2014 Olympic Jerseys

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend got me the black Canada jersey for my birthday. Fit is really different compared to previous years. More flattering and she described it as looking more like a shirt as opposed to a jersey.

Now Giroux just has to get his s hit together.

After looking at the jerseys a bit more, they are beginning to grow on me. I agree that most of these look more like long-sleeve shirts than jerseys.

Good:

Slovakia - Love the idea of having the anthem written out on the jersey. Very unique

Sweden - Best olympic jerseys by far. Can't wait to get a Lundqvist!

Russia - Awesome incorporation of the flag in a totally different way. The wings is Nike's best use of "fake" embroidery on shoulders.

Weird:

USA - Nike found a new way to incorporate the stars and stripes. I like the blue better though as it looks a lot cleaner.Not a fan of the crest. As a caveat I loved the USA '96 WCOH jersey

Canada - The black is a little too funky for Canada. Red and white are pretty clean but, a little boring.

Czechs Republic and Sweden - Looks like the flag was just printed onto the jersey. Both of these seem pretty plain.

Does anyone know if retail authentics will be sold? Or will Nike do the 3-tier system - authentics (numeric sizing w/fight-strip), semi-authentic (numeric sizing with no fight-strap), and replicas (alpha-sizing).

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the Latvian jerseys yet? I wanted to get a Gudlevskis, but I dunno about shelling out $100 for a sublimated dealio from Lutch if I can find better quality.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the Latvian jerseys yet? I wanted to get a Gudlevskis, but I dunno about shelling out $100 for a sublimated dealio from Lutch if I can find better quality.

They should be out soon enough, just wait. You can't get them personalized anyway with player names before the official rosters are announced at the end of December. If you don't feel like waiting, Pro Hockey Life's website has the old Nike jerseys on sale at the moment for $65. Buy that and get it personalized locally. It's better than getting the cheap sublimated stuff (especially from Luthch, who use the wrong shade of red).

That Swiss red jersey is horrible. So plain. Doesn't even look like a practice jersey. Nike is either too busy with their designs (Russia) or way too plain and boring ( Swiss, Canada). Can't find the happy medium.

The jerseys don't even have the swoosh. It's either a prototype or not the real deal.

It's the non-Nike replica being sold by the Swiss Hockey Federation. Interestingly enough, it costs about $30 more than the Nike's are going for, yet is sublimated, and therefore of considerably lesser quality (although I haven't seen a retail Nike version yet for the Swiss). Usually teams manufacture their own in order to offer cheaper alternatives.

• 3 weeks later...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave Bobby Ryan at home and bring along clowns like Brown, Orpik, and the two Rags forwards that can't even play hockey in the small NHL rinks.

How much is a premium...

As of last year Central Crests wanted around $110 for a Team Canada kit with stitching. They did have red Swift material for the nameplate.