Trade Deadline 2013

Great article on NJ.com I found from a PuckDaddy link discussing the accuracy of some of the hockey trade rumor sites:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/04/rumor_rater_how_accurate_are_n.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think tomorrow night's game will be entertaining. Although I'd thoroughly enjoy it, I don't expect another 6-1 blowout.

I'm also looking forward to next Friday's Bruins/Pens matchup after the Jagr acquisition.

I hope you're right, Matt. The Penguins looked God-awful the past 2 nights. Among other issues, you can't score 1 goal and expect to win.

I like what the Blues did and I am surprised they were the ones who landed Bouwmeester. I have no clue why Detroit did not pursue him. I heard they wanted to keep their first and tried to massage it. It is a deep draft, but maybe not a real top heavy draft and they are not up that high anyway. I could see why they eased back on Suter and Parise, but here the price was right for a guy they needed desperately for this season and next.

Minnesota getting Pominville was solid, too, I guess they like their defense corps as is and made the big investment in Pominville. Market was thin for D anyway. They add him plus some wild card young guys, wow, this team got better this year and is going to be LETHAL next season.

The best trade of the day IMO was made quietly and with little fanfare. To me, Nashville HOSED the Caps. Nothing against Erat but he is what he is, a 32-year-old, 50 points in 70 games player. They packaged him with a third-line prospect for an elite prospect in Forsberg. Poile to McPhee "The money's on the dresser!"

I was surprised by some of the trades, I was actually sitting in math class when I hopped on Facebook on my phone and saw the Gaborik trade and yelled "HOLY s***!" - People in class asked what happened, but not one of them knows who the Rangers are, much less Gaborik. basketball fans. The Pominville trade surprised me, as did the Bouwmeester deal, especially going to the Blues.

It was an interesting day, I just wish the Rangers had gotten more out of a superstar. He sounded disappointed in an interview after the trade where he said the he felt like the Rangers didn't want him.

I like what the Blues did and I am surprised they were the ones who landed Bouwmeester. I have no clue why Detroit did not pursue him. I heard they wanted to keep their first and tried to massage it. It is a deep draft, but maybe not a real top heavy draft and they are not up that high anyway. I could see why they eased back on Suter and Parise, but here the price was right for a guy they needed desperately for this season and next.

Minnesota getting Pominville was solid, too, I guess they like their defense corps as is and made the big investment in Pominville. Market was thin for D anyway. They add him plus some wild card young guys, wow, this team got better this year and is going to be LETHAL next season.

The best trade of the day IMO was made quietly and with little fanfare. To me, Nashville HOSED the Caps. Nothing against Erat but he is what he is, a 32-year-old, 50 points in 70 games player. They packaged him with a third-line prospect for an elite prospect in Forsberg. Poile to McPhee "The money's on the dresser!"

Agree the Caps got ripped off. They traded a top prospect for a guy who will likely play on the 3rd line. Personally I don't believe Erat is a breakout player, but we'll see. I am just curious as to why McPhee would pull such a trade?

Shero traded his top prospect for a corpse that is playing on the 3rd line.

Filip Forsberg projects to be a 50-60 point player if he pans out. That's exactly what he got traded for. Cheap a$$ Leon$i$ loves his playoff revenue.

Shero traded his top prospect for a corpse that is playing on the 3rd line.

Filip Forsberg projects to be a 50-60 point player if he pans out. That's exactly what he got traded for. Cheap a$$ Leon$i$ loves his playoff revenue.

Joe Morrow won't touch 50-60 points per year in the NHL. :P