Getty images question

Xspoilerx

Ok a couple of months ago I could sign into getty images and the mark on the pictures would not be there now when I sign in it doesn't make a differance the mark stays there anybody else have this issue I found a photo match and it would be nice to have a clear picture without that mark.

Thanks

Recently, Getty Images changed their policies regarding accessing their photos without the watermark.

There were discussions on it below.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130519200742AAyUFRH

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlDMXkSifoOxjK1HA0N4aOXty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130518191553AA6H9GP

I also located this information from another page,

http://designatedsource.forumcommunity.net/?t=51617844&st=30

NOTE FOR PEOPLE WITH GETTYIMAGES ACCOUNTS: I know many people are going to ask why there are watermarks on photos featured on Getty Images despite having an account and being signed in, so let me explain what's happening. Getty recently changed their policies in, I guess, an attempt to crack down on people who signed up solely to obtain watermark-free photos without purchasing them. I don't know if they finally figured out that that's what was happening but even with an account, you cannot get photos sans watermark unless you actually pay for them. As far as I know, there is no trick or code change to remove the watermark.

Dang. They have a calculate price button but that brings up all sorts of different marketing reasons. Why can't there be an option just for printing it up and sticking it the folder with my letter of authenticity haha. Maybe I will email them and see what happens

Dont email them, email these guys - photofile.com - they will print 8x10s for any active player for like $10. As long as the pic isnt from a 'contributor' you should be good. Just go to the contact area and send them the getty number and see what they say. Best option out there imo.

Ok cool I looked at their site and it looks like they have some pictures from getty images on there

Thanks for the info

The one I was looking at is from 2006. He's stil an active player but plays for another team if that matters

A lot of a Getty Images photos can be found on http://www.zimbio.com without the watermark.

Thats a good site. I found a couple of pictures of another jersey im trying to match up This ones going to be tough Its a black jersey with a small repair and a small hole on the sleeve. But the player always has his sleeves pushed up

I just heard back from them this morning and they were able to add in this sweet picture of Boyd Gordon taking a faceoff against Dave Steckel. I hope to land both jerseys so the picture will be awesome to have and hopefully get signed. Im going to get a few more Getty #s for them and will be placing an order this week I hope.

http://www.photofile.com/SportsProducts/search/boyd%20gordon.html

That's an awesome photo especially when you will end up with the jerseys. Now I wish I saved the older photos i found with the getty number on them. Now I have to go back and find the photos again..should be to bad. Hopefully I can do an order in a week or two.

www.corbisimages.com is another good alternative to Getty

Nice site- found a photomatch to one of my gamers on my first search!

www.corbisimages.com is another good alternative to Getty

Another good site. I couldn't find hardly any pictures of Stastny in last years IIHF that site had a bunch. Now I just gotta go back thru to see if one is a photo match awesome info guys. I would mainly just do google images search and I tried bing but nothing special. this is really helping

I placed my order this weekend for a 16x20 print. Will let you know/post it here once it comes in.

Now if only the flippin jerseys would get posted for sale.

Cool that's a nice size for the pic, that will be an awesome display one you get those jerseys.

I'm still trying to decide what pics I want to use I may end up getting a couple just to see if it is a photo match, the water mark is in the way on a couple. the ones I have matched to the pics are not as good, Liles looks like he's ready to pass out in the pics. I did buy a signed hockey card on eBay that's a photo match that's not to bad

That is pretty sweet and it didn't take long at all to get

It wouldve been here last Friday but USPS made a quick stop in Kansas with it.... but they did an amazing job, Ill be getting many more for sure. What a deal.

Haha nice doesnt hurt to have two.

I just placed my order with photo file. It's one of Paul Stastny after a goal, in a jersey i have of his hopefully I can find a photo match in it.

I did the same a 16x20. I have the picture saved and stared at the picture before trying to see anything figure I would give it a shot I know he wore the jersey in the game and its a white jersey so I am hoping to find something