Vintage jerseys

ZoomZoom18

With the vintage jersey program the NHL has been doing the last few years, I'd love to see them bring back the Canucks skate jersey from 1990-1997 and the last Minnesota North Stars black jersey 1991-93. I noticed IJ has been selling the vintage Ottawa jersey from their inagural year and I've started to see Sharks vintages out there. Seeing all these vintages that have been released has really brought back memories. Just an observation.

Yeah, the black, yellow and red canucks jersey was great.

No team has that combination anymore, strange since it is amazing.

Why does Vancouver not just go back to that one, the blue and green now used sometimes looks silly, compared to the "team Germany" jersey :) That was EVIL looking, remember, the Russian rocket takes off in a cloud of yellow and red

I always thought that the white Flying Skate Vancouver jersey was their crowning achievement. I don't know what it was about the white but man it made that jersey look so sharp. I've been looking for one of those for YEARS.

Okay I think I have to change my answer from up there. This is probably my favorite 'Nucks jersey:

van_nucks_88_hm.jpg

How can you not love all that yellow??

Don´t remember this one, only the home white and the black away one!

When was this used?

They had the yellow ones as a predecessor to the home white flying skate jerseys. Mid to late 80's. So delightfully tacky yet so beautiful!

"I think black jerseys with gold, orange, red or yellow are among some of the sharpest ones around. Those jerseys were the whole reason I liked Vancouver in the 90s."

Me too buddy! With the ole number 10 on the back..COOOL.... :stickhndl:

I think its blasphemy for a Colorado fan to state that they once liked Vancouver...but I loved them in middle school. I was so excited for the Rangers to make the Cup Finals in 94, only to find out that they'd be playing Vancouver. I was pretty confused. I got really excited when they got Russ Courtnall from Dallas in 95. Cliff Ronning, Trevor Linden (very classy), and Kirk McLean...man as much as I dislike Vancouver, I'd love to see Linden win the Cup someday.