2014 Olympic Jerseys

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but the answer we were looking was 'Rudy'. 'Rudy' would have been acceptable. We do have some lovely parting gifts for you though. Johnny, tell him what he's won!

I'm kinda curious as to how many folks here actually get that gif reference since most of yall are young'uns.

Lol. No weezing the juice, buuuuuddddy!

HAHA!! I KNEW you would be in the correct bracket who gets it.

What a delightfully terrible movie that was!

There is no such thing as a terrible Pauly Shore movie.

HAHA!! I KNEW you would be in the correct bracket who gets it.

What a delightfully terrible movie that was!

I remember seeing that in the movie theater when it came out. I want those two hours of my life back.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone determined definitively if the Team Canada jerseys used stacked or kiss-cut numbers? I've been combing through some high-res pictures, but I can't tell 100% sure, but it looks to me as though they are kiss-cut. Can someone please confirm or deny? I've attached some screenshots of the highest resolution pictures I could find

Excuse all the Crosby pictures, I just assumed they'd have the most pictures of him on Google images

KZhRHUz.pngv49wgeN.pngjaBdGJ6.pngK4f3UNg.png

Those definitely look kiss-cut, although I didn't know they were supposed to be. You can see a few white points around the perimeter of the numbers, which indicates that the white layer is on the bottom.

Could it be the black is printed/sublimated onto white twill, then everything stitched on with black thread? Something just seems off to me, it seems very flat even for kiss-cut.

Alright thanks for the help guys, I will be going with kiss-cut numbers for my jersey then.

Also, I know this is the 2014 thread, but I didn't want to start a new topic for this. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the 2010 Team Canada World Championships Alternate jerseys used stacked or kiss-cut as well? I've been searching for a long time, but there are so few pictures out there. I stumbled upon a picture of an authentic Ott jersey that seems to be stacked, but I'm not sure whether that was a gamer or not.

Anyways, my 2010 jersey is just a replica anyways, so not as big a deal, I couldn't find a blank authentic anywhere.

Here's a picture of the style I'm talking about for reference.

Thanks

RRbukrw.jpg

They are kiss cut. I talked with a guy who bought a gamer and he gave me the info

Thanks a lot for the reply, but can you clarify whether you were referring to the 2014 Olympics Team Canada jersey or the 2010 WC Team Canada jerseys?

Are you sure about that? I owned a pair of those alternate gamers from the 2010 tournament and they were both stacked.

I guess I need to learn how to read! My bad.

The 2014 Canada Gamers are Kiss Cut. If Brilliant had some gamers he would know best for the 2010 jerseys

Thanks for the help, you guys are great. Appreciate it

I know these aren't authentic or even Nike jerseys but I really wanted a bunch of jerseys from the Olympics as I REALLY loved the designs they used and I love international hockey more than the NHL.

I also know that these are 100% replicas of the Olympic jerseys and they have mistakes in them. Slovenia has the wrong number font and Czech has stripes on the back, wrong number font, too many number lays on the shoulders and both jerseys are missing the Assistant Captain letters on the front.

That said my girl friend and I will be wearing these for shinny (hers is the smaller Jagr) and I am very happy with them. I originally planned to order a bunch of different ones, but if the maker can't get the numbers right and make them look almost perfect than I will probably skip out on buying much more.

OXlLChj.jpg

2on72Gl.jpg

yTPqcqM.jpg

RaSx9x3.jpg

19.5% buyer premium? That is insane.

Also since this probably wont be answered in the other thread, figured I'd ask it here just in case someone can give me the answer.

I am wondering what the font the teams used for the numbers in this year's Olympics. I am specifically wondering about Slovakia, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Finland and Russia. Does anyone know what the fonts used were?

Edited by Hills

Where did you guys find authentic oly jerseys and how is the sizing on those comparable to an EDGE? Would love to upgrade to an authentic McDonagh.

Where did you guys find authentic oly jerseys and how is the sizing on those comparable to an EDGE? Would love to upgrade to an authentic McDonagh.

To my knowledge only two USA jerseys have been sold openly so chances are few and far between. One is owned by NYR130 and the other (A women's but same jersey besides Gold Medal years) is owned by myself. NYR130's is done up as a McDonagh and mine is a Oshie.

Sizing is completely different from that of an EDGE. I have a size 54 and it's probably the smallest jersey I own. I believe the rule of thumb is Edge Size +4 in deciding what size, you guys can correct me if i'm misremembering.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

As for sizing, that's always what I've said. I noticed this year Shea Weber wore a 62 whereas he normally wears 58. Same with Ryan Ellis in the World's, 54-->58. I had heard this year's olympic jerseys were even tighter fitting than before.