2000-2001 penguins

iceman91

Anyone know who did the customaztion that year? I thought it was cutting edge I got my jersey back and the captains C is different from a game worn jersey. the sleeve numbers seem different too.

Anyone know who did the customaztion that year? I thought it was cutting edge I got my jersey back and the captains C is different from a game worn jersey. the sleeve numbers seem different too.

I'm pretty certain it was cutting edge at that time. Which style jersey? Pics would greatly help.

The top and bottoms of the C's and A's are sometimes skinnier than others. I haven't been able to ascertain any consistency.

http://jjdistributing.weebly.com/1967-07-black-jerseys.html

Sigh...I wish I had Joe's collection. :unsure:

What make is your jersey? My Jagr Proplayer looks exactly like the one you showed on the right. I think it was just after proplayer when they slimmed the C down like they did to yours.

Edit: Now I see yours is a Koho. I'm pretty sure that's what the C looked like then. Your arm numbers look fine to me.

Come to think of it, your thread is titled "2000-2001 Penguins". Why would you compare it to a 1999-2000 Penguins?

I couldnt find that year with a C on it. I thought they were all the same. but apparently there not.

I couldnt find that year with a C on it. I thought they were all the same. but apparently there not.

The C's and A's varied from the original thick ones to the present skinnier one over the years. The following style (when they bought back the skating penguin logo) had both as well. There's even a CCM airknit (the first one of that style) Robopens Lemieux gamer on eBay right now that has the same C as yours. There's just no consistency to them.

There are definitely some differences in the C's, like the gap between the top and bottom, the thickness of the white portion, and the amount of slant of the letter. Most gamers I remember seeing from that period looked like this one:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=38&lotid=399

I don't think the C's on this model jersey varied much at all between the Starter years all the way to the last Koho model.

Sigh...I wish I had Joe's collection. :unsure:

That isn't even his personal collection...just what he is reselling. haha

I've seen a few of his personal items at the jersey expo in town, but I've heard that the entire thing is pretty spectacular.

I'm with TBG on this one. It's accurate to the font that the Penguins used, so it's not wrong by any means. If Jagr wore that style at least once, then it's 100% to the original. Also, the font on the arm numbers is correct, just with a slightly thinner yellow border on all the edges.