NHL.com Standings Wrong - 28 APR 13

flyerz_freak

Check out the final Western Conference Standings last night when I got home. Congratulations to the Dallas Stars and Edmonton Oilers! Playoff bound??

https://plus.google.com/photos/117018840313843192660/albums/5871945764112959473

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the final Western Conference Standings last night when I got home. Congratulations to the Dallas Stars and Edmonton Oilers! Playoff bound??

https://plus.google.com/photos/117018840313843192660/albums/5871945764112959473

With the young influx of talent over the last few seasons, I am kind of disappointed with the Oilers' performance. Drafting #1 overall and obtaining the players they did should improve the club to the point, IMO, where they should be in playoff contention. While I understand they still need a few more pieces to be a solid, legitimate contender in the West, Edmonton underachieved in 2013. They will likely get another good draft slot where they can either add to their talent, or make a trade to acquire some experience.

With the young influx of talent over the last few seasons, I am kind of disappointed with the Oilers' performance. Drafting #1 overall and obtaining the players they did should improve the club to the point, IMO, where they should be in playoff contention. While I understand they still need a few more pieces to be a solid, legitimate contender in the West, Edmonton underachieved in 2013. They will likely get another good draft slot where they can either add to their talent, or make a trade to acquire some experience.

Their roster is s*** outside of skilled forwards that they suck at developing.

Their roster is s*** outside of skilled forwards that they suck at developing.

With MacTavish as the new GM, I would make a bet there is an overhaul. A proud franchise can't continue to struggle with great, youthful talent available.

With MacTavish as the new GM, I would make a bet there is an overhaul. A proud franchise can't continue to struggle with great, youthful talent available.

I hope you aren't betting with your own money. MacT is inbred GM son of Lowe and Tambellini. The only thing the Oilers are more proud of than winning is nepotism.

I hope you aren't betting with your own money. MacT is inbred GM son of Lowe and Tambellini. The only thing the Oilers are more proud of than winning is nepotism.

Correct. But I think MacTavish as GM makes sense. He coached and played with the franchise. So he is familiar with the culture. I would agree above they have some work to do to turn the team around. The goaltending is weak and the defense could use some addition and subtraction.

Correct. But I think MacTavish as GM makes sense. He coached and played with the franchise. So he is familiar with the culture. I would agree above they have some work to do to turn the team around. The goaltending is weak and the defense could use some addition and subtraction.

The culture of that franchise is the biggest problem. This is like a family of hemophiliacs purposely inbreeding.