smelly Canada jersey

sec

Does anybody know if Canada washes their jerseys before they auction them off?

I won the auction for the Ouellette jersey and it arrived yesterday. It seriously smells. I hung it from the shower rod over night to try to air it out but it hasn't helped. In fact, it is smelling up the bathroom. It's a Swift jersey and most of the smell seems to be coming from the thin mesh under the arms.

The WWC was the 2-9th. The jersey auction said the jersey was worn on the 3rd against Switzerland but it could be worn again if Canada wore the red jerseys again. Ouellette didn't play in the game on the 3rd but did play in the gold metal game on the 9th when Canada wore the red jerseys again. Assuming it is the same set of red jerseys, I guess it's possible the jerseys were collected after the game and never washed. The WWC were in Ottawa, the jersey shipped from Calgary, and I got it yesterday.

I've heard of some of the old Russian jerseys smelling, but I've never heard of this being an issue with Canadian jerseys.

Where were they auctioning them off? Those black and gold ones were slick.

I just put my swift gamers in the wash with a light detergent and took them out right away and air dried them. If you let them sit on themselves they actually bleed colours

Definitely wash it. That's disgusting to have it fresh off the ice like that. You don't know what kind of germs are in there. You don't need to use a ton of detergent; just a small amount to get the funk out.

Where were they auctioning them off? Those black and gold ones were slick.

I just put my swift gamers in the wash with a light detergent and took them out right away and air dried them. If you let them sit on themselves they actually bleed colours

I don't know about the black and gold jerseys. They only wore them once, but since the whole point of them was to raise money for the Live Strong foundation, I assume they will be auctioned somewhere if they haven't been already. The red jerseys were auctioned on ebay. The auction actually started before the tournament ended. About midway through the week they started making announcements during the Canadian games that you could bid on the jerseys worn during the Switzerland game. I went back through all my pictures and the red jerseys were worn against Switzerland and in the gold metal game against the USA. I would assume the players kept the white ones.