2013 Offseason

You do realise that there are four different countries in the UK? :lol:

n698vo.jpg

I'm well aware, but she's from England, hence British.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware, but she's from England, hence British.

Just pulling your chain, dude. :D It must irk you if someone talks about a singular American accent - even though there are many.

Being Irish-Scots, I wouldn't know (Scots with a republican Irish lineage don't take kindly to being called 'British'). You'd need to ask an Englishman.

2db5xug.jpg

Just pulling your chain, dude. :D It must irk you if someone talks about a singular American accent - even though there are many.

Much like someone commenting on my wife and I speaking MEXICAN, when she's from EL SALVADOR and we're speaking SPANISH.

Hahaha. Well, here in NYC, we all sound the same. Our New Yawk accents are easy to distinguish and drive people crazy :D - The funny thing is when my friend texted me to tell me she was bringing her friend along, I was expecting a dude. Girl's name is Channing, so I was fully prepared to have to throw some stuck up rich douchebag out of my car at 85. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised to see that it in fact a gorgeous girl, and the accent just made it that much better.

Much like someone commenting on my wife and I speaking MEXICAN, when she's from EL SALVADOR and we're speaking SPANISH.

Now that's the worst. People thinking Mexican is a language are just dumb. I think that's mostly the hillbillies down south though. To them, everyone with brown skin is Mexican.

Hahaha. Well, here in NYC, we all sound the same. Our New Yawk accents are easy to distinguish and drive people crazy :D

I've got many distant cousins dotted around NY and MA - so I have vast experience of the Irish-NewYawk and Irish-Bostonian accents... Man, they are painful haha. The Walsh clan sure did spread like wildfire when they hit the U.S. :lol:

Maybe Mike Green dropped his stash in the water supply at the Verizon, and watching cats with candy tubes on their legs is far more fun than signing players.