Official Eastern Conference Thread

The playoffs start soon! Here is the schedule for the East. I figured people can post here as the series go along. Go Sabres and Pens!!!

Series A Time (ET) #1 Buffalo vs. #8 NY Islanders Network

Thursday, April 12 8:00 p.m. NY Islanders at Buffalo TSN

Saturday, April 14 7:30 p.m. NY Islanders at Buffalo VERSUS TSN

Monday, April 16 7:30 p.m. Buffalo at NY Islanders VERSUS, TSN

Wednesday, April 18 7:30 p.m. Buffalo at NY Islanders VERSUS,TSN

* Friday, April 20 7:00 p.m. NY Islanders at Buffalo VERSUS,TSN

* Sunday, April 22 7:00 p.m. Buffalo at NY Islanders VERSUS,TSN

* Tuesday, April 24 TBD NY Islanders at Buffalo TSN

Series B Time (ET) #2 New Jersey vs. #7 Tampa BayNetwork

Thursday, April 12 7:30 p.m. Tampa Bay at New Jersey RDS

Saturday, April 14 7:00 p.m. Tampa Bay at New Jersey CBC, RDS

Monday, April 16 7:00 p.m. New Jersey at Tampa Bay CBC, RDS

Wednesday, April 18 7:00 p.m. New Jersey at Tampa Bay CBC, RDS

* Friday, April 20 7:00 p.m. Tampa Bay at New Jersey CBC, RDS

* Sunday, April 22 TBD New Jersey at Tampa Bay CBC, RDS

* Tuesday, April 24 TBD Tampa Bay at New Jersey CBC, RDS

Series C Time (ET) #3 Atlanta vs. #6 NY Rangers Network

Thursday, April 12 7:00 p.m. NY Rangers at Atlanta TSN

Saturday, April, 14 3:00 p.m. NY Rangers at Atlanta NBC, TSN

Tuesday, April, 17 7:00 p.m. Atlanta at NY Rangers TSN

Wednesday, April, 18 7:00 p.m. Atlanta at NY Rangers TSN

* Friday, April, 20 TBD NY Rangers at Atlanta TSN

* Sunday, April 22 1:00 p.m. Atlanta at NY Rangers NBC, TSN

* Monday, April, 23 7:00 p.m. NY Rangers at Atlanta VERSUS,TSN

Series D Time (ET) #4 Ottawa vs. #5 Pittsburgh Network

Wednesday, April 11 7:00 p.m. Pittsburgh at Ottawa CBC, RDS,VERSUS

Saturday, April, 14 3:00 p.m. Pittsburgh at Ottawa CBC, RDS,NBC

Sunday, April, 15 6:00 p.m. Ottawa at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC,RDS

Tuesday, April, 17 7:00 p.m. Ottawa at Pittsburgh VERSUS,CBC, RDS

* Thursday, April 19 7:00 p.m. Pittsburgh at Ottawa CBC, RDS,VERSUS

* Sunday, April 22 1:00 p.m. Ottawa at Pittsburgh NBC, CBC,RDS

* Tuesday, April 24 7:00 p.m. Pittsburgh at Ottawa VERSUS,CBC, RDS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friggin' circus...I hate you for forcing the Rangers to play back-to-back home games.

The way I see it right now would be like this:

Quarterfinals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-1

8. New York Islanders

2. New Jersey Devils

7. Tampa Bay Lightning - 4-2

3. Atlanta Thrashers

6. New York Rangers - 4-2

4. Ottawa Senators - 4-3

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

Semi-Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-1

7. Tampa Bay Lightning

4. Ottawa Senators

6. New York Rangers - 4-3

Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-2

6. New York Rangers

Friggin' circus...I hate you for forcing the Rangers to play back-to-back home games.

The way I see it right now would be like this:

Quarterfinals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-1

8. New York Islanders

2. New Jersey Devils

7. Tampa Bay Lightning - 4-2

3. Atlanta Thrashers

6. New York Rangers - 4-2

4. Ottawa Senators - 4-3

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

Semi-Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-1

7. Tampa Bay Lightning

4. Ottawa Senators

6. New York Rangers - 4-3

Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-2

6. New York Rangers

Hmm, Rangers over the Sens and the Lightening over the Devils. I would love to see it but am not sure. I think the higher seeds in the East have a better chance of advancing than in the West.

