eBay Sellers To Avoid

flyhighguys94

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was on here for a short period, way back...don't think he's still active. He also abandoned ebay for a time and setup here instead -

http://www.webstore.com/37026,owner_id,other_items

I only recently noticed he came back to ebay.

He also has a blog -

http://goon-gear.blogspot.ca/

Our original encounter (5 yrs ago?) was back when he was ebay id 'sniped-it-from-ya', and I found a pro Canucks jersey for $50 buy-it-now from some random dude.

After I bought it goongear messaged me and said ebay made a mistake and had a 'server error', and that he'd actually clicked to buy it first, but when he was processing the transaction (making payment), I had clicked to buy it, and ebay "somehow" let it happen, and "cancelled" his purchase.

I told him he was full of it, at which point he asked me, since it "wasn't my fault", to sell him the jersey for $100, stating that I'd be able to profit off the deal. I said no since I actually wanted the jersey at the time I purchased it, and he lost his sheit.

The seller of the jersey then told me that goony was messaging him directly, telling him he'd pay over and above what I won the auction for. Thankfully the seller was pretty cool, though, and had been screwed on ebay before when he'd won things and later didnt' receive them 'cause the seller backed out (sold it someone else at a higher price), so he said he was going to be honest and proceed with our transaction as it was, which he did.

I late sent the seller some extra $$ as a thank you for honoring our transaction.

So I ended up getting the Canucks for a little over $50, and goongear and I went back and forth a few times, telling each other what we thought of each other. I just kept telling him that I guess I, wait for it, "sniped-it-from-ya", which, of course, pissed him off to no end.

Anyways, fast forward however many months, and he contacted me about something I was selling, and had totally forgot about our previous encounter. I reminded him of it, but we resolved to leave it in the past, and, ironically enough, we started chatting back and forth with one another about jerseys and collecting.

Ever since we've been cool, and I'm pretty sure he's actually hooked me up with one or two jerseys for a reasonable price (at least a few years ago now), so ya...I've seen both sides of him.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but that's my experience.

Wow... some of that is just so unbelievable... What a moron, trying to say that eBay had a server problem and the jersey should really be his. What a terrible person.

Let me say this about the seller of the Hawks Gunzo's jersey. He was easy to deal with. Worked out a price with me. He was very down to earth and fine with me from start through now.

I am NOT accusing him of sending me an empty box. I checked out his feedback, read what others said and then I sent him a message to try and obtain the jersey.

All I did was email him immediately and state the facts-never once accusing him of wrong doing. He responded very defensive and seemed like he was telling Oh well, take it up with your mail carrier.

Do I believe it was done AFTER he shipped it? between sitting in a post office storage area and my home? YES!!! I am not out to smear the guy at all. I just want what I am due. A refund because as we all know the jersey is gone :-(

I had this happen to me as a seller once and I had to file an insurance claim with the post office. It was a messy situation for me and I lost out as a seller because I was out that money until I got resolution which I did. Since then, whatever I ship I do not seal the boxes/envelopes until the post office employee verifies all the contents. They dread seeing me come in but it is what it is. If I have documentation that somebody working for the post office saw in the box and saw the box sealed then I would hope resolution would come much quicker on my end and there's also a set of eyes to protect me if a buyer claims there was nothing in the box.

Alright, who on the board works for the post office?

That would be a heck of a gig, free jerseys delivered to you.

He was on here for a short period, way back...don't think he's still active. He also abandoned ebay for a time and setup here instead -

http://www.webstore.com/37026,owner_id,other_items

Now...This is just my experience with Goon Gear...

While surfing the net looking for Hawks jerseys I came across web store...found the jerseys and came across his store...he had a ton of Hawks jerseys so I messaged him asking if he had others and if I bought in bulk would he come down in price...

He was extremely nice...gave me a great deal on a handful of blank, nwt, Hawks air knits...and they were on my door step in 48 hrs...I mean prices that no one could touch....true I bought in bulk...but still....

I told him what I was looking for and he came back to me 2 days later with a few Hawks ultrafils...with authentic '92 Cup patches...all proper customization etc etc and bnwt....GREAT prices....

I also bought 3 blank bnwt Hawks TBTC jerseys from him....

He emails often asking what I am looking for and comes to me often with jerseys before he puts them for sale-asking if I want them...

He has always been a pleasure to deal with...and believe me guys-if I had anything negative to say about any seller that would help someone here out and avoid a headache I would in a heartbeat....but, WITH ME, and my dealings with Goon Gear...5 STARS

Watch out for this seller "Jersey_Depot" or "mootown" or "high noon sports".

I bought a jersey a while back he claimed as authentic and it was a crappy customization like NHL.COM

He has changed his ID several times on eBay. I complained to eBay and they did nothing of course.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebay-name-mootown-high-noon-sports-llc/bozeman-montana-59715/ebay-name-mootown-high-noon-sports-llc-high-noon-sports-bozeman-montana-462065

Watch out for this seller "Jersey_Depot" or "mootown" or "high noon sports".

