eBay Sellers To Avoid

flyhighguys94

I see that Locker room sports is located in Lincoln Park, MI. There used to be a small chain of stores here in the Detroit area called Locker Room Sports that was always way over priced and had bad numbering and lettering, the jerseys were the real thing though. The actual stores aren't around anymore but I would bet it's the same guy.

New collector here,

This blows... I was just watching a couple of his Sakic's from 95-96. He has a home 95/96 with tags on it for $450,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360460549556?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and another with no tags that is actually a 97-99 stater authentic hes trying to pass off as a 95/96 because it has a 95-96 Stanley cup badge on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360460547772?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If his number and lettering kits are bad, it really blows because he actually has a couple legit 95-96 Authentics.What a waste... As he has another away legit 95/96,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360459786569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just guessing, but is the price on these is a bit much? I'm not that good with fonts, but I've learned how to spot material and construction/badges for these types pretty well. (Thanks to SuperTheGreat)

I'm basically looking for any blank (or done if it's reasonable) Avalanche 95-96 Starter Authentic jersey I can find in either 48 or 52.

I just bought a away 95-96 from HockeyMusic (Great transaction so far, thanks bud), and SuperTheGreat is teaching me how to build 95/96s correctly. So that I can put together Forsberg, Sakic, Roy, and Foote from that year (Home and away). Basically all the retired jerseys besides Bourque (I'll do him in the 2001 set when I start that down the road.).

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if ice_hockey_patches is legit. They look real and going by the feedback they look good but with a couple of items not being received.

http://myworld.ebay.com/ice_hockey_patches?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

One thing you should be really careful about with them, is that they sell reproductions, but they have the annoying habit of showing in their listing a picture of an authentic patch which looks different from the one you actually get. Fortunately some of their repros look pretty good, especially their NHL 75th Anniversary patch. But they are still repros, and I still think it's misleading for them not to show photos of the actual patch they are selling.

Thanks for the tip. I have my eyes on the Avalanche 2001 All-Star game patch, 2001 Cup Finals patch, and the Peter Forsberg Retirement patch.

I've been looking for a Forsberg Retirement patch too, but that reproduction is pretty off. Here is a link to the actual patch from a post by the Avs Hockey Podcast.

http://www.avshockeypodcast.com/2012/05/ryan-obyrne-peter-forsberg-retirement-night-game-worn-jersey-upon-further-review/ryan-obyrne-forsberg-night-gamer-patch/

Thanks for the tip. I have my eyes on the Avalanche 2001 All-Star game patch, 2001 Cup Finals patch, and the Peter Forsberg Retirement patch.

For the 2001 Cup Finals patch, SportsK is the place to go. For the 2001 ASG patch, an eBay seller named xahlgoalie might still have some originals. As for the 21, my best guess is National Emblem, but I don't know if they sell it at retail.

Thanks for the tips everybody. To me the Forsberg looks right to me but I'm not as trained in the patch field as everyone else is. I'm also in the hunt for a Sakic retirement patch but this seller didn't have one there.

• 1 year later...

Heads up everyone!

AVOID jfciii1963.

The guy had a Mark Howe GI listed with terrible pictures:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philadelphia-Flyers-Mark-Howe-1992-All-Star-Road-Orange-Game-Issue-Jersey-CCM-/111684269544?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

It didn't sell, but he and I were discussing it and I was asking for more pictures. He said he had lots of rare Flyers stuff, including Spectrum patches, which I asked for pictures of, and we negotiated a price for 4 of them (obviously, if you know Spectrum patches, this is already sounding too good to be true). We had a price set, and he was supposed to send me pictures of the four patches together. Instead, he sent me a bunch of pictures that he found on Google, including one of my own (from when Philly Express put my patch on horribly wrong, so it was absolutely my picture). Then when I told him I didn't want pictures from Google, but actual photos, and that the one he sent me was actually mine, he threw a fit and said:

"dude enough I am not jumping through hoops for you. you pulled this on me before please just go away."

I had never backed out of a deal with this seller (never even had another deal prior to this). And apparently "taking photos of the items you're trying to sell" is "jumping through hoops."

Wow guys. Please don't anyone get taken by this guy!

