2013 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

TMLFAN

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1: bye bye Phaneuf

Step 2: Make Lupul captain

That's where the smart moves by Nonis come in. Phaneuf is a joke. He cannot be our captain and #1 defensemen if we expect to go anywhere. How the hell do you let Chara push you from the front of your OWN net on the tying goal???????

That's where the smart moves by Nonis come in. Phaneuf is a joke. He cannot be our captain and #1 defensemen if we expect to go anywhere. How the hell do you let Chara push you from the front of your OWN net on the tying goal???????

CuthbertEyeRoll-vi.gif

#rudecomment

Simple - Chara is 7 foot something. He can push around whoever he wants.

Crush the Caps? Those idiots didn't even show up tonight and Rags needed the refs' help to win the other 3 games.

Complaining about the refs and officiating is "loser talk." All you hear when teams lose is how one-sided or poor the officiating was. Why not just say your team couldn't make enough plays to win? The Caps didn't come out as the aggressor in Game 7. The Rangers got a lead and kept adding on. And what does the captain - who is supposed to be the leader of the team - come out and say? Some nonsense how the "refs were paid to make calls against us". What a sore loser. How about stepping up and scoring goals, making plays, and helping your team win instead of crying like a baby?

Usually, I'd agree with you, but the refs screwed the Isles out of Game 3 in our series. No way that was a penalty on Strait in OT for Crosby diving. The officiating in the NHL is so inconsistent.

Giving the rangers powerplays actually hurts the rangers.

And Crosby still whines more than anyone else in the NHL despite the league shamelessly going out of its way to favor him and his team.

Patience...They'll win game 3.

If they don't they might as well just phone it in for game 4 because it's over if they go down 3-0.

I am loving this Wings/Hawks series. It's nice to finally be on the other side - playing well with no expectations against a better team on paper. Oh, and phantom interference calls going against the other team instead of Holmstrom.

I am loving this Wings/Hawks series. It's nice to finally be on the other side - playing well with no expectations against a better team on paper. Oh, and phantom interference calls going against the other team instead of Holmstrom.

Jimmy Howard has been awesome. IMO a key reason the Wings have a commanding 3-1 lead. I remember in Game 2 he was under fire in the first 5 minutes. Detroit was on its heels and trailed 1-0. It seems since that point, the Red Wings have turned the tables on the Blackhawks, and seized all the momentum. They are forcing Chicago to play their game, and it looks like that is working to their favor.

Look for a video of Rask flipping out after a AHL shoot out when he was playing for Portland. He slips there too. Than he throws a milk crate onto the ice. Lol

Jimmy Howard has been awesome. IMO a key reason the Wings have a commanding 3-1 lead. I remember in Game 2 he was under fire in the first 5 minutes. Detroit was on its heels and trailed 1-0. It seems since that point, the Red Wings have turned the tables on the Blackhawks, and seized all the momentum. They are forcing Chicago to play their game, and it looks like that is working to their favor.

Another key factor is Zetterberg making Toews irrelevant at best, and possibly a liability. You could see how frustrated Toews was in game 4, but it's been going on the entire series. Same game plan as in '09 when Z shut down Crosby.

The rookie line (especially Nyquist) is really stepping it up in the playoffs as well.

I would have to say the three stars of the series so far are:

1) Howard

2) Z

3) the posts

Well, now that hockey season is over for all intents and purposes, I guess it's time to start going to Yankees games. Somebody tell me who wins the cup after it's all over.

Well, now that hockey season is over for all intents and purposes, I guess it's time to start going to Yankees games. Somebody tell me who wins the cup after it's all over.

LOL. Playoff hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baseball > Basketball

404 sympathy not found

404 sympathy not found

LOL! Well played Guam. @Jeremy - I went to the Yankee game last night and even they couldn't win. Girardi left Hughes in one pitch too long as usual. I must say, Citi Field is beautiful and they have so much more to do and see than Yankee Stadium. 200 dollar seats for 50 bucks on Stubhub weren't bad either, 107 down the right field line.

Great game 7 with the Blackhawks and Wings. I hope Chicago wins. Now the final 4 are the last 4 teams to win the cup. Hockey is GREAT!!!!