First round:

Sabres in 5

Devils in 6

Rangers in 6

Senators in 7

Second Round:

Sabres in 6

Senators in 7

Finals:

Sabres in 7

My fearless (and certainly not flawless) predictions:

Quarter-Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres 4-1

8. New York Islanders

2. New Jersey Devils 4-2

7. Tampa Bay Lightning

3. Atlanta Thrashers

6. New York Rangers 4-3

4. Ottawa Senators

5. Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3

Semi-Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-2

6. New York Rangers

2. New Jersey Devils 4-2

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres 4-3

2. New Jersey Devils

My predictions:

1. Buffalo Sabres 4-0

8. New York Islanders

2. New Jersey Devils 4-2

7. Tampa Bay Lightning

3. Atlanta Thrashers

6. New York Rangers 4-1

4. Ottawa Senators 4-2

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

Semi-Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres - 4-2

6. New York Rangers

2. New Jersey Devils

4. Ottawa Senators 4-3

Finals

1. Buffalo Sabres 4-3

4. Ottawa Senators

To be honest- I am really scared by the Senators. They have the offensive firepower to match the Sabres (although not quite the depth) and if Emery is playing well he and Miller are a draw- plus the Sens have had Buffalo's number all year so if these teams meet in the ECF I think the Sabres have a boatload of issues to contend with.

My Picks:

*Quarter Finals

1-Buffalo vs. 8-New York Islanders

1-Buffalo wins 4-0

2-New Jersey vs. 7-Tampa Bay

2-New Jersey wins 4-2

3-Atlanta vs. 6-New York Rangers

6-New York Rangers win 4-2

4-Ottawa vs. 5-Pittsburgh

4-Ottawa wins 4-3

*Semi Finals

1-Buffalo vs. 6-New York Rangers

1-Buffalo wins 4-2

2-New Jersey vs. 4-Ottawa

2-New Jersey wins 4-3

*Finals

1-Buffalo vs. 2-New Jersey

2-New Jersey wins 4-3

Hmm, Rangers over the Sens and the Lightening over the Devils. I would love to see it but am not sure.

Heh...call it wishful thinking.

How bout them Sabres? I have to admit to looking past the Islanders to round 2 and last night's game did nothing to dissuade me from that. Great game all the way around.

A few other thoughts- everyone thought the Rangers were the favs despite the seed and they played like it last night.

Uh oh- after playing great hockey down the stretch like last year the Devils look human against TB while still getting the win- if they advance are they less of a danger?

The Pens better get their act together tonight or it will be a short series. The Sens look dan-ger-ous!

Uh oh- after playing great hockey down the stretch like last year the Devils look human against TB while still getting the win- if they advance are they less of a danger?

I don't think so because now they've shown they can score along with playing solid defense. Parise, Gomez and Rafalski all had big games.

Boy, who woulda thought that the ONLY team with a 2-0 series lead in the Eastern Conference would be the Rangers??

-Buffalo-Islanders: Give me a break. Did you guys really let DiPietro beat you last night? Come on now. Tell me it's just a road bump and that you guys will win the series in five.

-New Jersey-Tampa Bay: If Holmqvist can play the way he did last night for the rest of the season, and if the Bolts' scorers can keep it up, then Tampa is gonna win the series.

-Atlanta-Rangers: The Rangers are in the drivers seat now BUT Atlanta has always played well at the Garden. The series is not over yet but if the Rangers can come out and win Game 3, it will be.

-Ottawa-Pittsburgh: This might prove to be an absolute classic. Those two teams are just so evenly matched; you can probably just throw Game 1 out the window because I can see it being a tight series the rest of the way. Home ice advantage? I'm not so sure anymore.

-Buffalo-Islanders: Give me a break. Did you guys really let DiPietro beat you last night? Come on now. Tell me it's just a road bump and that you guys will win the series in five.

