It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Guest Dr_Puck

Perhaps the foundation is holding on to the Lightning jerseys so they increase in value. We all know that scarcity drives up value.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the foundation is holding on to the Lightning jerseys so they increase in value. We all know that scarcity drives up value.

I was going to say they were extracting DNA to create a new breed of genetically altered super players, but sure, your explanation may be more plausible.

Guest Dr_Puck

I was going to say they were extracting DNA to create a new breed of genetically altered super players, but sure, your explanation may be more plausible.

Ha. I prefer your explanation for the cool factor. Also I wouldn't put anything past Stevie Y. Edited by Dr_Puck

Really, you can't trust a guy with a Y and a Z at the beginning of his name. That just ain't right.

85-86 Lindsay Carson Road w/ "31" patch. Medium wear. Classic!

IMG_1067-vi.jpg

IMG_1151-vi.jpg

IMG_1100-vi.jpg

IMG_1083-vi.jpg

IMG_1087-vi.jpg

The jersey shows moderate wear throughout. The front shows even wear with a few crest slashes, black markings, and a 2" loop style repair on the lower left side. The right arm has two 1" loop repairs, fraying of the arm numbers, repairs to the orange piping, and numerous burns and markings in the elbow and cuff area. The left arm has a few black markings, repairs to the orange piping, a 1" loop repair on the cuff, and numerous burns and markings in the cuff area, and "31" patch to commemorate the passing of Pelle Lindbergh. The rear of the jersey has even wear from top to bottom. There is a black mark on the bottom of the number 1, a black mark on the top right side of the number 8, and some markings on the rear black hem. The fight strap has been sewn through the rear number 1 but shortened with a custom skate lace sewn to it with heavy thread. Most of the bottom half where the strap was sewn is loose threads from fight abuse. Light inside pilling is present.

Haha, don't think so, the value in the jerseys is right now while the team is hot IMO. IN a year or two, when key players have been traded to other teams, no one will want those unless they are big name players. I can think of a bunch of players that would sell big right now but may have limited value in a year or two.

The game worns go to the "Lightning foundation", a charitable wing of the Lightning. With all of the jerseys that go to them, you NEVER see one go up for auction nor are you able to contact them to make a donation for one. I have called many times (as have other Jersey collectors and Lightning fans) and they will tell you that they have none for sale.

So over the past several years, the jerseys have essentially gone into a black hole. I'm not sure why the foundation doesn't put them up for auction and try and make some money for them (the whole purpose of the foundation), but it appears that they don't. I know people that have offered big money for game worns (IE, $3K for a stammer) and the foundation just says "sorry", none for sale.

Maybe they go to big money coorporate sponsors so people who aren't really hockey fans can hang them on their office walls.

Actually I'm surprised that Bettman hasn't taken control of what the teams do with the jerseys like he has with everything else in the league.

Edited by Krendelev

Holy crap! That Lindsay Carson is outstanding! The Lindberg memorial is amazing too! And maybe I'm just a little over-excited right now for some weird reason!

Haha, don't think so, the value in the jerseys is right now while the team is hot IMO. IN a year or two, when key players have been traded to other teams, no one will want those unless they are big name players. I can think of a bunch of players that would sell big right now but may have limited value in a year or two.

It is really strange. I got extremely lucky to get a team issued white Adam Hall a while back. Already have a Palat nameplate just haven't got around to putting it on yet.

fd2fcac9f73bd5e2b453acae8006c112_zps173b

Another great pick up Rob

Who did the Ladd fonts for you that jersey looks sharp .

EPS did it. Sent pics and instructions about the skinnier 6 font.

Edited by HawksFanInDC

I hate Stepan so much right now.

Why? It's not like if you like one crappy hockey team, you have to like them all.

No but if you like one crappy hockey team, you have to hate its rival.

It is really strange. I got extremely lucky to get a team issued white Adam Hall a while back. Already have a Palat nameplate just haven't got around to putting it on yet.

That's awesome, congrats! I know the feeling of finally snagging one of the recent authentics.. You fell like you've accomplished something :thumbsup:

You've had one too many beers when Ladd looks like Sharp

Got this in yesterday. Kind of found this by accident but love it. Albany Devils 10th Anniversary (2002-03) GI Bret Clouthier17677449292_465bb0a1b4_z.jpg

17059584283_a7e2a77eab_z.jpg

Edited by Devilsguy

Got this in yesterday. Kind of found this by accident but love it. Albany Devils 10th Anniversary (2002-03) GI Bret Clouthier17677449292_465bb0a1b4_z.jpg

Love it. Looks like it's in good company as well.

17059584283_a7e2a77eab_z.jpg

Guest Dr_Puck

I have to admit it. I couldn't stand the Rats look initially. However, they're growing on me and that's a pretty cool looking jersey Devilsguy.