What a Joke... 6 Outdoor Games Next Year

dsl135

They should play the cali game on synthetic ice...that might be cool. As much as I'm against multiple games I do think it makes tons of sense to try and utilize the ice they build, having a couple games at Yankee stadium does make sense from a financial side of things.

They might have to do that lol. If I were the NHL and its franchises, I would be funding heavily the development and installation of synthetic ice. That is a huge breakthrough for access to amateur players and the development of kids in a broader range of places. Think of the awesome athletes the NHL gets now where its talent pool is largely confined to cold, hockey cultured areas and, in large part, rural areas, too. Now imagine if they expanded their net immensely, wow, we could see some amazing players that wouldn't have otherwise even been introduced to the sport.

This is a joke. Way to water down that whole novelty. Teams should RARELY get a repeat outdoor game. It's just not fair to other fan bases, as juvenile as that may sound.

In my opinion there should be two outdoor games a year MAX. One Winter Classic and one Heritage Classic.