Flyers jersey - Advice on who to send this to

MeccaDon123

just bought this. project is to have it sent somewhere to have the 6's stripped, turned upside down, and turning them into 9's.my intent is to make a "#93" Voracek jersey. This jersey was a training camp jersey so take it easy on me for "stripping a gamer".I know PE does the jerseys, but i want the business that will do the best job stripping the 6's. and I also want the font correct as well. Any input will help. thanks.(i am not attempting to pass this off as a Voracek gamer, he is 1 of my Favorite players now and this is being made for me. If I ever sell full disclosure will be made.)

img10978942.jpg

Does PE not do any stripping? You'll have to send it to them anyway (through Skate Zone) to get a new nameplate made, so it would seem logical to send it to them to do everything, no? Or you could just strip it yourself before you send it to PE- it's not difficult at all, and even if you can't get it really clean, the 9 and 6 are almost perfectly symmetrical so you will be covering up basically the same areas you uncovered. Also, if you're trying to use the 6's over again, you'll probably see an extra line of stitch holes remaining on them after they're tacked down. Why not just get a fresh set of 9's, it probably won't be more than an extra $20 or so. You may be saving the $20 anyway since the 3's are already on.

This jersey was a training camp jersey so take it easy on me for "stripping a gamer".

:lol:

Make sure you have the MGG tag removed and inform them you are modifying it instead of sending it to the dumpster it belongs in.

1st thank you all for the replies.I would like to just have the whole thing done by PE, but who would I talk to in order to confirm the conflicting info about them striping, skate Zone?

I don't think i'll be contacting MGG, I just let them think i threw it in the dumpster you were referring to. :hook:

Brian has helped me tons in the past. Definitely email him. He is the manager at the Gear Zone at the Northeast SkateZone. Great guy to work with.

Really? When I went to the SZ they said they'd charge me upwards of $200 because it wasn't worth their time. I brought in GI ones too so they weren't lesser quality or anything.

I've only worked with the NE SZ. When I first asked Brian about stripping a jersey he was just like sure no problem. Which SZ did you go to?

They charged me $50 for three number 9's and the nameplate for my Hartnell. I stripped it. The rear number and nameplate will literally fall off. The arm numbers are a little tougher and may leave some black marks. I made sure to get a number that would completely cover the old one. Also, get new 9's as stated above. You will see the old stitching marks.