Proper Customization for an Authentic 2010 Olympic Canada Jersey

KG777NT

Hi guys, I just picked up an authentic red 2010 olympic team canada from dsl135, and am looking to get it customized into a Toews. I was going to send it to EPS to do so, and am wondering what the proper customization on it should be? (they said they could do layered or reverse kiss cut). If anyone has any insight, let me know. Thanks.

The kit should be layered. Be sure to ask for a Swift nameplate, and if you want it just like the on-ice jerseys, the letters are heat-pressed to the nameplate with no stitching.

Great. Thanks so much guys.

• 9 months later...

Are the numbers heat pressed as well? In the pictures of the Toews game-worn from the link above, I can't make out the stitching on the numbers. This 2014 Luongo game-worn auctioned off by Hockey Canada doesn't look like the numbers have stitching either. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roberto-Luongo-GAME-WORN-Team-Canada-Hockey-Jersey-/151231769638?nma=true&si=r54%252F9ZX1X6M54arFNZIbADgOOl0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's a little difficult to tell though since these photos aren't super hi-res.

• 1 year later...

Usually don't like to resurrect a thread, but I have practically the same question as OP. I've recently acquired the same style jersey (red, size 58) and am looking to get it customized as Crosby. Based on this thread and some research I've done, authentic customization should have the following:

- Numbers sewn to the Jersey, Layered Kiss-cut.

- Nike Swift material name plate.

- Name plate stitched to the Jersey, letters heat-pressed to name plate.

Am I missing anything?

Have been using this Jersey as an example of what I want, but I've been told the font on the name plate is close but incorrect. Have contacted CoolHockey and they've stated they have the materials for the job, though I'm hesitant do send it to them for some reason.

Edited by desmopilot

"Layered kiss-cut" doesn't make sense; it's either one or the other. In this case, they should be layered.

"Layered kiss-cut" doesn't make sense; it's either one or the other. In this case, they should be layered.

Thanks for the clarification! Very new to customization as you can tell. Any other tips for getting this Jersey customized?

Central Crests in Vancouver (centralcrests.com) did the 2010 Olympic jerseys, so if you want it like the gameworns, they would be your best bet. For some reason, their white heat-pressed letters looked kind of pinkish on top of a red Swift nameplate, so I had to opt for the stitched letters which looked whiter, even though less on-ice accurate. I still don't know why the shade of the retail heat-pressed letters looked different than the on-ice ones. I might still have photos of that somewhere, if you need them.

EPS' arm numbers are not accurate. Their 8 is wrong. If I remember correctly from mine that they did the holes in the 8 were too big.

• 2 weeks later...

Central Crests in Vancouver (centralcrests.com) did the 2010 Olympic jerseys, so if you want it like the gameworns, they would be your best bet. For some reason, their white heat-pressed letters looked kind of pinkish on top of a red Swift nameplate, so I had to opt for the stitched letters which looked whiter, even though less on-ice accurate. I still don't know why the shade of the retail heat-pressed letters looked different than the on-ice ones. I might still have photos of that somewhere, if you need them.

Did they do the jerseys for all teams? I'm looking for a customizer for a 2010 Sweden jersey that I have and I consider it my grail even though Sweden never wore blue, but I absolutely love it and want the customization to be spot on.

Edit: and do you perhaps know if they have Nike Swift material for nameplates?

Edited by foppa21

They did Team Canada's jerseys; I don't know about the other teams but I don't imagine they were involved with them. They did have Swift material for the Team Canada nameplates, but I couldn't say about the others, sorry. Perhaps someone else here might have better info on that.

Appreciate the info regardless! Seeing as the games were held in Vancouver that year I still wonder if perhaps the jerseys were all done up at the same place. I remember a video came up for the 2014 Olympics jerseys I think (could have been World Championships though, not sure) but it seemed to be that all the jerseys were being customized at one place. Anyways, I'll shoot them an e-mail and just inquire. Thank you very much for the help!

EPS' arm numbers are not accurate. Their 8 is wrong. If I remember correctly from mine that they did the holes in the 8 were too big.

I hate that. What a bunch of big 8-holes!

• 2 months later...

Is there any place in the GTA who you guys would recommend that could a good job on the Nike Swift jerseys? I have a couple of 2010's and a 2014 authentic jersey that I'd like to customize, but want to avoid EPS for shipping back and forth.

Or would you say EPS and Central Crests are the only ones out there?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone please comment on the quality and accuracy of the customization job on this jersey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JONATHAN-TOEWS-2014-TEAM-CANADA-PRO-JERSEY-NWT-SOCHI-OLYMPICS-/281754386410?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4199debfea

I asked the seller and he told me that it was done by River City Sports. Thanks in advance!