The Sabres played like absolute garbage last night, but it was still DP who ultimately won the game for the Islanders. Even though the Sabres played well below their ability, the Islanders playing a hard physical game were only mildly better and the Sabres ended up with enough chances to win the game, but DP stood on his head. He's a real competitor, coming back from his second concussion in two weeks, having not practiced in 3 weeks prior to the morning of the game, and still looking ridiculously sharp. Whenever I watch the Isles, I wish DP was on a different team so that I could actually root for him. I really don't like the Islanders, but DiPietro never ceases to wow me.

There should be no reason Buffalo splits at home. They may end up winning the series but the concerns exhibited by this team in the middle part of the season (lackadasical passing out of the defensive end, lack of hitting, no jump until the final 2 minutes) may sink them later....

There should be no reason Buffalo splits at home. They may end up winning the series but the concerns exhibited by this team in the middle part of the season (lackadasical passing out of the defensive end, lack of hitting, no jump until the final 2 minutes) may sink them later....

I caught bits and pieces of it, but sounds like the Isles gave them another fight tonight.

I caught bits and pieces of it, but sounds like the Isles gave them another fight tonight.

Buffalo again came out flat for the first period. They can't keep letting these scores be close. That being said- nice work by 48 and TC tonight.

Buffalo again came out flat for the first period. They can't keep letting these scores be close. That being said- nice work by 48 and TC tonight.

Didn't Carolina fall into somewhat of the same thing last year though? I remember them having problems with not only Buffalo, but Montreal too.

Don't mind me. Just celebrating at home for the first time in a decade.

I predicted the Rangers would win this series (definitely the seedings not reflecting the teams) but a potential sweep? Man that is impressive. The Thrash better start the Moose tonight or they have no chance...

Boy no kidding. I was picking the Rangers in six but not four. They have absolutely dominated Atlanta in every facet of the game. I almost feel sorry for them actually because I know how it feels.

Congrats Rangers fans! Good to see them moving on.

I'm impressed they swept... psyched about it too, although it looks like they'll play the Sabres next which means I'll have to stop rooting for them. Lundqvist has been the man, but I have to say I'm incredibly surprised by Avery. And I'm thinking about that Cullen jersey again after that crucial "no-goal" gave the Rangers the lead tonight.

Budaj sig is in the works, btw Zoom. I just got a little more caught up in the playoff action than I expected the past two days. Tomorrow for sure. :thumbsup:

I'm impressed they swept... psyched about it too, although it looks like they'll play the Sabres next which means I'll have to stop rooting for them.

Well you can always hope for TB to do it and thus you can continue your split allegiances :thumbsup: !

Interesting how some people said the Pens Sens series would be the most exciting but I think the NJ/TB one is going to be the dogfight of the first round.

Well you can always hope for TB to do it and thus you can continue your split allegiances :thumbsup: !

Interesting how some people said the Pens Sens series would be the most exciting but I think the NJ/TB one is going to be the dogfight of the first round.

I need NJ to win for my pools, plus, as long as tri-state area teams are the Sabres' opponents, I keep going to the games :thumbsup:

I think the Dallas/Vancouver series and Detroit/Calgary have been the most fun to watch so far out west. The East just isn't keeping up. I'm actually kind of hoping the Sabres delay their victory until Sunday on LI, as I have tickets on the glass for game 6, which won't happen if they win on Friday.

I'm impressed they swept... psyched about it too, although it looks like they'll play the Sabres next which means I'll have to stop rooting for them. Lundqvist has been the man, but I have to say I'm incredibly surprised by Avery. And I'm thinking about that Cullen jersey again after that crucial "no-goal" gave the Rangers the lead tonight.

Budaj sig is in the works, btw Zoom. I just got a little more caught up in the playoff action than I expected the past two days. Tomorrow for sure. :thumbsup:

Great! Thanks for making it! :thumbsup:

The one thing I noticed about Avery when I saw him play this year with the Kings was that he definitely has a presence, where you KNOW when he's out there. The Rangers have gotten hot about the right time. I'm thrilled they swept Atlanta.

Great! Thanks for making it! :thumbsup:

The one thing I noticed about Avery when I saw him play this year with the Kings was that he definitely has a presence, where you KNOW when he's out there. The Rangers have gotten hot about the right time. I'm thrilled they swept Atlanta.

That's what Atlanta gets for acquiring Tkachunk.