Finals Nameplates

HawksFanInDC

Anybody got a good photo for me on if the Hawks and Bruins are wearing edge or air knit for nameplates in the Final? I could not find one on Getty. Also if you find another good one when they go to Boston would be appreciated, just to ensure it is the same for their home and roads.

Thanks

I am a novice and have no idea how to save photos from video.

Didn't know you needed photos or a video, just thought you were looking for confirmation on materials. I guess if you need a photo you could:

Find a video on Youtube>Pause when you get a good shot>Alt+Print Screen>Paste into Paint or Photoshop>Crop>Save As Photo

Emailed City Sports Lettering (Hawks customizer) and here is the low down.

They said they use edge material for gameworns. I would take this as fact but I do have a hawks gamer from 2011 with an air knit nameplate. He went on to say they use air knit for retail authentics so if getting one customized you may want to use EPS. I got one done up at Triple Threat for the 2010 Final and they also used air knit.

It sounds like City Sports is deliberately making the retails different from the gamers with respect to the nameplate. Did they actually say though, that they wouldn't use Edge material on a retail even if you asked for it?

Just said "we use air knit for retail," not sure if they would use edge if requested.

OK. I would hope that if they had the stuff, they would use it if you asked for it. Otherwise that might affect my decision to get a jersey done up there. Thanks.

My experience with CSL and Edges is that if youwant Edge plates, then you must specify Edge plates, they will use Edge material...but you have to be specific (pretty much like most customizers)...by "retail" they typically mean the stuff they do up for the Hawks stores in Chicago (including the United Center).

Found these photos, the Seabrook looks like edge material to me but unsure, your thoughts?

170771080_slide_zpsfab926d7.jpg

170780646_slide_zps2293f8b6.jpg

This looks like edge, am I crazy and or blind?

170879485_slide_zpsf4d31ea9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Edge it is, guy that puts the tags in just told me the same thing, thanks.

Yes, the holes are differently sized, and it's thinner and not as stretchy as the Edge stuff.

Thinner I was never concerned about, because air-knit and ultrafil seem to have come in different thicknesses, but if the patterning is different, then I'll take your word for it. I know that there has been some variation across authentic shirts as well, with some shirts showing a pattern that looked a little like diamond plate, where others had a pattern that looked like rows. I'll have to find some pictures to back up the claim.

Interestingly, the Premier back material does look just like the stuff on the back of the authentic ASG jerseys from the last 2 games. That stuff was definitely not the regular Edge stretch mesh, and along with the thinner gauge airknit, heat-pressed crest and stars, made those jerseys seem rather cheap-looking for an Edge.