What would the risk be of getting a Stanley Cup Final and Captain patch repositioned?

PrisonedMuffin

I have a game issued Jonathan Toews jersey (which is from Canada, not Indonesia) with a 2013 Final Patch and a captain "C" patch, as seen here:

post-14526-0-45990900-1375934399_thumb.j

(sorry the pic is sideways)

However, as seen in pictures and footage from the parade, the patches aren't exactly in the right place. For instance, look at this picture of the parade:

post-14526-0-17930800-1375934813_thumb.j

I'm pretty sure the players wore their game-worn jerseys to the parade. Notice how at the parade, Toews' Finals and "C" patch is just before the seam, while on my jersey (which was stitched at Jerry's Hockey Warehouse in Schaumburg, Illinois), the patches lie on the seam.

My question is: how risky would it be to get the patches repositioned? I don't want any stitch marks. It's been sorta bugging me for a while.

I don't think there would be much risk if you left yourself the option of just having them put back where they were if removing them presents any issues. Worst case, you're back where you started.

It's also clearly not game issued (prepared for Toews) because he doesn't wear a 52...

I can not tell the difference between the placements. What's off? From my angle, it looks like they're positioned correctly relative to the Toews-worn shirt.

Edit: If you think it's off because it overlaps into the side panel, it's because your shirt is a 52 whereas the Toews shirt is probably a 56.

As someone who wears small jeresys (usually 46's) you have to adjust for things out of your control due to the size of the "canvas", i.e. number placement. As you can see, most of my jerseys do not have a lot of space underneath the back numbers (unlike ones players wear) b/c with a small jersey there's not a lot of room. It doesn't match up exactly but there's nothing I can do about it. Unless I want to look completely ridiculous and try to wear large shirts.

IMG_1711-vi.jpg

Yup, that's not game issued. And it doesn't look so great, I'd try to have them moved and worst case, put them back where they were.

I can not tell the difference between the placements. What's off? From my angle, it looks like they're positioned correctly relative to the Toews-worn shirt.

Edit: If you think it's off because it overlaps into the side panel, it's because your shirt is a 52 whereas the Toews shirt is probably a 56.

So it looks like that because of the size of the sweater? I didn't think the jersey size would effect the seams. Thanks.

I thought game-issued meant they were just like the jerseys on the ice. Guess I'm wrong.

I thought game-issued meant they were just like the jerseys on the ice. Guess I'm wrong.

That's exactly what "game-issued" is. Game-issued jerseys are jerseys that were prepared for a specific player but never actually worn on the ice. You're confusing game-issued with game-worn. Also, as others have said, that jersey was NOT prepared for use by Toews because he doesn't wear a size 52. Most players don't wear jerseys that small (not small by normal people standards, but small by hockey player standards because 52 won't fit over pads for most players) and there's no way Toews would have had a 52 prepared for on-ice use. It's possible that the jersey was TEAM-issued, meaning it was sent to the team by Reebok for them to use at some point, but it's more likely that it's a retail 2.0 and was customized as Toews.

Where did you get the jersey?

I think pro stock is a better term than team issued when describing the blank jerseys from Meigray or this jersey. Team issued can be deceiving. Pro stock is exactly what the jersey is -- a jersey intended to be used by a team, but never was. Pro stock equipment (including jerseys) is different than retail equipment.

So it looks like that because of the size of the sweater? I didn't think the jersey size would effect the seams. Thanks.

The size of the jersey is directly related with the placement of the seams. It's how they make different size shirts! ;)

There's not a lot of "pro stock" 52s out there, if there are at all, since at the NHL level, even the smallest guys are wearing 54s.

And yes, there's a problem with striving to have a jersey that's 100% accurate when you're wearing a significantly smaller jersey than the pros are. The lettering and patches will always be the correct size, but placing them on a smaller jersey will always result in it looking a little off.

There's not a lot of "pro stock" 52s out there, if there are at all, since at the NHL level, even the smallest guys are wearing 54s.

And yes, there's a problem with striving to have a jersey that's 100% accurate when you're wearing a significantly smaller jersey than the pros are. The lettering and patches will always be the correct size, but placing them on a smaller jersey will always result in it looking a little off.

Numerous Flyers wear 52, including Wellwood, Akeson, Giroux, Briere and others. So that's not really true.

Numerous Flyers wear 52, including Wellwood, Akeson, Giroux, Briere and others. So that's not really true.

I stand corrected..... so I'll say that with the exception of a couple of mighty mites on the Flyers, and Steve Sullivan, most of the NHL wears a 54 or larger....... but if you think the statement that there's not a lot of pro stock size 52 jerseys floating around is false, then we'll have a disagreement. :-)

That still doesn't resolve the problem of wanting a jersey to look exactly like the one that a guy like Toews is wearing but also wanting it to be a size 52, right?

If you are annoyed by the patches being over the seems I understand since it sometimes looks a bit goofy. Undersatnd that placing them inside the seems may make it look neater, but also much more cluttered as the C and SCF patch will be closer to the logo.

For example, here is my 54 2.0 from the 2010 Finals, so yours will be similar being a 52. I had the patches matched to his jersey location and I think it looks cluttered, but do not mind as looking though countlesss photos his patches were close to the logo even on his bigger jersey.

DSCN2231.jpg

Here is a 52 1.0 from 2010. The patches are slightly over the seems and I think it looks fine. They have a bit more room to breath.

Jerseys170.jpg