Official Western Conference Thread

Ok folks- the Western Conference is also playing hockey (you would never know it listening to East Coast radio) and I think this will be the best matchups all the way through the WCF we have seen in a long time. Go Flames!!! Here are the schedules of the first round. Let me know who you think is going to win....

Series E Time (ET) #1 Detroit vs. #8 Calgary Network Thursday, April 12 7:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit VERSUS,CBC

Sunday, April 15 1:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit NBC, CBC

Tuesday, April 17 10:00 p.m. Detroit at Calgary CBC, VERSUS

Thursday, April 19 TBD Detroit at Calgary CBC,VERSUS

* Saturday, April 21 3:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit NBC, CBC

* Sunday, April 22 TBD Detroit at Calgary CBC,VERSUS

* Tuesday, April 24 TBD Calgary at Detroit CBC,VERSUS

Series F Time (ET) #2 Anaheim vs. #7 Minnesota Network

Wednesday, April 11 10:30 p.m. Minnesota at Anaheim TSN

Friday, April, 13 10:30 p.m. Minnesota at Anaheim TSN

Sunday, April 15 8:00 p.m. Anaheim at Minnesota TSN

Tuesday, April 17 9:00 p.m. Anaheim at Minnesota TSN

* Thursday, April 19 10:30 p.m. Minnesota at Anaheim TSN

* Saturday, April 21 TBD Anaheim at Minnesota TSN

* Monday, April 23 10:00 p.m. Minnesota at Anaheim TSN

Series G Time (ET) #3 Vancouver vs. #6 Dallas Network

Wednesday, April 11 10:00 p.m. Dallas at Vancouver CBC, RDS,VERSUS

Friday, April, 13 9:00 p.m. Dallas at Vancouver CBC, RDS,VERSUS

Sunday, April 15 8:30 p.m. Vancouver at Dallas VERSUS, CBC,RDS

Tuesday, April 17 8:00 p.m. Vancouver at Dallas CBC, RDS (JIP)

* Thursday, April 19 TBD Dallas at Vancouver CBC, RDS,VERSUS

* Saturday, April 21 8:00 p.m. Vancouver at Dallas VERSUS,CBC, RDS

* Monday, April 23 TBD Dallas at Vancouver CBC, RDS,VERSUS

Series H Time (ET) #4 Nashville vs. #5 San Jose Network

Wednesday, April, 11 8:00 p.m. San Jose at Nashville TSN

Friday, April, 13 8:00 p.m. San Jose at Nashville TSN

Monday, April, 16 10:00 p.m. Nashville at San Jose VERSUS, TSN

Wednesday, April 18 10:00 p.m. Nashville at San Jose VERSUS,TSN

* Friday, April 20 9:00 p.m. San Jose at Nashville VERSUS(JIP), TSN

* Sunday, April 22 10:00 p.m. Nashville at San Jose VERSUS(JIP), TSN

* Tuesday, April 24 TBD San Jose at Nashville VERSUS,TSN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My calls:

Quarterfinals

1. Detroit Red Wings

8. Calgary Flames - 4-2

2. Anaheim Ducks

7. Minnesota Wild - 4-2

3. Vancouver Canucks - 4-3

6. Dallas Stars

4. Nashville Predators

5. San Jose Sharks - 4-2

Semi-Finals

3. Vancouver Canucks - 4-1

8. Calgary Flames

5. San Jose Sharks - 4-3

7. Minnesota Wild

Finals

3. Vancouver Canucks

5. San Jose Sharks - 4-1

My picks:

First round:

Calgary in 7

Anaheim in 5

Vancouver in 7

Nashville in 7

Second Round:

Anaheim in 6

Vancouver in 7

Finals:

Anaheim in 6

Here's my take on the west (as if anyone really cares!):

Quarter-Finals

1. Detroit Red Wings 4-3

8. Calgary Flames

2. Anaheim Ducks 4-3

7. Minnesota Wild

3. Vancouver Canucks 4-3

6. Dallas Stars

4. Nashville Predators

5. San Jose Sharks 4-2

Semi-Finals

1. Detroit Red Wings

5. San Jose Sharks 4-3

2. Anaheim Ducks 4-2

3. Vancouver Canucks

Finals

2. Anaheim Ducks 4-3

5. San Jose Sharks

Here's my take on the west (as if anyone really cares!):

CW- I care because you read my mind- those picks I think are spot on (maybe a few tweaks on how deep the series go) but yea- I think that's how its going to play out...

My Picks:

*Quarter Finals

1-Detroit vs. 8-Calgary

1-Detroit wins 4-2

2-Anaheim vs. 7-Minnesota

7-Minnesota wins 4-3

3-Vancouver vs. 6-Dallas

3-Vancouver wins 4-1

4-Nashville vs. 5-San Jose

5- San Jose wins 4-3

*Semi Finals

1-Detroit vs. 7-Minnesota

7-Minnesota wins 4-2

3-Vancouver vs. 5-San Jose

5-San Jose wins 4-2

*Finals

5-San Jose vs. 7-Minnesota

5-San Jose wins 4-3

Last night's games were an affirmation that the Western Conference playoffs this year will be a dog fight. Anyone coming out of there will certainly be battled tested. I gave up around 11:30est though so I didn't get to see the end of the games.

I also heard today that anyone with Time Warner cable didn't get to see the end of the Dallas-Vancouver game because at 3am, the station switched over to an infomercial! Oh my God I would've put my foot through the TV. That is just inexcusable.

I also heard today that anyone with Time Warner cable didn't get to see the end of the Dallas-Vancouver game because at 3am, the station switched over to an infomercial! Oh my God I would've put my foot through the TV. That is just inexcusable.

I would've too. they would also no logner be my cable provider.

That game was AMAZING. I am so happy the Canucks won. I watched history in the making - 6th longest game.

I didn't happen to me. The cbc and vs. feed both stayed until the end. It may have been a particular region affected.

San Jose-Nashville is getting interesting. Seems as if someone is always coming out of the game hurt. That's gonna be a heated rivalry for awhile with the rate its going.

Calgary...well, they're making me cringe right now, I caught the last half of their game on Sunday and...yikes. I got Detroit sweeping that one.

Biggest surprise- Ducks up 3-0 in the series I thought Minn would at least get 1.

Biggest dissapointment- Calgary- what have they just decided to roll over and die?

WTH Minnesota I thought they would better than this there goes my finals matchup.

I have many thoughts on this...we could've seen a Detroit-Colorado first round... Calgary has made me cringe.

The only possible thought I have rattling around in my head that this series can be salvaged is the fact that Calgary is TERRIBLE road team. Perhaps the Saddledomers will have the team rally back tonight. Home ice or not, they certainly can't play the way they did in the first 2 games or this series is finished.

The only possible thought I have rattling around in my head that this series can be salvaged is the fact that Calgary is TERRIBLE road team. Perhaps the Saddledomers will have the team rally back tonight. Home ice or not, they certainly can't play the way they did in the first 2 games or this series is finished.

I hope that is the case, that series has been terrible so far.

Boy did I not see the Flames winning tonight! There were a few surprises, I was expecting Anaheim to dismiss the Wild and expecting the Red Wings to put the Flames behind again. I'm really getting into the Sharks-Predators series, good game the other night.

Calgary actually making it a series- good to see- man that sea of red was rocking last night....

AOL Fanhouse blog (which is awesome) has a great stat on that Nuck/Stars series:

Marty Turco has a 0.943 Sv% and a 1.67 GAA and has lost 3 games. That's because Roberto Luongo has a 0.950 Sv% and a 1.49 GAA.

Due to the time difference the only series I have been able to see all of is the Sharks/Predators series and what I have seen of that series is pretty much San Jose not allowing Nashville to play their game at all. Every time Nashville tries to put a run together it seems like there are 3 or 4 Sharks around the puck. The Sharks have completely shut down Forsberg and Kariya and without those two, the Predators won't and haven't been able to do anything.

Due to the time difference the only series I have been able to see all of is the Sharks/Predators series and what I have seen of that series is pretty much San Jose not allowing Nashville to play their game at all. Every time Nashville tries to put a run together it seems like there are 3 or 4 Sharks around the puck. The Sharks have completely shut down Forsberg and Kariya and without those two, the Predators won't and haven't been able to do anything.

I watched the first period of the San Jose game and came away more than impressed. They hit you every single shift, their passes are incredible, and except for the occasional odd man rush caused by speed, they are tight on D. If they can survive the west playing that uptempo smashmouth hockey I think they will win the Cup...

<---biased on that last playoff spot :D I've really gotten into San Jose as well, I loved watching them play Anaheim a couple of weeks ago and left really impressed with their overall attack and game.

Calgary actually making it a series- good to see- man that sea of red was rocking last night....

AOL Fanhouse blog (which is awesome) has a great stat on that Nuck/Stars series:

Marty Turco has a 0.943 Sv% and a 1.67 GAA and has lost 3 games. That's because Roberto Luongo has a 0.950 Sv% and a 1.49 GAA.

<---biased on that last playoff spot :D I've really gotten into San Jose as well, I loved watching them play Anaheim a couple of weeks ago and left really impressed with their overall attack and game.

haha- yea I can understand your bias- I think this is about it for the Preds tonight. Considering their midseason acquisitions how can you look at this season as anything other than a disappointment for the Nashvegas fans? That team was built for a deep run and a 5 game and out first round series? yeesh....