Hahaha he did flip out on me. He told me he wanted $700 for an authentic HSI Flyers. It literally went unsold for $99 but I missed the auction. I messaged him about it and asked if we could agree on a price. He told me if I wanted to spend big time Chex he had an Eagle branded Flyers. I wanted the HSI. He sent two of the most poorly typed messages I have ever seen. I responded back but never heard back from him, after a few days I sent another message asking if he read my first one and he told me if I didn't leave him alone he would report me....which I don't even think is possible? Like the mature adult I am, I then went in and reported everyone of his listings as being fraudulent. He's an idiot and I would never deal with him.

Good heads up DSL, forgot all about this thread. It's so useful because there are far too many idiots on eBay.

The Lindbergh HSI pictures were a Google search too. The pics were from a MGG certified Lindbergh HSI. He should be banned

Bought this item

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-JERSEY-SIZE-SMALL-WHITE-AWAY-gretzsky-lundqvist-nash-/391154694003

from jrsk828 and he said before it was sold it was a Men's small (see questions and answers at the bottom). I measure it when I got it and it is 19" pit to pit and 22" front hem to bottom -- matches with a Kid's small/medium. Seller accused me of not knowing what a Men's small looks like and refused to refund my money (said he doesn't offer refunds - and closed my eBay refund case) - then complained when I gave him Negative feedback saying I should do my research on hockey jerseys before bidding... The guy said it was a Men's small, I took his word for it -- I guess he doesn't want to take responsibility for his own listing.
Avoid this seller like the plague!

Bought this item

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-JERSEY-SIZE-SMALL-WHITE-AWAY-gretzsky-lundqvist-nash-/391154694003

from jrsk828 and he said before it was sold it was a Men's small (see questions and answers at the bottom). I measure it when I got it and it is 19" pit to pit and 22" front hem to bottom -- matches with a Kid's small/medium. Seller accused me of not knowing what a Men's small looks like and refused to refund my money (said he doesn't offer refunds - and closed my eBay refund case) - then complained when I gave him Negative feedback saying I should do my research on hockey jerseys before bidding... The guy said it was a Men's small, I took his word for it -- I guess he doesn't want to take responsibility for his own listing.
Avoid this seller like the plague!

If I can read the tag (its very blurry in the listing, it does say S/M which means its a youth size. That picture being as bad as it is, I could see how that was missed, especially where he outright said it was a Men's.

Ironic that the seller should say that you should do your research on hockey jerseys, when he's the one that doesn't know anything about jersey sizing. And why bother to post the question about measurements if he's not going to answer it in the listing? If he had, you would have known right away it wasn't a mens' small.

Yeah the seller is stupid for saying it's an adult size but that tag (as blurry as the picture is) clearly indicates a youth size, was that picture not there when you bid?

Yeah the seller is stupid for saying it's an adult size but that tag (as blurry as the picture is) clearly indicates a youth size, was that picture not there when you bid?

I definitely agree. The seller is at fault for saying it was a men's size small, but the tag (even though its blurry) clearly says "S/M" which ALWAYS means youth.

Yup. But I could see how that could be missed in light of the seller saying it was a Men's.

In any event, should be pretty easy for the purchaser to make an eBay claim and get his money back.

Why not check with us here before you purchase, you're clearly struggling here liquidice. This is like the third post that I've seen where you have bought something before asking for opinions here and each time it's not worked out. We're all pretty good about helping and until you learn the ropes you probably it's probably in your best interest.

Why not check with us here before you purchase, you're clearly struggling here liquidice. This is like the third post that I've seen where you have bought something before asking for opinions here and each time it's not worked out. We're all pretty good about helping and until you learn the ropes you probably it's probably in your best interest.

Yeah pretty obvious that most of these issues could be taken care of in advance if you just ask. there's some pretty knowledgable people here.

And I'm here too, I coulda read the tag for you. :)

Yup. But I could see how that could be missed in light of the seller saying it was a Men's.

In any event, should be pretty easy for the purchaser to make an eBay claim and get his money back.

Yeah I didn't realize it when I looked at the picture. I kind of assumed based on the seller's Q&A that it was a Men's small. eBay did refund my money thankfully.

