Washing a jersey?

FlyersHockey1967

I think we need a thread explaining how to do this: How would one go about washing a jersey? Would it be safe? Take into account the different materials; air-knit, cotton, mesh, polyster, etc.

And, no, I'm NOT talking about game jerseys. :thumbsup:

I always make sure to hang mine after they have been washed, made that mistake ONCE not doing that and the logo had this nice dent in it. I usually wash mine alone with cold water.

I wash my jerseys cold too, together with the regular laundry and hang 'em to dry. Sometimes, when the crests on the jerseys come out a little "wrinkled" (???, is this the correct english word?) I just iron it. I cover the crest by putting a wet piece of cotton material (piece of bed sheet or so) on the logo, iron it and make sure that the iron never directly hits the jersey material itself. you can iron the numbers that way as well.

just sharing an experience and hopefully you understand what I'm trying to tell you:)

I've been putting my jerseys in the dryer for as long as I've owned them but always on a low setting. I've not once had an issue with a wrinkled crest or with any type of fabric and I wash every single jersey I receive as soon as I remove it from the packaging.

I've been putting my jerseys in the dryer for as long as I've owned them but always on a low setting. I've not once had an issue with a wrinkled crest or with any type of fabric and I wash every single jersey I receive as soon as I remove it from the packaging.

I did that with my Avalanche authentic jersey and it messed up the logo on it, you can still see a dent or two. That scared me away from doing that, I don't remember what setting it was on so that may have played a part.

I'm very picky about washing the ones I get off of Ebay.

Since I started out with the old Starter jerseys and the first time I washed one of those the jersey shrunk but the crest didn't so ever since then I have always washed in cold and air dried.

Would you ever wash an autographed jersey? If so, how would you do it so the signature isn't ruined?

it depends on what kind of pen was used for the signature but I can only explain that in German. I washed my game worn Roenick jerseys once and the jerseys are marked by the equipment manager but nothing happened to it

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Rangers jersey and what I do is turn it inside out and wash it with regular laundry in cold water. Then I hang it. Haven't had any problems.

Well, the description here says that there are 2 small stains that "can most likely be taken out in the wash."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Ron-Hextall-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, why couldn't the seller remove the stains himself if he thinks they can come out? It all depends on the stain, but I have had some luck with Spray 'N Wash stick or Shout stain remover, stuff you can buy at Target, etc.