone on the case-after I opened up a dispute saying the box was empty etc...the seller escalated it to a claim...Now, why he can do that I don't understand!!! and I was NEVER asked by PayPal my complete side of the story and I got an email from PayPal stating the next time I hear from them it will be a decision...?!?!?!

I was kind of taken back by this as I did not get to explain everything...and this guys gives a complete statement saying he upheld his end by shipping it....Yeah, shipping an empty box!!!! So all I do is get to open the dispute and now he gets to give a statement AND escalate it!!!! That should be my choice...

Just at a loss....

I would definitely call E-bay and Pay-Pal to discuss.

If you send messages via their site they may not understand it completely.

I've dealt with deadbeat sellers on E-bay and found a resolve much quicker after talking to a person.

Avoid "goon-gear". Total dbag, condescending, passive-aggressive sociopath who just thinks his $hit doesn't stink.

He buys low and sells way too high. He will always contact you via message and make you a lowball offer and then

berate you when you decline, telling you that he you don't know what you're talking about blah-blah-blah....

I had a bad deal with him about 5 years ago where he sent me a jersey that was not the one pictured. When I messaged him about it he,

got defensive and kept going on and on about how the pictures where his. Yes, I know the pictures are his, but they were not

of the same jersey. He had two of the same jersey and used the same pictures for both auctions - I got the crappy jersey.

Even after I sent him side by side comparisons of his pics and the jersey sent he was still defiant. I filed a claim and ebay actually sided with him which was total B.S., he sent me a message stating "mess with the bull you get the horns" no lie, he actually wrote that.

So I hung onto the jersey... biding my time. A year later I put up for auction a Lemieux jersey I knew he would bid on. He did and won the auction, so naturally I mailed him back his crappy jersey he had mailed me year earlier with a simple note attached... "mess with the bull you get the horns".

I refunded his money in full and when he tried to file a claim, ebay sided with me because he had gotten a full refund.

^ I remember you posting that story a few years ago. He seems like trouble.

"Mess with the bull..."

Lol.

I thought it was timely considering he messaged me today about one of my auctions, making me an offer. I didn't reply, so a few hours later he sends another one saying "Based upon your lack of a reply, I must assume you are not interested in my offer. However, a reply would have been polite. Good luck with your listings..." Hello, dbag its sunday and it's mothers day, I have other things to attend to first.

His overall tone is just so irritating and being a ###### with his little jabs.

I ignored it, didnt reply and blocked him.

sidenote: since my tangle with him years back, I had quit ebay and when i rejoined it was with a new username and have moved states. So he doesnt know it's me.