It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved.. my..post... sorry..

Let me start off v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 with a few last minute pickups from the summer sale.

08/09 Vern Fiddler Road Set 2 - nice wear on this with tons of sleeve repairs. Really like this guy, one of my favorite yappers in the NHL.

fiddler-b.jpg

fiddler-f.jpg

09/10 Marcel Goc Home Set 2 - Lighter wear on this one as Goc has multiple jerseys within each set. Really wanted to represent Germany within the Preds collection.

goc-b.jpg

goc-f.jpg

10/11 Jerred Smithson Road Set 1 - Decent wear on this jersey with many marks and repairs. Smithson is 7th overall in games played for the Preds @ 497 and this jersey was worn in his 400th.

smithson-b.jpg

smithson-f.jpg

Haha thanks guys. Im a big fan of all these dudes, I just wish Goc wore 57 with the Preds, I think thats a pretty sweet number. The Goc also rounded out my 09/10 set and puts me at 11/14 seasons completed for the Preds. Just need 6 more jerseys to have a home, road and alt for every year!

Haha thanks guys. Im a big fan of all these dudes, I just wish Goc wore 57 with the Preds, I think thats a pretty sweet number. The Goc also rounded out my 09/10 set and puts me at 11/14 seasons completed for the Preds. Just need 6 more jerseys to have a home, road and alt for every year!

Until 1 Oct.

Just got this in today

Corey Cowick Binghamton Senators angry face 2010/2011 St.Patricks day game jersey. No real wear on the jersey. It is from their Calder Cup year which makes it a little cooler

post-5954-0-96021600-1379192697_thumb.jp

post-5954-0-79913700-1379192708_thumb.jp

Oh man those are nice, post a shot of the back. I wouldnt mind having a blank set of those to play in. I love those old center Ice practice jerseys.

Marco Sturm 2009-2010 Set 3: Light wear, with a small number of black marks

jXYTZ1yl.jpgs9JknXNl.jpg

Aaron Downey 1998-1999 Preseason Set: Moderate wear - red and black marks on the sleeves as well as material snagging (Starter knit, go figure!)

Screen-printed bear patches

StJ9WHXl.jpg6DjrgvTl.jpg

Brad Isbister 2005-2006 Set 1: Moderate wear - black stick marks on sleeves and body, as well as board burns on the right shoulder

pBeDNEpl.jpgntjcmnPl.jpg

Daniel Goneau 1994 Preseason Set: Moderate/Heavy wear - appears to be recycled from the 1993 season, as indicated by the glue outline left from the removed Stanley Cup centennial patch

Board burns, paint transfers, repairs, small holes, black marks, and a screened-on nameplate. May have been a recycled Darren Banks #56 shirt.

PKFes59l.jpgjgT9yMQl.jpg

And my favorite...

Nick Boynton 2003-2004 Set 1: Heavy wear (the closest I've ever seen to "hammered") - Heavy black marking, unrepaired tear in the left sleeve, multiple repairs on the right elbow, slit neck with reinforced stitching, board burns, slashing across the crest

RUduaHal.jpg5QD745Zl.jpg

and a seeming photo-match to the mark on the crest

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/nick-boynton-of-the-boston-bruins-skates-during-the-game-news-photo/2999185

Also matched to the spot on the right arm near the stripe, as well as the obvious split on the collar, which make for an even more definite photomatch. How about those marks on the lower left side of the jersey front in the game photo- are they covered by the sleeve in your photo?

How about those marks on the lower left side of the jersey front in the game photo- are they covered by the sleeve in your photo?

Yes they are. I thought I had gotten them when I was shooting last night.

I always hate myself immediately after saying this, but I'm giving it a try again. I'm a fan of the B's sweaters.

Ugh.

There's nothing wrong with being a little Bru-curious, some say it's even perfectly natural.

Oooooh, Isbister. One of the coolest names ever. Isbister. Cool jersey.

Thanks to Phill the Trill :thumbsup:

You're welcome. Finally though.

Edited by slimcutta
No need to quote pics, thx

Just added... 2013 Michael Del Zotto game used stick, NYR gloves and NYR locker room hat... Nice items to add to my Del Zotto collection...

34u2.jpg

Those Bruins jerseys are sharp and also reinforce my belief that two color letters for names are much cleaner and more legible than the overly busy three color letters. Three colors may work perfectly well for larger back numbers, but not for names, at least in my book.

The Hurricanes jersey also reminds me of how much I loved their italicized name and number font. So sad to see that going away with their new set. Bummer.