Trade Deadline 2013

Rangers just traded Marian Gaborik for Derick Brassard, Derek Dorsett and John Moore form Columbus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in school when the trade went down, so after seeing the return, let me see if I have this right. The Rangers trade a perennial superstar in a down year to Columbus for a guy with 2 fewer goals in Brassard, a guy on IR who's out for the rest of the season in Dorsett, and a defenseman who isn't particularly worth much when we have a solid core already?

Columbus fleeced us on the Nash deal AND again on the Gaborik deal. I don't like this move at all, we could have gotten two impact players from another team, or at least one impact player and a first round pick. Not more spare parts.

Steve Mason.

Flyers goalie problems are solved!!!

In all seriousness, hes better than Boucher and Leighton

No, he's not.

TWO assists, he's got points on all 3 goals. This team looks like a different animal without Gaborik, as surprising as that is.

Now it's Brassard with a PPG... wow. The Rangers look like the team who just went on a 15-game winning streak. Penguins are out-of-sync and look lifeless on the ice.

Now it's Brassard with a PPG... wow. The Rangers look like the team who just went on a 15-game winning streak. Penguins are out-of-sync and look lifeless on the ice.

I WISH the Rangers were on a 15 game winning streak. The Pens look like they're still in shock from losing the streak to the Islanders of all teams.

I WISH the Rangers were on a 15 game winning streak. The Pens look like they're still in shock from losing the streak to the Islanders of all teams.

Even worse, it was the Sabres. lol God, Clowe strikes again...Pens defense out of position.... again! Woo hoo. :noway:

Even worse, it was the Sabres. lol God, Clowe strikes again...Pens defense out of position.... again! Woo hoo. :noway:

I could have sworn the Daily News today said it was the Islanders.

The team that is currently ahead of you in the standings! (not for much longer though)

What do the Philadelphia Flyers and the Titanic have in common? They are both at the bottom of the Atlantic TROLOLOL

Lol you read the Daily News? Buffalo beat Pittsburgh, not us. C'mon dog. Use the Internet.

Penguins beat the Islanders on Saturday, 2-0. That was the game Crosby was hit in the mouth with the puck. They lost last night to Buffalo, 4-1.

Penguins beat the Islanders on Saturday, 2-0. That was the game Crosby was hit in the mouth with the puck. They lost last night to Buffalo, 4-1.

The Pens didn't win, the Isles handed them that game :thumbsup:

What do the Philadelphia Flyers and the Titanic have in common? They are both at the bottom of the Atlantic TROLOLOL

Haha I go to school at Pitt bro. How many times do you think I've heard that joke?

Haha I go to school at Pitt bro. How many times do you think I've heard that joke?

If you haven't heard it at least once a day, Im even more disappointed in the Pittsburgh Crosbys fanbase

Lol you read the Daily News? Buffalo beat Pittsburgh, not us. C'mon dog. Use the Internet.

Yes, I read the Daily News like a normal person who gets a newspaper every morning. On that note, SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! JOHN MOORE! ALL THE NEW GUYS HAVE GOALS LOL!

Yes, I read the Daily News like a normal person who gets a newspaper every morning. On that note, SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! JOHN MOORE! ALL THE NEW GUYS HAVE GOALS LOL!

Sather is a genius (at least for tonight).

The Rangers pick up Ryan Clown err, Ryane Clowe to improve their offense.

How many goals does he have? Zero point zero.

I accept full responsibility for the Rangers win last night (at least for Clowe's 2 goals) thanks to my amazing reverse psychology ploy. :D

Seriously though, I agree that I wish the Rangers would have gotten one of those first rounders out of Columbus for Gabby. As for Dropkick's earlier comment that the Rangers got fleeced in the Nash trade, I don't see that at all. If anything the Nash trade and Gabby trades are nearly identical.

Superstar scorer (Nash | Gaborik) traded for:

- Skilled but enigmatic secondary scorer (Anismov | Brassard)

- Blue collar grit type player (Dubinsky | Dorsett)

- Young unproven defenseman (Erixon | Moore)

Sure they aren't all carbon copies of each other (I'll concede that I'd rather have Dubinsky than Dorsett), and Nash has a bigger potential, hence the reason a the Rangers also included a first rounder, but they did get an extra minor leaguer (Delisle) and a third round pick coming back. I wish we still had that first round pick but I'm much happier with a 28 year-old Nash than a 31 year-old Gaborik.

The reason I said we got fleeced is because we gave up nearly all of our chemistry for a guy who was supposed to come in, be the superstar of the team and put us over the top. That hasn't happened and right now we're barely a playoff team. I feel like we'd be at the top of the conference again if we had the chemistry from last year, partly because after the Nash trade we had 3 superstars who could all score, and they would barely try to set each other up, but they weren't shooting either. Nash finally started taking shots.

Now we trade Gaborik for a guy with fewer goals, a guy who's out for the season and a totally unnecessary D-man, when we could have just as easily gotten a first round pick out of another team PLUS a very good player who could come in and make a difference on a nightly basis. Giving up a superstar for what amounts to spare parts is getting fleeced IMO, and until the Nash trade gets us the cup we were essentially promised when Sather and Torts tried to justify it, I won't like that either.

I'd say that losing Prust and Fedetanko had just as much impact on the team chemistry as losing Artie and Dubi.

As I said, in a perfect would I'd love to just have last year's team and just swap Nash for Gaborik, unfortunately things don't work out like that.

Good game last night (even though I didn't enjoy the outcome). I just want to point out that what the new acquisitions by the Rangers did is EXACTLY how new players can make an impact. From a general perspective it was great to see those guys step up for a team fighting to make the postseason. One could tell they were playing with a high level of energy and compete, and they knew the importance of the game.

I think tomorrow night's game will be entertaining. Although I'd thoroughly enjoy it, I don't expect another 6-1 blowout.

I'm also looking forward to next Friday's Bruins/Pens matchup after the Jagr acquisition.