CCM Authentics Flyers?

FlyersHockey1967

Set your reserve and good luck! That'd be a nice pickup. You could even put a 97 Stanley Cup Finals patch on that baby.

Oooooooh yeah baby!

JustAnothaVictim, I'm talking about the black outline around the crest. Many jerseys back in the day would (incorrectly) have a black outline around the crest on the jerseys, when there shouldn't be. The biggest perpetrators of this crime are Pro Player, CCM (most of the CCM's), Starter, and Nike. However, you might get lucky and find an authentic from those days without an outline.

Okay, the thing here is that I don't actually have an eBay or PayPal account; my older sister does (the Eagles/Flyers fan). The thing is that I have to pay her back if she lets me bid on this thing, and I am just going to hope that no one notices this jersey.

Who am I kidding? It's a Hextall, it's an authentic, and it's a Nike. That's just asking for a bidding war.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your time when you bid. Don't do it right away. Wait in the weeds and snipe it if you have to. Bidding on it now only drives up the price more. I'm sure you already know all this but I'm saying it anyway!

Take your time when you bid. Don't do it right away. Wait in the weeds and snipe it if you have to. Bidding on it now only drives up the price more. I'm sure you already know all this but I'm saying it anyway!

Oh, boy, I know what it's like to be sniped. Remember that jersey I lost out on with 2 seconds left? Yeah. I just don't think I can time it THAT well. Generally, when is a good time to bid? Around 30 seconds?

I'm just trying not to get too excited on this jersey because if I do and I lose out, I usually end up getting really angry. It's happened before.

JustAnothaVictim, I'm talking about the black outline around the crest. Many jerseys back in the day would (incorrectly) have a black outline around the crest on the jerseys, when there shouldn't be. The biggest perpetrators of this crime are Pro Player, CCM (most of the CCM's), Starter, and Nike. However, you might get lucky and find an authentic from those days without an outline.

Now I know what you mean. They only Flyers jerseys I've seen with a black outline around the crest where CCM replicas. I've never seen Authentic jerseys with that black outline, not even on Starter/Pro Player replicas. only on CCM. I have a Starter replica (the only one in my collection) and there´s no black outline. I also had a PP replica, but no black outline. But imho the black outline aroud the crest looks pretty good on the white jersey.

Now I know what you mean. They only Flyers jerseys I've seen with a black outline around the crest where CCM replicas. I've never seen Authentic jerseys with that black outline, not even on Starter/Pro Player replicas. only on CCM. I have a Starter replica (the only one in my collection) and there´s no black outline. I also had a PP replica, but no black outline. But imho the black outline aroud the crest looks pretty good on the white jersey.

I could've sworn I've seen Pro Player and Starter jerseys with the outline. Oh well.

It might look good, but it's inaccurate. It's one of those nitpicky things.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? I've read on another message board that a Nike size 52 (which is the size of that Hextall up there) is the equivalent of an RBK 48. If this is the case, I won't have to worry so much about the jersey being insanely big on me.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? I've read on another message board that a Nike size 52 (which is the size of that Hextall up there) is the equivalent of an RBK 48. If this is the case, I won't have to worry so much about the jersey being insanely big on me.

that´s right. Even the CCM jersey from the 90's fit smaller than the jersey that came after 2000. My 91-92 Bruins TBTC Bourque jersey is size 56 and it fits like a Koho/CCM and Reebok size 52

See, now I'm a little confused. I have a Red Wings Nike jersey that's a 44 but it fits me like my Reebok Hurricanes 46 jersey. That seems a little weird to me.

That's weird Brilliant! I wonder why the companies couldn't come up with a standard sizing chart when they made these. Whenever I look for a jersey on eBay, one of my main worries is how it will fit because I can't tell how big it is just based on a picture.

I'm considering getting the 97 Cup patch if I get this jersey (man that brings back memories), but I'm not sure:

1. Where to send it to for the patching

2. Whether said place would get it right

3. If it's worth it

4. Where to buy one if I decide to do it.

For the last one, I've got three links:

http://sportsk.com/stcuppa191.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Stanley-Cup-NHL-H...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-STANLEY-CUP-OFFIC...VQQcmdZViewItem

But I can't tell which one looks genuine. The coloring looks different on all of them, and little details like the shape of the NHL shield are different as well.

Set the alarm on your cell phone for about 5 minutes before and go do something else. It'll help the time go faster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120117971900

$166.50 for a size 52 Nike authentic Ron Hextall orange Flyers jersey. 7th bid with 15 seconds left.

Thanks for helping me stay in the hunt guys. I'll be sure to snap a few pictures and post it in the other thread once it arrives. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120117971900

$166.50 for a size 52 Nike authentic Ron Hextall orange Flyers jersey. 7th bid with 15 seconds left.

Thanks for helping me stay in the hunt guys. I'll be sure to snap a few pictures and post it in the other thread once it arrives. :)

Congratulations!.....but are you sure you should put a stanley cup finals patch on?

It was a pretty lousy series, i did not see it, but looking back in the books i can see it´s not a good Flyer moment. :(:angry:

Brilliant edit: Language.

....it´s not a good Flyer moment. :(:angry:

Then again...what is? :P

Congratulations!.....but are you sure you should put a stanley cup finals patch on?

It was a pretty lousy series, i did not see it, but looking back in the books i can see it´s not a good Flyer moment. :(:angry:

Sure, it wasn't that great of a series, but it brings back childhood memories, like when I saw a picture of William Penn's statue with the orange Flyers jersey on when I was watching the news.. I got so excited to see the Flyers so close to the Cup.

I don't know whether or not I will get it patched, but I am definitely considering it, especially since it would be historically correct with the Nike jersey.