I bought a jersey a while back he claimed as authentic and it was a crappy customization like NHL.COM

He has changed his ID several times on eBay. I complained to eBay and they did nothing of course.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebay-name-mootown-high-noon-sports-llc/bozeman-montana-59715/ebay-name-mootown-high-noon-sports-llc-high-noon-sports-bozeman-montana-462065

Same thing happened to me with the same seller a few yrs back. Never got my item and they harassed me to leave good feedback... Which I also did not.... This seller is a crook.

I actually was able to return the item and get a refund which was surprising.

BUT when I tried to sell a jersey and he kept harassing me saying my stuff was not legit. And it was a basketball jersey of all things.

I received this in my inbox this morning:

"Dear Ebayer, I saw an item you sold to a buyer I'm having trouble with was re listed. have you recently had problems with a buyer? maybe one who's making up problems about a jersey and demanding a partial refund? I am and I refused. he opened a case against me. his names gagnu66. just wondering. I've spoken with 3 other past sellers who've had this same problem with this guy

- remix8282012"

It has a few grammatical errors, but that's exactly what was said.

First of all, I only sold the guy a brand new replica jersey for not all that much, and didn't have a problem, but I suppose maybe someone else here may have.

Secondly, all of the jerseys that the ebayer who's messaging me has ever sold were all knockoffs.

I have another story about the biggest douchebag I've ever dealt with that I'll post in another day or so.

Just an update on my issue...As you may know I bought an old Gunzo's jersey and the box showed up empty...

Seller stated he did his job take it up with PayPal etc...After dealing with the seller and seeing his ebay feedback I felt that it more then likely was stolen after he shipped it...

So to try and be a decent person so that both of us did not take the full loss-I emailed him and offered to split it...askeds for a 50% refund....he went stone cold on me....

I have just been informed by PayPal that I will receive a FULL refund ;-) Almost right after that email the seller emailed me telling me Thanks that he now took the full loss...

I offered 50% and he rolled the dice...

Good for you man. Thats what you deserve. It sucks that happened for everyone but you never know, still a 50% chance he did it.

Good job on being persistent, good to hear PayPal helped you out. It sucks when a seller wont take responsibility. I don't buy into the jersey being lost/stolen during shipment. Sounds like the seller tried to pull a fast one off eBay and now they have no money. Guarantee that jersey will resurface for sale so I am glad you got your money back.

Good job on being persistent, good to hear PayPal helped you out. It sucks when a seller wont take responsibility. I don't buy into the jersey being lost/stolen during shipment. Sounds like the seller tried to pull a fast one off eBay and now they have no money. Guarantee that jersey will resurface for sale so I am glad you got your money back.

I was thinking the same thing. Keep an eye on what he puts up for sale again.

Yea, with his attitude, it definitely makes him look shady in this situation. Before, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but the reluctance to take 50%, and then bitching about taking the full loss after the fact? That makes it seem like he was trying to steal in my opinion.

Good for you though tazer.

• 3 weeks later...

i feel like i should have known about this thread sooner. i have encountered so many d1ck bags on ebay, it's not even funny. it's like the cantina of internet buying: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

one buyer (a.j.vezina, i think the name is) in particular purchased 2 jerseys from me a few months ago and when he received them said that he didnt like the shade of orange. ok, fine. i have a return policy.

however, he insisted that i refund his original shipping cost, which i refused. he then opened an 'item not as described' case against me and ebay made me give him a full refund back. nevermind the, erm, multiple pictures of the jersey.

another time a priest (i kid you not) left me neutral feedback because he didnt like the trim color on a baseball jacket. again, another listing with multiple pics. (i will have to look his name up).

i have had people try to renegotiate prices after purchasing; ship to unconfirmed addresses and then throw hissy fits when i have refused; claim that deaths in the family in the five minutes (literally) between them making an offer and me accepting; another guy tried to shake me down for money after he bought a blank isles black 3rd and said that he thought that it was customized (um a pic of the front alone would confirm that, but there was also a pic of the back)

I am almost 100% positive A.J. Vezina purchased a jersey from me before and didn't pay -- if people buy something from me and I need to open a case, I block them (Very rarely do they pay).

I hate people like this. I had some toolbag buy a jersey from me, I don't remember what it was, but I had posted at least 6 pictures and my description very clearly said to message me BEFORE buying with any questions. This ditz was new to eBay, 0 feedback, didn't bother messaging me and just bought the jersey. Literally 5 minutes after buying, she messages me and THEN starts asking all kinds of questions and proceeds to tell me how she no longer wants the jersey because she "thinks it's fake".

I had to open a case and she eventually paid a week after actually buying the thing, but on top of that I had to wait 3 weeks for my money because she never left feedback and Paypal only releases funds once the buyer leaves feedback or after 21 days. I don't remember the username or the name of the buyer, but I promptly left negative feedback.

I am almost 100% positive A.J. Vezina purchased a jersey from me before and didn't pay -- if people buy something from me and I need to open a case, I block them (Very rarely do they pay).

I block anyone i have an issue with or that proceeds to harass me. Its just easier and there are so many potential buyers on eBay so its all good.