New Isles Logo (?)

Cygnus X-1

It's just a patch, nothing special. I can't see them using that as any type of crest or full-time logo. Maybe as a shoulder patch? MAYBE, but even that's a stretch. That logo will probably be used as a patch for the inaugural season and nothing more.

Yeah that was my take- they'd keep everything the same, use it as a patch (and of course on many other types of merch to increase the sales)

Figured I'd just put this here. The islanders are going to keep their colors when they move, but apparently the jerseys are going to be changed, which is probably a bad thing. They're also going to dump the current third and introduce a new that "appeals to Brooklyn in an authentic way".

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/9/16/islanders-make-plans-for-brooklyn.html

I am usually a fan of shoulder patches, but have no desire to add a shoulder patch to our current set. If it is a circular patch with "Brooklyn Hockey Club" around an Islanders logo, I probably could live with it. I don't care what they do with a third jersey. I have faith that whatever Yormark and co designs will be better than what Terry and interns can design -- unless the jersey is just black and white and says "ISLANDERS" on the front.

It'll be black and white and say "BROOKLYN" on the front. They're trying to appeal to hipsters, you know. Also, I can't see how they can in any way "appeal to Brooklyn in an authentic way", short of a slice of pizza for a logo.

Or maybe the team will wear messenger bags during the warm-ups.

Or maybe the team will wear messenger bags during the warm-ups.

Now, now, that's only in WIlliamsburg and Park Slope. Which is close enough to Barclays for it to work. I hope the team realizes that not one hipster is going to go see them when they move because everybody in Brooklyn is already a Rangers fan, and the Islanders fans won't travel out here because they'll be too pissed off over the team moving off LI. This is a lose-lose for the Islanders, and a win-win for the Rangers because it's essentially another home game every time they play the Isles in Brooklyn.

I'm from Queens but moved to Long Island and I gotta say I'd have preferred they stay put. I voted to fund the Coli renovation too...don't see how this will work. Fans from Suffolk aren't going all the way to BKLYN. Don't blame them- heck, some nights I'm tired and not jumping for joy over the hour train ride to and from MSG.

But as a true fan, I soldier on!!

In Newsday today (or yesterday -- these days are all a blur), it said that 25% of the tickets sold for the Barclays preseason game were sold to Brooklyn residents and 18% Nassau/13% Suffolk (IIRC).

I might go Saturday -- depends on the ticket prices. They need to drop at least $15 on Stubhub for me to consider.

I'm from Queens but moved to Long Island and I gotta say I'd have preferred they stay put. I voted to fund the Coli renovation too...don't see how this will work. Fans from Suffolk aren't going all the way to BKLYN. Don't blame them- heck, some nights I'm tired and not jumping for joy over the hour train ride to and from MSG.

But as a true fan, I soldier on!!

Dude it's almost an hour train ride for me too and I live in Brooklyn, but I live at the wrong end. I'm in South Brooklyn all the way down by Coney Island, so it takes about an hour total between walking to the train, waiting for the train and actually taking the 45 minute ride to 34th street. It'll be easier to get to games after New Year's when I'm at John Jay and 3 stops from the Garden.