Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nas

Status updates sidebar!

5 posts in this topic

I'm on another IP.Board forum, and I think this place doesn't take advantage of one of the forum software's best features: status updates! People can post their own updates as usual, but no one really sees them unless they go to their profile. I think it would be better all around if there was a box on the side of the frontpage that shows everyone's recent status updates.

Do you mean our facebook status updates? I think something like that would just add too much clutter to the page.

Do you mean our facebook status updates? I think something like that would just add too much clutter to the page.

No, click on your profile. You can post status updates, and on the front page, it would look something like this.

post-15011-0-09294200-1377612029_thumb.p

And would go under the recent topics tab, it wouldn't take up too much. I'm assuming this is regular with the forum software, so it should be able to be added easily. This is just my suggestion though, I think it would be a good idea. It would make the forum more lively in the sense that it'd be easier for people to see what other people are up to. It doesn't take advantage of the status update feature since they're only visible in profiles.

Eh, that seems kind of dorky for a hockey jersey forum. I don't see it getting much use around here.

I hate status updates (one of many reasons I'm one of the 14 people on Earth who still does not have a Facebook page):

"Watching hockey game"

No you're not; you're typing nonsense in a seat you paid $100 for.

"In ambulance b/c I was hit by a puck while I was typing "watching hockey game" "