2014 Olympic Jerseys

What prices did these sell for? I forgot to check back.

Backes was the highest white jersey at $2,820. Martin at $1,000 was the lowest game worn white.

Parise's throwback went for a high of $4,760, easily the priciest item of the night. The throwbacks worn by Backes and Oshie were the only other jerseys to even top three grand at $3,020 each. Kesler and Wheeler's throwbacks were the cheapest game worn jerseys at $980 and $975 respectively.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What prices did these sell for? I forgot to check back.

TOO F(&^*** MUCH NOW I HAVE NO MONEY FOR CATS AND TATS I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT EITHER

I threw in a late bid on the retro Patches, not remembering that it wasn't worn...and I won it for way too much. Argh! Oh well.

I just noticed that the throw backs dont have the sochi patches on them

Yeah, the 2nd set of Retros didn't have the patches. Guam mentioned to me that he had to point out to Meigray that they had photos (without the patch) mixed into the auctions that ended last night. He also had to point out that Quick wasn't the back-up against Slovenia but Howard was.

One thing that I wasn't too happy about (admittedly it was my own fault for not paying attention) was that they changed some of the auction listings. When it was first listed, I believe, the Slovakia jerseys were all 2nd and 3rd period. I started bidding last night on the Stastny thinking that it was still the 2nd and 3rd period, which he scored two goals in. Shortly after starting to bid I noticed that they changed it to Warmup and 1st period at some point after I bookmarked the page weeks ago.

While I did not bid before last night some people set max bids when they were first put up and the auctions changed after the fact. That is not cool to me. Whether the people who placed the bid are cool with it is another story. For example, a guy put a ~$1,200 bid in on the Quick "Back-Up" jersey "worn" against Slovenia on March 22nd. That bid wasn't beaten until Yesterday. The auction ended at $2,500 for a GI jersey.

tl;dr Meigray messed up a good amount on these auctions.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

Yeah I'm not happy with how MGG has handled these auctions.

Barry mentioned on gameworn.net that they individually photomatched each jersey since the authentication tag was not added after the jerseys were worn. So I asked them how they photomatched the one I won since it saw so little ice time, and after a couple of exchanges all I got was "wear and or markings that are distinctive on each jersey" and "I hope you enjoy your jersey."

youdontsay-vi.jpg

They did mention matching it to game footage as well and full game replays should still be available on the nbcolympics.com.

Talk about price gouging .....

Got my Stastny and Kesler gamers in today and I can say that the normal whites were kiss cut and the retros were stacked.

Thanks for the update. EPS did my replica white and blue in layered construction. Cannot decide if it is worth re-doing a replica.

There is a full-on rage-bidding war on the blue Orpik right now. This is the most hilarious thing I have seen since those two cat hoarders fighting over the Carlson last week.

There is a full-on rage-bidding war on the blue Orpik right now. This is the most hilarious thing I have seen since those two cat hoarders fighting over the Carlson last week.

Herb brooks bidding from the grave

The Paul Martin game-worn 2nd and 3rd period retro went for $920. The Bronze Medal Game game-issued went for $1520. :huh:

Bidding war between 2 high rollers. That Bronze Medal Game set seems to have brought in the most money so far.

Weird since they absolutely laid an egg in that game.