It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Spoken about in the eBay thread, but it arrived today so it belongs here too. Real excited about this one.

7F370C96-6BC8-4A05-BB87-0227B0A647FA_zps

F609C51E-5B95-4D5C-B281-A342990ECAB7_zps

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes perfect sense. Guy is in Florida, so its probably a local long-time STH. And just because he's bought multiple doesn't mean he's buying them cheap either. Someone posts their pickups and people start making offers. How is that not any different than someone posting a pickup and posting that its for sale (which isn't allowed?)

I say congrats on the pickups. Do any of them have any nice wear? I waited a while for one until I found this Jason Wiemer with excellent wear for an alternate

i-wPPqwqD-L.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for Crosby. It's nice to see them make the light of day at least.

Just frustrated a bit. When I say I've been posting and refreashing those posts for a few years on every corner of the web I'm not exagerating. So to see this it's makes you feel like "Do people just not want to deal with me?, I thought I have a good rep in the hobby."

But I basically came to the same conclusion with Crosby in a PM after he told me it was one source, not many. Local collector not on the web and Crosby just happend to be in the right place at the right time and was privy to satisfying his needs. 12 hrs later I'm over it.

I think the Puppa set me off hahaha. That was always one of my specific requests other than size when I made "wanted" posts. Darren Puppa always played tough against the Rangers whether in TB or Buffalo so I respected him as an opponent.

Edited by Richter9377

And Mfitz, glad the Devils jersey finally arrived. You win major patience points on that one.

Thanks, my brother. Resisting the urge to tell the guy off was not easy but paid off in the end!

Awesome, see good things happen to good people. I would have fugged that situation up after a few days of the sellers nonsense. I had a gut feeling it was going to be a white/green Devils but this is even better. Your size and a great player. Congrats!

Awesome, see good things happen to good people. I would have fugged that situation up after a few days of the sellers nonsense. I had a gut feeling it was going to be a white/green Devils but this is even better. Your size and a great player. Congrats!

It was really the perfect jersey for me, that made me tolerate a little more nonsense than I am usually predisposed to accept. I tried as hard as I could to keep the door open just in case, and I managed to do so.

Thanks!

Really happy to get this one. Steve Kariya 02/03 game issued 10th anniversary Albany River Rats. Apparently the team got the jerseys all done up and ready to go when Lou stepped in and put a stop to the alternate logo. They wore a patch on their regular jerseys instead. Would like to find a white someday to pair with it. I'm sort of indifferent on the fact that it's signed. I like GI/GW jerseys to look "normal" and the signature takes away from that, but then again I spent so much time as a kid hanging around the old Pepsi arena in Albany with my dad trying to get players to sign stuff that I'm ok with it on this one.

IMAG1333.jpgIMAG1335.jpgIMAG1336.jpgIMAG1338.jpg

Tyler is here to make every grown man cry real tears of jealously.

Nice jersey bud! Enjoy those sick alternates.

That Rats logo is really cool too, it really pops.

Puppa has always been one of my favorite players so its nice to have his jersey

That Puppa is a $2K jersey all day long.

Congrats!

I'll take the "con" position: those Storm jerseys are U-G-L-Y.

Not a huge fan myself, but I definitely can see the appeal and why some people love them. But then again I dislike the burger king as well. The wild wing is the only really "out there" jersey I would consider spending decent money on.

Got this guy in today...been looking for one for a long time. Interesting thing on these WHA2 jerseys, they are sized as replicas but have the double elbows and fight strap. I have the red version as well and that one is game worn. Besides the name and number there are no other differences between the jerseys in construction.

75d6c7403040ff752d0a09a4e5431051_zpsjirv

763bda645fff6693647db4f467e7307a_zps8a1s

I also dislike the Burger King AND the Wild Wing.

Agreed. I find it funny that so many new collectors put those jerseys on a pedestal. They are ugly as sin and not even as rare as people think.

I happen to like the Storm jersey because I had a replica when they first came out and wore the hell out of that thing.

Edited by thebiggoalie

Don't get me wrong, if my team put out a jersey that ugly, I'd own at least one also.

Congrats!

I gotta disagree here.

Bottom 6 forwards and bottom 4 defenseman STorm jerseys, have been selling in the $500-$750 plus auction fee range for the past 3-4 years of Big Auction House listings.

The most notibe player being Mikhael Renberg, that was patched, had a Captain "C" and ample wear that went just under $1,400 plus fees. Which are 20% so lets say $1680 total.

I cant see Puppa going $2,000. I like the guy. People who follow goalies know of him. But I don't think his name carries enough weight to garner a $2k price tag. (Unless you get 2 hardcore Puppa fans and his mother bidding that have bottomless wallets and the desire.) Every auction seems to have one head scratcher.

The Storm jerseys just don't have the huge price tags that the Burger Kings and Wild Wings do. They trend to hover around the Salmon Canucks price range.

That said. Anything can happen and anyone is free to ask or pay what they want. I get it and I wouldn;t argue that point. Just saying...generally auction house prices dictate value in the game worn community, and, by what I've seen trying to chase a Blue 1996 World Cup USA jersey, ebay tends to dictate the value of Pro Authentics too.

Edited by Richter9377

I'd consider doing $2,000 for the Ciccarelli because he's a Hall of Famer and a 600-goal scorer. But, anyone who would pay two grand for a Darren Puppa jersey needs their head examined.

Congrats!

I gotta disagree here.

Bottom 6 forwards and bottom 4 defenseman STorm jerseys, have been selling in the $500-$750 plus auction fee range for the past 3-4 years of Big Auction House listings.

The most notibe player being Mikhael Renberg, that was patched, had a Captain "C" and ample wear that went just under $1,400 plus fees. Which are 20% so lets say $1680 total.

I cant see Puppa going $2,000. I like the guy. People who follow goalies know of him. But I don't think his name carries enough weight to garner a $2k price tag. (Unless you get 2 hardcore Puppa fans and his mother bidding that have bottomless wallets and the desire.) Every auction seems to have one head scratcher.

The Storm jerseys just don't have the huge price tags that the Burger Kings and Wild Wings do. They trend to hover around the Salmon Canucks price range.

That said. Anything can happen and anyone is free to ask or pay what they want. I get it and I wouldn;t argue that point. Just saying...generally auction house prices dictate value in the game worn community, and, by what I've seen trying to chase a Blue 1996 World Cup USA jersey, ebay tends to dictate the value of Pro Authentics too.

I own a game worn Puppa lightning and was offered $2K from a goalie collector. I turned it down since I love the jersey so much. Perhaps that's your head scratcher? But this is a super rare sweater and to find it in a goalie cut AND it be a Puppa is golden to collectors (it is for me, also).

Send me all the $500-700 game worn Lightning storm jerseys you have, they don't sell for that anymore from what I've seen. I've seen just plain old authentics (blank) sell for that. I'd snap them all up.

I guess it may also help that I am in Tampa, and people want this jersey here especially. :)

May sound like I'm pumping them up, but I am not a seller and could really care less.. and the lower price would help me get more of them.

Edited by khabbi

Yeah khabbi i feel all the game used storms are in fl. I have 4 more to pick up this week including a brian bradley

Edited by Crosby5587