Why is new jersey designs such a big secret?

tomtucker

The capitals will show their new jersey in june, and it seems like a huge event.

Why is it allways such a big secret with new designs, they build up tension, like a new species was found.

I think most will be disapointed becoz they will think they are about to see something amazing, just:" show me the jersey" allready :stickhndl:

It really seems like the NHL is just trying to keep an audience. Maybe they know their ad campaigns are too few and far between to grab people so they need to do things like this to help out with it. Who knows?

The capitals will show their new jersey in june, and it seems like a huge event.

Why is it allways such a big secret with new designs, they build up tension, like a new species was found.

I think most will be disapointed becoz they will think they are about to see something amazing, just:" show me the jersey" allready :stickhndl:

I think fans clearly have a passion and loyalty to their team's jerseys. I mean what other sport has fans wearing jerseys that go back to the 20s? Hockey fans. Look at what happened with Buffalo and their logo rollout. It was front page news for days because the team built up the suspense and the leaks. I think this go-around people will be interested in the jerseys since the new cut of the jerseys may cause some radical redesigns.

I mean what other sport has fans wearing jerseys that go back to the 20s? Hockey fans.

Well to be fair, most fans in those days really dressed up to attend games. The fans wearing team merchandise really didn't take off until probably the mid to late 60's or later.

I mean what other sport has fans wearing jerseys that go back to the 20s? Hockey fans.

Well to be fair, most fans in those days really dressed up to attend games. The fans wearing team merchandise really didn't take off until probably the mid to late 60's or later.

Yeah I remember catching some Oilers games from the 80's on CBC last year and that was exactly how it was. There were maybe 2 people wearing jerseys.

"I think fans clearly have a passion and loyalty to their team's jerseys"

Sure thing, that is also why i don´t like teams changing they jersey too much.

I see you are a Buffalo fan, me too, but since i am not from Buffalo i have a hard time rooting for them since i don´t reconise them anymore, if you know what i mean. Those new jerseys are too different from the previous, might as well be a new team for an out of town / country fan :unsure: