ConnecticutWhale Jerseys

Hills

Hi guys,

Now that the Whale are going back to the Wolf Pack I really want to get a hold of a good quality Whale jersey. I'd love team issue/return but I don't know who to contact for that and am guessing Meigrey will cost a boat load.

How are the replicas? Are they the same terrible quality as the NHL replicas?

Do you know who I could contact to try and purchase the jerseys left lying around/practice jerseys.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the impression that the overall quantity of Whale jerseys out there is minimal compared to other AHL teams. You may remember that the Whale had not paid their bills from Reebok and that Reebok sought help from the Rangers to get their money. Wouldn't surprise me if they played with fewer sets than the other teams in the league.

The AHL store has some replicas for sale.

As for the differences between AHL and NHL Premier replicas, here's our AHL expert Rabinsurance had to say:

But the Premier replica jerseys for the NHL are very different from the Premier CHL/AHL jerseys. The NHL jerseys are made in Indonesia, with a slightly thicker polyester material, sewn-on screen printed plastic shoulder patches, a "jock tag" on the front, and a "reebok" logo on the left sleeve. CHL/AHL Premier jerseys are made in Canada with a slightly thinner material, glued on cloth printed shoulder patches, and no jock tag or Reebok logo on the sleeve.

My only hope is that retail authentics, if there are any out there, will make it to eBay on closeout.

I managed to snag two retail authentics from some guy on eBay that was selling a pile of them. They sold very, very fast

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Now that the Whale are going back to the Wolf Pack I really want to get a hold of a good quality Whale jersey. I'd love team issue/return but I don't know who to contact for that and am guessing Meigrey will cost a boat load.

How are the replicas? Are they the same terrible quality as the NHL replicas?

Do you know who I could contact to try and purchase the jerseys left lying around/practice jerseys.

Was just browsing around and ran across a new "Make an Offer" section on The Classic Stuff web site.

They have a Jared Nightingale gamer from the Whale available. It has the 75th AHL anniversary patch and alternate A.

No idea what they might accept for an offer but may be worth a shot if you want a gamer.

http://www.theclassicstuff.com/offer_display.php?id=392

I know you guys will destroy my offer... but I tried...

I assume they have an offer section because the jerseys have been in inventory for an extended time. You never know what they'll take just to move the sweater.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Whale jersey is gone from the make an offer section on The Classic Stuff. Anybody here get it?

Aye!

how much if you don't mind me asking. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to get one of these at a price I could afford

I'd rather not say what I paid, but I was pretty happy with the deal, and the negotiating process. It was a consignment, so I'm sure that weighed on my total. It should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to check out the damage and post pics of it.

Did you deal directly with Larry? I got my Ronning from him, probably one of the nicest guys Ive ever bought from. Wish he had more I wanted!