Do 2.0 gamers just not show wear?

steve108819

Just got a couple of jerseys from the Meigray summer sale. One of them is a Dan Carcillo 2010-2011. After cursory research looking at the population report and Dans season that year, it appears this jersey was worn for roughly 15 games. There are two VERY small stick marks on the front hem and one small board burn on one of the cuffs. One sleeve also has two tiny holes in the outer layer. The other sleeve has about a 2 millimeter mark of paint transfer. Also random frayed threads on nameplate and numbers. Knowing Dans style and role on the Flyers, namely agitator, I would have thought this jersey would be littered with stick marks. The other jersey is an Alexander Steen Leafs 2008-2009 which exhibits a number of board burns (snot marks as I like to tell my wife) and customized sleeves. This jersey was worn for 16 games. To the untrained eye either one of these would pass for a brand new off the rack replica. I'm used to the old CCM days where jerseys were grimy, littered with holes, snags and tears. Do the Reeboks just hold up that much better to game use? These are my first Rbk's so I have nothing to compare them to. Thanks

Steve

They show wear sure but it's not a given. I don't know Dan carcillo's ice time for that season or whatnot but could of been scratched for some games. Was he in any fights while wearing it? Check my link in the sig my rinaldo is trashed and the mcginn is torn from fight wear. My carter playoff shirt has good wear on it and he's not a rough and tumble player I guess it's hit or miss sometimes

He was getting about 8 minutes a game. The set was worn for 25 games. He missed 3 due to the flu, 2 due to a suspension, and he missed some to a knee injury straddling set 1 and set 2(haven't cross referenced which games yet). Going the conservative route, let's say he only played in 10 of those 25 games. That's still 80 minutes of ice time for someone who gets constantly hacked, whacked, and crosschecked. I guess I just expected it show more wear.

My only 2.0s with significant wear is my Haley Whale set. Numerous repairs, stick marks, holes, etc. Practically all of my Islanders gamers look brand new

I think they can show wear just as good as any other jersey but with so many sets, alternates, speciality and promo jerseys its just harder as the jerseys see less and less action. I just got this in the mail and with 20+ repairs Id say its definitely possible.

hornqvist-preds-b.jpg

hornqvist-preds-f.jpg

hOmvjbv.jpg

Brandon,

Keep in mind, the silver area (where the majority of the repairs are) is NOT Edge material.

That said, I have a couple 2.0s with a substantial number of repairs, but it may have to do more with the players pads creating the cuts than their style of play.

I would venture to say the old 6100 style held up better. Prior to MeiGray the Flyers wore two sets of home and away per year. If set 2 was still worn during the playoffs today, they probably would be pretty beat up at the end of the season. But I agree with Greg (Flyers 845) it is hit or miss. I have a white Simmonds and Read with pretty decent wear. My two Timonen's, not so much.

My only 2.0s with significant wear is my Haley Whale set. Numerous repairs, stick marks, holes, etc. Practically all of my Islanders gamers look brand new

Jeremy, what about the Whale jerseys?

First 11 words :thumbsup:

I think part of the problem is the stick tape used now is different than it was in days past.

I have seen many stick marks visible one game and not the next. They wash out.

Also many of the players are using white stick tape.

That being said, I have many 2.0 gamers with numerous repairs.

Just depends on the player and how often that player goes to the boards.

A player may play a rough and tumble style, but if those hits aren't along the boards there won't be as much wear.

Dustin Brown comes to mind. Top five in the league in hits but rarely much wear on his jerseys.

Kopitar plays along the boards and his jerseys are loaded with repairs.

I think part of the problem is the stick tape used now is different than it was in days past.

I have seen many stick marks visible one game and not the next. They wash out.

Also many of the players are using white stick tape.

That being said, I have many 2.0 gamers with numerous repairs.

Just depends on the player and how often that player goes to the boards.

A player may play a rough and tumble style, but if those hits aren't along the boards there won't be as much wear.

Dustin Brown comes to mind. Top five in the league in hits but rarely much wear on his jerseys.

Kopitar plays along the boards and his jerseys are loaded with repairs.

You make some good points that I hadn't thought of.

Practically all of my Islanders gamers look brand new

That's because nobody on the Islanders actually plays. :P

That's because nobody on the Islanders actually plays. :P

I was just talking to someone how my roller hockey jersey that I wore for 15 games has more wear than most of my Isles.

I've got a 58G white Lightning goal cut that I've worn in one game and it's got 3 sizable rubber transfers. It seems any time the puck hits the jersey and glances off or changes direction instead of being smothered it leaves a mark.

Also, more comfortable, best fitting goalie jersey I've ever played in. Not a bad deal for $50!

I've still never tried an edge goalie-cut.

I like wearing edges when bumming around, but on the ice, I'd still prefer the 6100 style. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were a forward or defenseman.

The plot thickens with the Carcillo jersey. Check out this video.

At the 1:02 mark the jersey is clearly split straight up to the nameplate. The one in my hand has obviously not been torn and repaired. If it had I would have been bragging about the wear rather than complaining about the lack of it. I called Meigray and was told that the ripped jersey would have been taken out of service and mine was probably a back up jersey. So now the population report means basically nothing. Set 2 began on Dec 5th, but the ripped jersey occured on Feb 3rd. The fight was at the end of the second period. Would the backup become the next set 2, or would a replacement come into service relegating this jersey back to backup status? Was my jersey only worn for the 3rd period Feb 3? With the lack of wear it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Not a happy camper right now.

I have tye mcginn's 12-13 home set 1. Pics are in my link. He tore the jersey in the fight against Toronto and was taken out and given a new "set 1". He never got to wear it since he was injured and when he returned they were into set 2s by then. Here's the link to his gi set 1

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6366094&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

Also my rinaldo set one that is heavily repaired was torn in 2 separate fights. The first one was repaired and continued to wear it I've photo matched it multi times even to a goal he scored. Now he gets into another fight versus Boston that if I remember correctly happend after the set 2 started so he continued to wear set 1 road into the set 2 date. Pics are in my sig. Maybe it was a mixup but they do carry both sets on the road incase they need a backup.

Both the tears in the mcginn and rinaldo are I the same area both about 16" long the rinaldo was repaired then taken out of service the mcginn was just taken out unrepaired. I believe rinaldo had two seperate set 2s road last season I dunno why

How many Carcillo set 2's are listed in the population report? (I can't access them on my phone) If there are more than 2 (the torn one and yours) you may have to rely on a photomatch to know if it was even used much beyond Feb. 3.

If he tore the jersey in the second then in third he would of worn his set one. Then they made another set 2 home for him making a total of two set 2 home jerseys the torn one and the one that you have.

So it's like this

Home set 1

Home set 2 (torn)

Home set 2

Home set 3 (playoffs)

That's how I see it

How many Carcillo set 2's are listed in the population report? (I can't access them on my phone) If there are more than 2 (the torn one and yours) you may have to rely on a photomatch to know if it was even used much beyond Feb. 3.

There two Home set 2's and Home one set 2 GI. One of the set 2's is size 56, the other (mine) is a size 54. The GI is a size 56. But then again if you look at the pop report under inventory tag, it shows my inventory number as a size 56, which it isn't. Who knows.