It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002-2003 Chris Tamer gameworn Thrashers 3rd jersey – preseason jersey, medium wear, numerous sewn repairs, board burns and many cuts & unrepaired holes; some fight damage to the neck -

001_zpsxxtiadlr.jpg

002_zpsfhtglna3.jpg

005_zpss1jojd5k.jpg

003_zpscypjvr9f.jpg

004_zpsk1aa9rhi.jpg

Ryan Getzlaf Milestone Game used jersey & Goal puck. Ryan scored his 20th goal of the season & 669 career point on March 1st while wearing this jersey. He tied Former Captain Paul Kariya for Second on the Anaheim Ducks all-time scoring list. Jersey has been photo-matched with the wear and tear. Jersey was worn during time period Dec 27-March 3rd.

getzcollage_zpslphlnxxg.jpg

Photo-match photo: right wrist mark, belly stick mark, and hole on left arm

getzphmatch_zpsosvnjb6x.jpg

Belly stick mark, left arm marks and hole

getzlafphotomatch_zpsks6zqppf.jpg

Not a jersey but pretty cool item used during a game. Wild Wing's Stanley Cup 2014 Flag used before a playoffs game. Wild Wing descends from the rafters holding the flag.Once on ice, he skates around aving the flag to kick off the game.

7b9c8850-9f2b-4301-947c-f9d795502efb_zps

2014-15 NY Rangers JT Miller Heritage game used helmet to go with his game worn sweater from this year... :thumbsup:

YieMDC.jpg

Not a jersey but pretty cool item used during a game. Wild Wing's Stanley Cup 2014 Flag used before a playoffs game. Wild Wing descends from the rafters holding the flag.Once on ice, he skates around aving the flag to kick off the game.

Wild Wing was so much cooler when he was jumping through fire! Sweet item though!

My first ever order from EPS!

First of all, a Florida Panthers Alternate ('09-'12) 1.0 Horton. As soon as the Clarkson for Horton's contract deal happened, I immediately knew who I was getting on this jersey. It's a bummer for Horton that he'll likely never play another game in the NHL, but man 'o man am I happy to never have to see Clarkson as a Leaf ever again.

AM795sx.jpg

cdABUe4.jpg

And an Ovechkin alternate Indo-Edge. As my jersey collecting goals have changed dramatically since I sent this order in back in April, this will be in my For Sale thread soon.

UdJflfg.jpg

JGpGG3F.jpg

My first ever order from EPS!

First of all, a Florida Panthers Alternate ('09-'12) 1.0 Horton. As soon as the Clarkson for Horton's contract deal happened, I immediately knew who I was getting on this jersey. It's a bummer for Horton that he'll likely never play another game in the NHL, but man 'o man am I happy to never have to see Clarkson as a Leaf ever again.

And an Ovechkin alternate Indo-Edge. As my jersey collecting goals have changed dramatically since I sent this order in back in April, this will be in my For Sale thread soon.

Changed dramatically in what way?

I'm all about gamers too. Very rarely the occasional authentic. Best part about collecting gamers is you don't have to send out jerseys to be customized and worry about it.

I'm all about gamers too. Very rarely the occasional authentic. Best part about collecting gamers is you don't have to send out jerseys to be customized and worry about it.

And with the high cost since the Edge-takeover and retail not carrying authentic jerseys, it's easier and sometimes cheaper than buying a blank and then sending it to the customizer.

All valid points but the #1 reason why gamers won't ever work for me: I'm way too small to ever fit into one and the thought of not being able to wear it defeats the purpose (for me) and ultimately, is a waste of money.

I learned my lesson with sneakers. ?

And with the high cost since the Edge-takeover and retail not carrying authentic jerseys, it's easier and sometimes cheaper than buying a blank and then sending it to the customizer.

Pretty much. I have gotten gamers from private collectors for under $200 and often under $175 of players who aren't scrubs or 1-game wonders.

All valid points but the #1 reason why gamers won't ever work for me: I'm way too small to ever fit into one and the thought of not being able to wear it defeats the purpose (for me) and ultimately, is a waste of money.

I learned my lesson with sneakers.

I have only actually worn out a handful of my gamer collection. I usually wear replicas or authentics when I go to a game these days. To me gamers are more like collecting cards than something I buy to wear out to places.

Pretty much. I have gotten gamers from private collectors for under $200 and often under $175 of players who aren't scrubs or 1-game wonders.

Yes, buying and customizing an EDGE 2.0 is pretty much a losing proposition. I haven't switched to gamers yet but I am focusing now on trying to find properly customized authentics that aren't that expensive, i.e. being the guy who buys the reduced price jersey after the seller spent too much on it, rather than being the guy who takes that beating myself.

I should have asked you for a tutorial before I started. I'm getting better at finding fair deals, but the price I paid for my Preds Jokinen is going to haunt me until the day I die!

I should have asked you for a tutorial before I started. I'm getting better at finding fair deals, but the price I paid for my Preds Jokinen is going to haunt me until the day I die!

I see I used the word "often" in my sentence. That is not accurate and my mistake. It doesn't happen often but I have gotten some great deals in the past where I have gotten gamers of Devils players like Andy Greene for less than $175 as an example.

Let's keep this thread about new arrivals. We can have a discussion about gamers vs others in a new thread if you want.

I think "hammered" has never been more aptly used...

VERY cool jersey though!

Even being in this hobby as long as I have, it still amazes me. Somewhere, at some point, Mr. Oliver pulled on that jersey, probably in pretty close to that condition, and took the ice. I feel like ownership would want to present their team looking as good as possible, but I've learned that if they did, they would have like 6-7 sets of home AND of road.

Which, of course, wouldn't be cost effective, especially at the lower levels.

A lot of folks don't seem to like to ship to Canada, so I often get jerseys shipped to a buddy's address in the States. His most recent return to Calgary included four jerseys that I've shipped to his US address over the last few weeks. I'm genuinely stoked to have some of these in my possession finally!

2001/02 Alex Mogilny Road, Set 1

I loved Mogilny. He was such an honest interview. I remember him being asked why he was leaving the Stanley Cup champion Devils for the Leafs, and his answer was remarkably direct: "They offered me more money".

9kIvkvG.jpg

WCejpOb.jpg

2006/07 Alex Steen Home, Set 1

I'll never forget that the Smartest Man In The World (Damien Cox) referred to Steen as a "marginal NHLer" when he was dealt to St. Louis. Yeah. Steen has only gone on to score 130 goals for the Blues, like all other marginal NHLers I guess.

Exorg4o.jpg

V3NwPqG.jpg

2003/04 San Jose Sharks Alyn McCauley, Set 2

I think I might have been the only Leaf fan who was genuinely bummed when McCauley was dealt to San Jose as part of the deal for Owen Nolan. He was one of the few NHLers to come from my part of the world, and he was playing for my favourite team. Not only that, but in the 01/02 playoffs McCauley stepped up and played amazing hockey when Sundin got hurt. But I still like to remind anyone who will listen that McCauley ended up getting more points in San Jose for the Sharks than Nolan did in Toronto for the Leafs (83 to 60).

nrJ5hT8.jpg

JnsKlHL.jpg

Nice Mogilny. Only other player beside Sundin to lead the Leafs in scoring from 94-95 to 2007-08. Don't even get me started on the Steen trade.

They talked about the Stralman and 2nd round pick (Brandon Saad) to Calgary for Wayne Primeau trade in 2009 happening because they needed a "warm body".

Gotta love those JFJ, Burke, Nonis years.