2014 Olympic Jerseys

Check out this brutal nameplate placement. Guess someone at Nike was asleep behind the wheel!

67888_10152218533252128_124395741_n.jpg

And another, this one a little off to the right...

1656417_10152218542687128_5358490_n.jpg

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, how'd you get ahold of that? And are there anymore available?!?!

Yep, I was actually going to make a post on this now. The seller actually ended up selling me the jersey and it just came in today. This is by far the lightest hockey jersey I've ever put my hands on. Here are some close ups:

Wait, how'd you get ahold of that? And are there anymore available?!?!

One seller on eBay had one for sale, I had to pay $315 for it. Maybe more might show up on eBay but I think that's your only chance..

Yeah I hear you. Still very glad you ended up getting it. As much as I'm not a fan of the material/build I'd love to get one from either this year or last Olympics as long as I don't have to sell one of my fingers or something like that.

The range for the gamers auctioned off my Meigray from 2010 ranged from $1,200-$8,700. And back up only goalies went for $1,000-$1,200. So yeah, a little bit more haha.

The range for the gamers auctioned off my Meigray from 2010 ranged from $1,200-$8,700. And back up only goalies went for $1,000-$1,200. So yeah, a little bit more haha.

Is there a place to see what each jersey went for in 2010?

A fair number of teams used that font in 2010 at the Olympics (US, Russia, Germany, Slovakia) and I think even more are using it this year.

A fair number of teams used that font in 2010 at the Olympics (US, Russia, Germany, Slovakia) and I think even more are using it this year.

All Nike, all the time. They are trying to cookie cutter the entire deal.

Letters on nameplates aren't being sewn down either.

The yellow Germany jersey wins that picture.

What a bummer..

I'm not as huge a collector as you guys are, but I've got two personalized German hockey jerseys (2006-black, 2010-white), and I figured that this years jerseys would be "more of the same," and it wouldn't have been that bad to not get one after they failed to qualify....but those yellow jerseys are STUNNING. (Seeing those and then also not getting to see the German's out there is a double whammy)

I also read that you guys aren't digging the glossy shoulder deals at all, but those eagles are just SCREAMING off of the German Girl's shoulders.

I know that the smaller teams aren't available easily (not everyone can be the US or Canada afterall), and it looks even HARDER to get a Women's jersey...but is there a way to get a German jersey AT ALL? I checked the Nike.de site (no dice), and some of the other ones that've mentioned. I wear a L in Nike (so says my other two). That said, I don't think I could wear a women's cut, but I wouldn't mind wearing a Men's cut of the Women's version. Don't judge me -- look at that thing!

And I'm a brand new member, so I gotta conserve my posts, HAHA!! Any information would be great, guys. eBay is fruitless so far.

Thanks, and enjoy the Olympics! (And I just found out that Germany crushed Japan 4-0. They only got one televised game, haha siiiiiigh..)

That St. Louis look off to anyone else?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Martin-St-Louis-GAME-WORN-Team-Canada-Hockey-Jersey-/161224776239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2589beda2f&_uhb=1

Every picture I can find has the name written "St-Louis", not "St. Louis".

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/canadas-martin-st-louis-tries-to-score-on-norways-news-photo/469220023

Or is the picture just a picture and not actually what the winning bidder will get? I can't really see Hockey Canada passing off jerseys as game worn when they're not.

Response from the seller, when I asked about the St. Louis/St-Louis discrepancy:

I'll have to check with the team as this is what they sent me on the 12th the day before the game. Not sure if they made a last minute change but i didn't notice it while I was watching.
Stay tuned

I'm noticing that the Team Canada jerseys customized prior to the Olympics have the nameplate and number closer than the actual jerseys

I know that the smaller teams aren't available easily (not everyone can be the US or Canada afterall), and it looks even HARDER to get a Women's jersey...but is there a way to get a German jersey AT ALL? I checked the Nike.de site (no dice), and some of the other ones that've mentioned. I wear a L in Nike (so says my other two). That said, I don't think I could wear a women's cut, but I wouldn't mind wearing a Men's cut of the Women's version. Don't judge me -- look at that thing!

Identical design should be used for all IIHF tournaments in the following 4 years. So unless you are fixated on Sochi you should have a decent chance to get a replica later.

nike has dropped the ball hard. they didnt even make player shirts this year. im so disappointed. Its likely that we wont see slovenia, austria latvia germany japan etc jerseys shirts hats available at all unless they are game issued or game worn. If anything pops up ill be sure to let someone know, but i highly doubt anything will..

Where did you hear that? I thought I had read somewhere that these would be used for the Olympics only, like the 2010 jerseys were.

The white USA jersey grew on me and I ended up buying a replica today. I'll wait until after the tournament to decide who to get it customized with, but I was wondering if anyone had any thought on where to get it customized. Would EPS be a safe bet? Do we know who the official customizer is? Also, has anyone seen the Sochi patch on the back hem of the jerseys for sale? I see a couple 'official' patches on ebay, but am a little hesitant to believe them.