Will definitely start asking some questions on here before I buy things / bid -- in this case, I figured $20 wasn't too big of a deal to spend on a jersey. My concern previously was always whether it was a fake jersey or not - which I've gotten pretty good at spotting - but as I'm starting to learn there is more to a jersey than simply real or fake, there are degrees of just how good the customization in terms of authenticity is.

In the other case, I guess I wrongly assumed that a retail place selling a jersey would be more reputable -- but again in terms of how good the customization is - didn't realize it. Not sure there was a third one? But, definitely lessons learned here -- Thanks for everyone's offer to help me avoid making more dumb mistakes too :)

I have had a lot of good buys too though - maybe its just me, but I really like the Edge 1.0 jerseys and I have gotten a few Edge 1.0's that I'm super happy with!

• 2 years later...
On 3/16/2013 at 1:18 PM, NYIJM29 said:

I really don't want to post the guys name here because he did pay when he actually "won" the jersey, but there was a just flat-out annoying guy who wouldn't leave me, Phil, and Matt alone (Phil had a story similar to my second jersey and if Matt wants to chime in, he can). He bought my Quick 2.0 from me (It took him like 20 ebay messages asking questions about it's legitimacy, if I'd take a lower price, instructions on how to fold the jersey etc). That was fine. He paid fast and was good. Then he wanted my NYR 2.0 GC and he was an absolute about. He'd message me about 2x a month telling me to lookout for GCs, so before I listed it, I figured I would ask him if he wanted it (so I could save ebay fees). He said yes, then did the same 20 questions (about customizing it) about it then offered me $150 extra to get it lettered for him. We agreed on a price, then he told me a) he didnt want to do the deal off ebay B) I needed to send 2 ebay invoices c) I had to take $10 less because he didn't have the full price in PP. So the thing I don't understand is how the hell was he going to pay me the extra $150 to customize it if he couldn't afford the extra $10? This went on from a Thursday to Sunday. I listed the jersey on Friday because I didn't think it was going to go anywhere with him--you just got that feeling. I told him to submit the offer on ebay, and he didn't do it. He kept saying the same price over and over again and I told him I can't send him invoices until he wins the auction. Then someone else came along on a Saturday, offered a higher amount and I accepted it. Funny thing was I was at an Isles game, and this guy kept harassing me and said some stupid things in an ebay message. Like he would send 2 messages at a time. I didn't even read all of the messages because I missed some. I emailed them to Phil/Matt and they laughed too. This guy said I didn't know how to use ebay, he was going to tell his friends not to buy from me (like I'm supposed to care), gently called me an idiot, asked where I get these jerseys, what I paid for them, etc. but at least he didn't use any vulgarities though. Then he said "no hard feelings" and "hopes we can complete the transaction" (Friday/Sat morning before it sold). At that point I was livid. I wrote out a great response, but didn't send it. Then like a week later he asked if I had any more jerseys. WTF? I think he was trolling though (obviously ignored his message)

On 3/16/2013 at 2:54 PM, CJ Matthews said:

No punches pulled. Its silversurfer1377.

I can't tell you how entertaining it was to Google this idiot's username and have this come up. FYI, he's still pulling the same nonsense.

He's been hounding me for a long time on some Sabres' TI blanks I have had up on eBay for a while. Same deal too... wants a lower price, we negotiate, says he wants customization, I tell him I can get them done locally, he offers $100 each for customization, fine... Then disappears, no messages, no purchases. Only to show up a few months later, messaging me as if it's brand new and we've never spoken before, and trying to negotiate a new lower price.

This happened once, twice, now tonight was the THIRD time. I told him I'm not negotiating with him anymore and he tried to tell me that they're not worth anything and he can get TWO Lehner gamers for $385 each (I mean he sucks, but yea right). I told him I'll gladly sell the jerseys for less than he ever offered me to never deal with him again. Blocked him.

Hey guys,

Any feedback on if this seller on Amazon is legit? The pictures show an Authentic jersey, but they have some + and - feedback. Anyone bought from them before?

Men's Las Vegas Golden Knights adidas Gray Home Authentic Blank Hockey Jersey (56 - XX-Large) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0756HPPCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_N42DAb1KEGB7S