Pretty Rare? '08-09 black Blackhawks 1.0

Mikeykey13

Hey Guys, This is my first post here and I want to first say thank you. I've been reading the older forums regarding the various differences in NHL jerseys and your posts are extremely helpful.

On to the topic, I found this jersey at a store in Chicago. These are pretty rare, right? Its an edge 1.0 with a blank back. When I saw it, there was no way I could pass it up. Looks amazing, no snags and such.

post-13101-0-45002700-1372885522_thumb.j

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah those don't pop up too often because they changed to the winter classic alternate after only a year or two of having the black alternate with the edge jersey system. Let me know if you ever are interested in selling it!

I have no idea what player to customize it with. Current doing research for any patches from 08/09 to make it really official, even though I really don't recall there being any

If you want an Edge fabric Nameplate...probably CSL (make sure you specify). If you don't care on the plate (airknit), I'd recommend Triple Threat Sports, they do a terrific job.

Per NHLpatches.info the only patch they wore in 2008/09 was in the Winter Classic.

Interesting site- of note, the '94 SCF pic is the least correct one as discussed in the other thread (with those blue outlines on the words Stanley Cup)

I believe that on the Edge jerseys, Edge nameplates are the way to go...that is what I have done with my CBH Edge jerseys. I know that many collectors don't mind Air Knit plates (and save a few bucks in the process).

I am not worried about collectors, This jersey is all for me :-)!! I will call city sports lettering tomorrow thank you so much guys!!!

Now to decide if I want a players name or my last name. !!! Now that's a tough call!

A players name, because your last name is considered a jersey foul. Here's the 2008-2009 roster:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CHI/2009.html

I also have a black 1.0 Hawks jersey, mine is a Skille.

Only use your last name if it the same as a player who wore the same vintage jersey...bottom line is it's your jersey do what you want but based on my experience, most people I know who have done this, regret it later down the road and pay to have it changed out (to varrying degrees of success. Good Luck

Wow, you guys are awesome. Who would you use in the Chicagoland area for lettering? City Sports? Gunzo's?

Go with City Sports lettering. That's their customizer, at least for that season. But ask about their nameplate material. They might use airknit but I don't know if they did that for the team too.

Wow, you guys are awesome. Who would you use in the Chicagoland area for lettering? City Sports? Gunzo's?

In my humble opinion-I would use Triple Threat Sports. The owner use to run City Sports and his work now is 100 times better then City. City uses way to much adhesive and cheap twill. I have been in Triple Threat many times when people brought in jerseys from City to be stripped and redone because the twill was bad etc...

I have well over 200 jerseys in my collection and I trust them to no one but Triple Threat...and one big thing about them is the turn around time...3-4 weeks...where City is about 7-8....and EPS is even longer...

Thinking maybe a toews, first year as captain. Get that C on there. Lookin' pretty sweet, or maybe get marty on there. Man this decision is tougher than I thought.

I think you should go with your name and 69. Classiest combination available.

Or "Red Wings Suck"